Official "I've been awarded tickets in the pre-sale" Thread

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

Re: Official "I've been awarded tickets" Thread

Postby Scout_CampYnot » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:28 pm

Hands raised high with joy today!
Best Christmas present ever!
See you on the Playa!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQPQn9TLpPY
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sagan is the MAN.
Scout_CampYnot

Postby maryanimal » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:02 am

mgb327 wrote:I figure Trilo will jump in here in a minute to tell me, calmly, I TOLD YOU SO! Ok, Ok, I get it. Karma, preparation.....but it is still so weird that I had just scheduled my Burning Man tattoo right before the email came. Thanks to all you out there, I am back in love again. Hugs all around!

I'm happy for you! *hughughug* I'm registering in Jan. *keeping my fingers crossed* I may have not had an adventurous life as you, but I'm getting a Man tattoo also!! yeeehaawwww
Sometimes I'm confused by what I think is really obvious. But what I think is really obvious obviously isn't obvious.
maryanimal

Burning Since: 2011

Postby an3ssen » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:06 am

Yay! My girl and I got rewarded two tickets! Congrats to everyone and fingers crossed for all those waiting!!

Now we start preparing :)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can ask me anything on @an3ssen or on my tumblog
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
an3ssen

Postby maryanimal » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:16 am

oneeyeddick wrote:
Tiahaar wrote:Y (and giggling at oed getting a cello in the mail...I helped audition a cello my sis bought a couple years ago heheh...pics sir please please :D )

Sure thing, buddy!

It is the Cecelio-500(intermediate level), about $400 online, and I already had the second bow( although it does come with a hard case and a gig bag, and extra strings).
I am pretty stoked tonight!

It's a beauty OED! congrats!!
Sometimes I'm confused by what I think is really obvious. But what I think is really obvious obviously isn't obvious.
maryanimal

Postby DanusLight » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:17 am

@ theCryptofishist - yes she did!!

theCryptofishist wrote:Did Tamaraka--
wait, she's taking a break, we won't know...
I don't sit up all night and plot revenge... I just sit back and giggle once Karma takes over!!!
DanusLight

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Postby momofooty » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:06 am

Well I came into work this morning after celebrating my 40th birthday yesterday to find I'd been awarded 4 tickets.... It really is the best birthday present ever. I went to BM for the 1st time this year and it was the best thing ever so to going back next year is amazing... See everyone on the playa. The Man Burns in 261 days..... Mark (in London).
momofooty

Postby the firewalker » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:17 am

thank u BM, i go again :D cya all there
the firewalker

Postby theCryptofishist » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:12 am

DanusLight wrote:@ theCryptofishist - yes she did!!

theCryptofishist wrote:Did Tamaraka--
wait, she's taking a break, we won't know...

I am so pleased. It was hard on her not to have the assurance she needed.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Savannah » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:21 am

Indeed . . .

Thanks for the tip, DanusLight!
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby RedHeaven » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:24 pm

My buddies dad who lives in Berkeley scored 2 and my buddy called me up and said that he is giving me his other ticket!!

I am really in disbelief....Not sure if I truly believe him yet. I'll find out before the next ticket surge. I really dont want to apply for one if I don't have to. :mrgreen:
RedHeaven

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Cirque Du Cliche 4:30 and Dandelion Wine

Postby tattoogoddess » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:22 pm

MyDearFriend wrote:
graidawg wrote:well done all, i couldn't register for tickets as i needed my savings to finance my new career i'm hoping i get one by other means later on in next year if mdf doent get lucky.

Well I want to tell you Grai that I did get lucky 8) I have confirmation on 4 tickets 8) so, scrape the cash together at your own pace dude I got you covered.

Does anybody know when we are going to get whatever it is we can print out to put under the xmas tree?

(((Trilo))) you were right, you told me so, I am sorry I doubted you.

*so excited*

YAY!! You guys are going to be there! Now I just need to get my toosh there! Im waiting on scholarship information. *snarls lip* Sigh
maladroit- Burning Man is like a second job, except you pay to work there.
Burning Man is just the pre party for exodus! - fellow burner during exodus
http://burnon.wix.com/bloodbathandbeyond
tattoogoddess

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: bloodbath and beyond

Postby trilobyte » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:36 pm

Scholarship and old low income programs are being merged into a new program, to be announced after the start of the main sale (pretty much as it always has). Sit tight, it's coming.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby graidawg » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:56 pm

why are the low income tickets after the main sale?
completely unconcerned.
"Savannah" I like it . . . it makes us sound forward-thinking, and not at all like trailblazing, professional-level procrastinors.
the rest of us are in the School of Fukkit. "Eric"
graidawg

Camp Name: Dread Pirate barbie

Postby trilobyte » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:11 am

They've always been, it's a one or the other kind of thing. The idea being that low income programs are intended for people who can't afford the regular ticket prices.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby graidawg » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:13 am

I guess. it was silly question really
completely unconcerned.
"Savannah" I like it . . . it makes us sound forward-thinking, and not at all like trailblazing, professional-level procrastinors.
the rest of us are in the School of Fukkit. "Eric"
graidawg

Camp Name: Dread Pirate barbie

Postby tattoogoddess » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:17 am

yep yep I know the information is coming in Jan. *sigh* Such a long wait.
maladroit- Burning Man is like a second job, except you pay to work there.
Burning Man is just the pre party for exodus! - fellow burner during exodus
http://burnon.wix.com/bloodbathandbeyond
tattoogoddess

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: bloodbath and beyond

Postby maryanimal » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:30 pm

graidawg wrote:I guess. it was silly question really

Not a silly question at all grai! This year, I believe Jan. 26 was the date you could turn in your app for the low income ticket. I applied for mine shortly after that. And was awarded a ticket about 2-3 weeks later, then got my ticket about a week or so later.

As I understand, you get the info for applying for low income tickets in January, then apply in March. I could be wrong, as a lot of times I am!! :mrgreen:
maryanimal

Postby Tiahaar » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:13 pm

oneeyeddick wrote:
Tiahaar wrote:Y (and giggling at oed getting a cello in the mail...I helped audition a cello my sis bought a couple years ago heheh...pics sir please please :D )

Sure thing, buddy!
(pic snip for brevity)
It is the Cecelio-500(intermediate level), about $400 online, and I already had the second bow( although it does come with a hard case and a gig bag, and extra strings).
I am pretty stoked tonight!

TOTALLY AWESOME!!with a hardcase even, sweet! I just love it that the guy that drives around a huge flaming penis also plays the cello :mrgreen: See you out there 8)
Tiahaar

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: Starship Palomino

Postby FIGJAM » Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:36 am

OED's cock is sooooooo big.........that Phill Collins can hear it coming in the air tonight! 8)
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me
FIGJAM

Postby oneeyeddick » Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:32 am

I had several versions of that ^ song that would play through the "PA" on my MV also.
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.
oneeyeddick

Burning Since: 1996

Postby Savannah » Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:04 pm

Classic. :lol:

That reminds me . . . one of the art cars this year was playing this song. Not quite as classy, but funny. I almost fell off my bike when I heard the lyrics.

Savannah

Postby maryanimal » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:46 pm

LMAO that's too funny Savannah! I needed a good laugh!
maryanimal

Postby jurdtheturd » Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:24 am

YAY! I done gots mine! Talk about the 11th hour. 12:40 am Sunday morning. Someone in ticketing is burning the midnight oil. SUCH A STRANGE RELIEF!
jurdtheturd

Postby remi » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:37 am

jurdtheturd wrote:YAY! I done gots mine! Talk about the 11th hour. 12:40 am Sunday morning. Someone in ticketing is burning the midnight oil. SUCH A STRANGE RELIEF!

That's awesome! I thought since lots of the people I know received theres quite a few days ago that everyone would have gotten theres by now. This just goes to show that trilo isn't talking shit when he says on or before dec.19th. Congrats to everyone who received a ticket. This is the last day to get the "Christmas Ticket!"
Can you at least admit that nuclear explosions are awesome!?
remi

Postby RedHeaven » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:24 pm

Oh well I am going to have to ignore my buddy. He's doing the same thing he does every year....Hopes his wife will want to go, too. If she went, it would be a miracle. I am going to take responsibility for my own ticket and I bet a billion bunny bucks that my buddy will be selling an extra in June.
RedHeaven

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Cirque Du Cliche 4:30 and Dandelion Wine

Postby skyhawkecks » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:21 pm

I was supposed to be awarded a ticket, but apparently my debit card wouldn't allow the transaction to go through, even though I have way more than enough to cover the charge.

It also says my pre-sale registration won't carry over to the main sale and I'll have to re-register. I thought that if you didn't win tickets in the pre-sale, you were automatically entered in for the main/open sale?
skyhawkecks

Postby Savannah » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:30 pm

skyhawkecks wrote:I was supposed to be awarded a ticket, but apparently my debit card wouldn't allow the transaction to go through, even though I have way more than enough to cover the charge.

It also says my pre-sale registration won't carry over to the main sale and I'll have to re-register. I thought that if you didn't win tickets in the pre-sale, you were automatically entered in for the main/open sale?

Hi skyhawkecks. If it were a matter of simply not being selected, your registration would roll over automatically into the main sale. The re-registration is specific to card declines--the idea being that if there is something wrong with the card number, expiration date, the bank, etc, you might be able to fix it before registering again.

(If your card was simply rolled over into the main sale without examination, whatever went wrong the first time is more likely happen again.)
Savannah

Postby skyhawkecks » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:34 pm

Savannah wrote:
skyhawkecks wrote:I was supposed to be awarded a ticket, but apparently my debit card wouldn't allow the transaction to go through, even though I have way more than enough to cover the charge.

Hi skyhawkecks. If it were a matter of simply not being selected, your registration would roll over automatically into the main sale. The re-registration is specific to card declines--the idea being that if there is something wrong with the card number, expiration date, the bank, etc, you might be able to fix it before registering again.

(If your card was simply rolled over into the main sale without examination, whatever went wrong the first time is more likely happen again.)

Ah, thanks for the clarification! The e-mail I received stated I have until 6 PM to e-mail the Org about researching if there was a bank processing or data entry error. Should I assume that the ticket was already awarded to someone else?
skyhawkecks

Postby Savannah » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:42 pm

I would not assume that it was. Go ahead and email the Org as directed. It probably won't take very long, you have little to lose (and perhaps something nice to gain).

Fingers crossed for you.
Savannah

Postby jkisha » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:35 pm

Savannah wrote:I would not assume that it was. Go ahead and email the Org as directed. It probably won't take very long, you have little to lose (and perhaps something nice to gain).

Fingers crossed for you.

Yes, but call your bank first just to find out why it was declined. This will, IMHO, be important to know when talking to the ticket people, especially if it was a bank error.
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

PreviousNext

Return to 2012 Tickets Discussion