Won the lotto but they got your shipping option wrong?

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

Won the lotto but they got your shipping option wrong?

Postby BettySaidWot » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:32 am

Please post if you "won" in the Pre-Sale but
- you picked a shipping option other than WILL CALL and your tickets are WILL CALL
- you ordered a certain number of tickets but were awarded fewer (or more)
- something else funky about your registeration and "win"
BettySaidWot

Re: Won the lotto but they got your shipping option wrong?

Postby lilsherbear » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:37 am

I received an email that I have the tickets but they have my last name completely wrong... and am worried it will not go through my bank with a wrong last name... there is no phone number and I left a message on the phone on the main page but still no reply what can I do... email says it is a no reply email.
Thanks Sherry
lilsherbear

Postby junglesmacks » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:39 am

lilsherbear wrote:I received an email that I have the tickets but they have my last name completely wrong... and am worried it will not go through my bank with a wrong last name... there is no phone number and I left a message on the phone on the main page but still no reply what can I do... email says it is a no reply email.
Thanks Sherry

email partiserv (at) burningman.com with your issue.
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
junglesmacks

Camp Name: Your mom's tent

Postby BettySaidWot » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:45 pm

Status on my tickets that are mistakenly WILL CALL (when I requested that they be mailed to me):

I have left a support request here:
http://tickets2.burningman.com/support. ... up_top=440

It has been almost a full business day, so I have also called inTicketing
1-866-55-Tickets
Where I was asked to leave a message.
BettySaidWot

Postby trilobyte » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:10 pm

There was pretty extensive testing of the system done beforehand, the process doesn't involve any manual data entry, it just passes along what had been selected/entered on the registration form.

Reading carefully through the information in your confirmation email, you should see a section titled "READ THIS INFORMATION" directly below the certificate image, it starts with "FOR ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS…" That's the place to read particularly carefully. Changing the ship method is easily done online - it may not be processed asap, but don't worry there's plenty of time left before orders are mailed out. As for the misspelled name on an order, you'd want to reach out to Participant Services via email, providing the name, email address, and confirmation number of your order.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby lemur » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:45 pm

OMG THERES ONLY 6 MONTHS TO FIX THIS!!!
Don't link to anything here!
lemur

Camp Name: Plug N Play Camp

Postby BettySaidWot » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:30 am

Thanks, I've done all my careful reading.

In fact I cannot fix my issue online. At least, the ticket owner (me) cannot self-serve this change request.

To change WILL CALL to shipped tickets I can do only these things:

Call InTicketing and/or fill out a form for a support request.

I didn't pick WILL CALL...
BettySaidWot

Postby trilobyte » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:56 am

When you get to the web page, on the drop-down menu, under Shipping Support, the first item is "Change an Order From Will Call To USPS Secure Shipping."
trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby BettySaidWot » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:22 am

Documenting my status. It's been several business days since I registered for service with InTicketing. No one has contacted me.
BettySaidWot

Postby remi » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:34 am

BettySaidWot wrote:Documenting my status. It's been several business days since I registered for service with InTicketing. No one has contacted me.

Same boat.
Can you at least admit that nuclear explosions are awesome!?
remi

Postby BettySaidWot » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:03 am

Have left second message with InTicketing and again was asked by their phone system to leave a message and "someone will get back to me within one business day".
BettySaidWot

Postby trilobyte » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:53 am

All I can do is encourage patience. Yes, during typical transactions a response within one business day is typical, but right now all hands are understandably focusing on processing the drawing. There are still 6 full months before tickets go out.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby BettySaidWot » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:13 pm

InTicketing called me back about an hour after leaving my second message. After a brief discussion the customer service rep said she cannot mail me my tickets. I said, I understand you cannot mail them NOW, I only want the delivery method changed from WILL CALL to "mail them to me". There was some confusion around this. After we clarified that I was told that I don't need to call back again, that the issue will be resolved and the tickets will be mailed to me. I liked hearing that but I'm skeptical that my issue has been resolved. I wasn't confident since she didn't seem prepared to service customers who want to change their delivery method. I will sit on this for a couple of months and call back closer to June when tickets are shipping.
BettySaidWot

Postby kiel-len » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:19 pm

My email also said the delivery method is Will Call. I was getting my ticket delivered to Canada. The drop down menu in the assistance page only allows Will Call to be changed to USPS but I live in Canada. On top of all of it my name isn't the one on the Will Call because I had used a friends visa. I am skeptical weather I should change the name, bring a photocopy of his ID to the gate or call to get the ticket shipped to Canada. I'm not sure if I should even trust the email maybe it is coming in the mail since the visa got charged for the delivery.
Believe me, everything is clear, ordered, simple, and natural. Minerals breathe, vegetables eat, animals emote, man crystallizes.
kiel-len

Postby trilobyte » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:32 pm

You need to have your friend (since you're not the purchaser) submit a ticket or reach out to Participant Services to confirm that the ship method will be the way you want. Don't worry, there's plenty of time for him/her to do that.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby BettySaidWot » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:20 am

What's 'Participant Services'?
Is this just the links to ask for service in your ticket confirmation email?
Thanks.
BettySaidWot

Postby trilobyte » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:34 am

Participant Services - partiserv(at)burningman(dot)com - is the BMOrg department/team that handles ticketing-related requests. Think 'guest services' but for Burning Man participants. :)
trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby BettySaidWot » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:07 pm

I'm still backing-and-forthing with InTicketing about this matter. I've been promised calls and emails returned within 1 business day (or by a certain date) but this hasn't been the case so far. I'm still waiting to get a call back, meanwhile, I call and leave a message every day.

In addition to the first phone call when I spoke to an InTicketing human and what I was asking for wasn't possible (they weren't ready on their end to change shipping options), I have since been contacted twice by email. First, I received an email on Dec 23 that said 'We are working on a solution to [switch your shipping option]'. I then received an email on Dec 29th that said "To add shipping to your order for an additional fee, please call us at 1-866-55-TICKETS. We are here and able to assist you from 9am to 5pm PST Monday through Friday." I've been calling every business day since then.

Furthermore I think I already paid for shipping... I ordered 2 tickets @ $420 each, so $840 total. But my cc was charged $865 on Dec 14th. Isn't the extra $25 shipping?

Baffled.
BettySaidWot

Postby trilobyte » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:04 pm

You'd probably want to take that up with Participant Services. That's an entirely different thing than the ePlaya message board.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby jkisha » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:39 pm

trilobyte wrote:You'd probably want to take that up with Participant Services. That's an entirely different thing than the ePlaya message board.

Isn't that number she is calling, seemingly in vain, participant services???
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby Savannah » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:57 pm

1-866-55-TICKETS is InTicketing

whereas

partiserv(at)burningman(dot)com is Burning Man.

This "Contact Us" form is also Burning Man:
http://tickets2.burningman.com/contact.php

I used that link once to change my order from Will Call to Ship after buying tickets.
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby jkisha » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:32 pm

Savannah wrote:1-866-55-TICKETS is InTicketing

whereas

partiserv(at)burningman(dot)com is Burning Man.

This "Contact Us" form is also Burning Man:
http://tickets2.burningman.com/contact.php

I used that link once to change my order from Will Call to Ship after buying tickets.

Well then my followup question has to be: Why is that number even listed anywhere on anything that has to do with buying tickets if it isn't to be used for anything regarding customer support???
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby trilobyte » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:47 pm

They do provide customer support through that number, and have helped the majority of people out. But in this case it sounds like they've had trouble connecting via phone call, so escalating through Participant Services seems like the best recommendation.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby trilobyte » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:51 pm

As for the fees, Betty, check this thread.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby BettySaidWot » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:17 pm

Thanks for the fee info!

Still calling InTicketing, still not getting any response. I have tried everything to get this request serviced: calling InTicketing, emailing partiserv and also using this form [http://tickets2.burningman.com/support.php?ref=yourhelpref#]. The only responses I'm getting are acknowledgements that my message was received and then an instruction to please call InTicketing to make the change! Very rarely does the phone get answered at InTicketing. And their promise to return a call in 24 hours is false in my experience.

If anyone has had their shipping option changed for 2012 tickets, how in the hell did you accomplish this? :D

Happy Friday!
BettySaidWot

Postby BettySaidWot » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:45 pm

It would just be nice to get it resolved before the main ticket sales happen. I imagine with the pre-sale there aren't too many problems to fix, but that with the main sale, due to larger sales volumes, there will be many, many more service requests to deal with. Some folks have said, don't worry you have lots of time to fix this. I just want to fix it sooner rather than later. This is my downtime and I have the time to deal with it. I am just surprised at how long this is taking. I would expect a couple of days, not... weeks?!

It is my perference not to wait until the last minute.
BettySaidWot

Postby BettySaidWot » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:05 pm

All is good, all is well. The issue is RESOLVED. I think the best place to get a response was when I left messages here every couple of days:

http://tickets2.burningman.com/support.php?ref=yourhelpref#.

After my last message to that place I had a call back within about 20 minutes.

They are fully set up to change shipping options now.

Good times.
BettySaidWot

Postby BettySaidWot » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:40 am

I received an email on Friday July 20, 2012 that my tickets shipped. You can imagine that as June rolled by and I was like, hey, shouldn't I have my tickets by now, so I worriedly thought they were still going to Will Call. Anyway, apparently not. It's been a long, strange journey "winning" the pre-Christmas lottery, paying $420 each for 2 tickets, having to fix the Will Call thing, and then waiting long past the "due date" time for tickets to be shipped to even know that the tickets were shipped. One of us is leaving in a few weeks to do an early-on art build. Hopefully she will have her ticket in hand and I won't have to FedEx it to The Sands in Reno :D
BettySaidWot

Postby zandonna » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:30 am

I won a 1st tier ticket at the beginning, ordered secure shipping, changed my shipping address in March and checked it a couple times to make sure they had it right, and still haven't gotten a shipping email. I checked again yesterday and got a message that said my ticket will be available at will call.... How can this be when I was awarded a ticket at the beginning and ordered secure shipping? I changed my address in plenty of time also... Due to circumstances out of my control I can't use the ticket this year and am passing it on to Scott London (long time Burning Man photographer) and need the ticket to send to him in time... I have sent messages to customer support on the ticket site to address this issue, or to change the ticket to Scott London's name at will call, but have gotten no response as yet. I"m worried Scott won't get the ticket in time... Help!!!!!
zandonna

Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Wake Up Buzz On Camp

Return to 2012 Tickets Discussion