Burning Man has permanently altered my dream landscape

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.

Burning Man has permanently altered my dream landscape

Postby vargaso » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:09 pm

That sounds very new agey, but I mean it literally. Since first going in 2007, my dreams are peppered with Burning Man artifacts, be it full-blown dreams about the playa, or little playa details when dreaming about other things. I'm sure others have had that experience, just hadn't seen it discussed anywhere. Anyone?
vargaso

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Suburbanoya

Re: Burning Man has permanently altered my dream landscape

Postby lucky420 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:52 pm

I have the random BM dream or nightmare. I wish I had more of them. I also have a really hard time remebering my dreams most times... :?
Oh my god, it's HUGE!
lucky420

Burning Since: I'm not sure
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Postby lemur » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:40 pm

i dream that i am larry harvey and i decide that I want the man to burn on monday after the gates open at around 2pm when its really hot out.
Don't link to anything here!
lemur

Camp Name: Plug N Play Camp

Postby DaveyJones » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:11 pm

as a virgin burner in 2011, I have obession issues. dreams, but also daydreams. lot of them. all the time.

it has abated only slightly in 4 months, but I have tickets to think about, art to produce, mixes to burn to disk.......

hard not to think about it, and so many things keep reminding me.

oh well, at least all the thoughts and dreams are pleasant.
DaveyJones

Burning Since: 2011

Postby RedHeaven » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:36 pm

Your thread title is exactly the first thing I recognized that Burning Man did to me when I got home from my first in 05.
Forever dream damaged so beautifullly!

Right now I am going through a ghetto playa dream phase though, where it mingles with default.

Anybody elses BMan flavored dreams have some real wild west shit in it?

I have bad dreams that its just a racetrack out in the boons somewhere. Those are the only obnoxious ones.
RedHeaven

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Cirque Du Cliche 4:30 and Dandelion Wine

Postby trilobyte » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:21 pm

It's becoming impossible to distinguish dreams from reality. I've dreamt that:

My friends and I sailed across the desert in a giant space pirate ship, traveling from one amazing nightclub to another all night long. Then we sailed off into the horizon to meet the sun, and eventually went back to camp where someone made us chocolate chip pancakes.

I ran into $teven Ra$pa at the fabric store. After exchanging hello's, we talked about different projects that each sounded impossibly amazing.

I helped put on a good-sized party a short distance from the temple, and some of my favorite artists showed up to play. The most amazing art cars paraded by all through the night. Every time I gave the slightest thought to being hungry or thirsty, someone was there to offer up the perfect food or drink. When the sun rose, someone brought a small kitchen out from their camp and made everyone pancakes.

I saw this giant shiny metal rocketship on the waterfront. It looked something like a children's toy or something out of a 1950's science fiction movie, but had to be at least 30 feet tall.

One of my campmates had a crazy idea of making pizza on the playa. Not only did she want pizza on the playa, but the kind you'd get from her favorite pizza places. She'd never worked in a restaurant or the food service industry before, but through sheer force of will she figured out what to do and how to get a 450 pound brick pizza oven to the playa and serve over 100 pizzas to friends, neighbors, and random hungry strangers. She even managed to get pizza boxes, and one of those insulation bags that delivery drivers use so when she wanted to deliver pizza to art cars on the open playa, they'd still be hot.

I saw Larry wearing a very regal looking cape, like he was some sort of king. No crown though, just his trademark hat. He looked quite posh.

There was this giant flower… and a big pink ferris wheel… and a crazy steampunk octopus… and a dalek… and a trojan horse… it just goes on. :)

[edited to add: all those things were real]
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby AntiM » Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:42 am

I dreamt of a Burning Man in a souk last night, and our stall was half empty and no one had seen MyLarry for two days, and the boys behind us were packing to leave on Wednesday. I was determined to go look at art, so I got my pack, and had to help newbs, then went back to camp for my hat, and still had to help newbs, then got my stockings on, but the newbs still didn't know how to set up their sleeping areas.

Some years are like that.

The souk dream is common with me, or an indoor maze where all the theme camps shade areas make the event enclosed.

I've had a dream where there was a deserted saloon set up as an art project, that was the dream where the dust was red, and the Man was a giant archer on the horizon in blue neon.
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby skyhawkecks » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:07 pm

I think my best Burning Man related dream was set in a huge lake. Where basically everything was floating and you had to use boats to get to various areas.
skyhawkecks

Burning Since: 2011

Postby Savannah » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:21 pm

AntiM wrote:I've had a dream where there was a deserted saloon set up as an art project, that was the dream where the dust was red, and the Man was a giant archer on the horizon in blue neon.

I'm jealous of that dream. It sounds gorgeous.
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby moonrise » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:57 pm

Yes, it's changed my dreams. I might recall my dreams and the changes better if I wrote them down.

@Trilobyte, great burn stories.....true dreams.

I can only recall bits and pieces of colorful, vidid burning man related things like the art, scientific stuff, burners, burners in action, including being stuck in line coming or going to the event, flying (I did that at the burn for real too,wow!) burning things, all sorts of zany Mutant Vehicles, and then there's the theme camps...things get eerie and are usually late night situations...and the deeper I delve in to a big busy theme camp late at night, the stranger it gets...push my boundries strange :wink:

I recall part of one dream from last month. I think the dream took place in an art project or a theme camp, there were light green marshmallow walls with BIG rice chex like cereal squares, looked like a quilt pattern and I could stick my arm through the green stuff, I was floating and kept testing the walls, never did take a bite though, hmmm....maybe in my next dream I'll get to taste whatever that green stuff is! If I can pick that dream back up, ya never know....!! :shock:
I'm the MAN in a truck, burner who is stuck, you're in luck! I'll whip out my BIG tow chain and not charge you, not even one lousy buck!
moonrise

Postby Ugly Dougly » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:24 am

Last night I had the first playa dream in a long time.
I was with Ygmir and a couple of ladies whom I have yet to meet.
There was a road, and along one side were stores and houses, the usual suburban landscape. On the other side, as usual, was Black Rock City in full swing.
We stopped our vehicle at a "Gatorade Booth" and I joked that I was surprised to have some Gatorade to drink there.
Of course it didn't make much sense at all, but at least it made more sense than TTITD itself. :D
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Return to Experiences at Burning Man