Which Tier are you gonna pick for the lottery?

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

Nothing in the FAQ states you are stuck in one tier

Postby Weinstain » Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:33 pm

Its not explicit, and I wonder if that is not a strategy to sell as many tickets as possible at $390. Because no one is going to miss out because of a $150 difference, not with all the money invested in all the other necessary things to be at this event. I mean, if there are more $390'ers than there are $240'rs, why not sell the $240 tickets to the $390'rs either at the time or in the post-main sail which is ALL $390's?

Given all that Burning Man entails, most people will opt for the $390 if it means getting in, without realizing that the lottery only happens WITHIN tiers.

Hmmmm.....

This tier business is something else, and even if inadvertent, a very clever marketing scheme.
weinstain
Weinstain

Re: Which Tier are you gonna pick for the lottery?

Postby trilobyte » Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:44 pm

What a foolish and dumb idea. I mean, if I had the opportunity to define the program and I really wanted to get in the extra revenue I'd just have fewer low tier tickets and more high tier tickets. Seems much easier and less risky than committing fraud (and then likely trying to cover it up by cooking the books).
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Re: Nothing in the FAQ states you are stuck in one tier

Postby theCryptofishist » Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:20 pm

Indeed, trilo. And filled with wacky assumptions like
Weinstain wrote: Because no one is going to miss out because of a $150 difference.....
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Weinstain » Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:38 pm

You can insult all you like, but you still have not provided evidence (and whereof, which as a ticket purchaser I desire) that what I say is not true.

You have not told me why what I say is either "wacky" and/or "assuming".

i would wish you could prove to me I am wrong, particularly given the investment, especially in these times, Burning Man attendance requires.

We all burn to go to Burning Man. Hence, the questions.
weinstain
Weinstain

Postby theCryptofishist » Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:40 pm

You can dig through these threads finding the people saying what their top limit is.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby trilobyte » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:09 pm

It's going to require some faith on your part, Weinstein. You've got to have faith that the BMOrg has not in the past or is in this year's event committing felony level fraud with regard to lying about the number of tickets in any given pricing tier. For previous years, you could review the AfterBurn reports and, if you think there's probable cause or some evidence of foul play (either in number of tickets sold at a particular tier or the Org's accounting practices), you could advise the authorities.

If you don't find any evidence of wrongdoing, but you just don't care for or feel comfortable with the way the BMOrg runs their event, then you don't need to participate in it.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Previous

Return to 2012 Tickets Discussion