An easy solution

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

An easy solution

Postby Igneouss » Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:02 am

Eliminate the big sound/rave camps. 10,000 non participants will vanish. Also has the virtue of near elimination of frat boys and sparkle ponies.
I'm sold.
Basic b/e analysis:
2005 $243K
06 $855K
07 $1.0M
08 $1.1M
09 $0
10 $1.1M
11 $1.2M
12 $1.2M
That’s $6.8M that thousands of volunteers deserve to know about. Capitalism is alive at BM. Tickets are the commodity. Others have estimated higher profits.
Igneouss

Re: An easy solution

Postby BBadger » Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:59 am

Or make it so you can only enter BM the first two days and if you leave there's no reentry except in extraordinary circumstances (i.e. you never wanted to leave in the first place). That dries up most of the Thursday-night-arrival darktard ravers.

Actually, to be honest I don't really care that much, so long as my friends and I can get in, though I would like to see some "accidents" occur with darktards.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.
BBadger

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby graidawg » Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:14 am

not being funny but one of my best experiences at BM was seeing infected mushroom at opulent temple so for me thats a non-starter
completely unconcerned.
"Savannah" I like it . . . it makes us sound forward-thinking, and not at all like trailblazing, professional-level procrastinors.
the rest of us are in the School of Fukkit. "Eric"
graidawg

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dread Pirate barbie

Postby BBadger » Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:23 am

I actually like the atmosphere those camps give even if I don't visit them. It adds to the whole outer-worldly effect of the place. Now darktards... those are a blight, especially the ones who leave their bikes laying unlit in the middle of the playa.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.
BBadger

Postby remi » Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:25 am

Every city has their darktards. Without them.. all we would have is a boring eutopia. Who wants that?
Can you at least admit that nuclear explosions are awesome!?
remi

Postby trilobyte » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:05 am

Or just don't go. BRC doesn't need any more 'burnier than thou' types, and if you've got a problem with loud music and dancing and people who think or act differently than you, this might not be the festival for you.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby Ugly Dougly » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:30 pm

Igneouss wrote:Eliminate the big sound/rave camps. 10,000 non participants will vanish. Also has the virtue of near elimination of frat boys and sparkle ponies.
I'm sold.

I would buy tickets to that.
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Postby Eric » Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:12 pm

trilobyte wrote:Or just don't go. BRC doesn't need any more 'burnier than thou' types, and if you've got a problem with loud music and dancing and people who think or act differently than you, this might not be the festival for you.

Now stop being reasonable. You're going to ruin the whole superiority vibe this thread has going.
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

Regarding Ticket Scalpers and Scammers

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
BRC Weekly
Eric

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby lemur » Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:33 pm

NO SPECTATORS
Don't link to anything here!
lemur

Camp Name: Plug N Play Camp

Postby enl8enmentnow » Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:12 pm

I don't understand why they didn't just make the tickets non-transferable. Scalping problem solved. Early demand problem solved because only those that are really sure they are going to go will buy a ticket, knowing they can't sell it later to someone else.

Many other events sell online tickets like this, such as Glastonbury and Mutek. The lottery system is so retarded it's way out of left field. How can you plan a group event if you don't even know who can go? It's mind boggling that an idea this bad has come this far.
enl8enmentnow

Postby theCryptofishist » Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:29 pm

If it's really that bad, then perhaps next year, when it has been proven to be so, they will try something else.

I guess I find it just that little odd that a community that prides itself on being open to new things is so adamant that it won't work. I guess I have my own inconsistencies...
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby lucky420 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:42 pm

theCryptofishist
I guess I find it just that little odd that a community that prides itself on being open to new things is so adamant that it won't work. I guess I have my own inconsistencies...

Round of applause for fishy!!!
Oh my god, it's HUGE!
lucky420

Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Postby VeganChoirGirl » Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:40 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:If it's really that bad, then perhaps next year, when it has been proven to be so, they will try something else.

+100
Finally moving to SF...can't WAIT!
VeganChoirGirl

Postby Ugly Dougly » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:26 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:If it's really that bad, then perhaps next year, when it has been proven to be so, they will try something else.

Radical inclusion means anywhere not everywhere. Plenty of rock concerts and raves out there.
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Postby Packoderm » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:55 pm

Here's my solution: Feel privileged for the times I got to attend Burning Man in the past, and feel hopeful for times in the future when I'll get to attend again. I'll put in my ticket order, and it will be what it will be.
(currently Zeke Chaparral)
Packoderm

Postby Savannah » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:58 pm

Packoderm wrote:Here's my solution: Feel privileged for the times I got to attend Burning Man in the past, and feel hopeful for times in the future when I'll get to attend again. I'll put in my ticket order, and it will be what it will be.

Hear, hear. :)
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Return to 2012 Tickets Discussion