Denied a pre-sale ticket??

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

Denied a pre-sale ticket??

Postby junglesmacks » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:29 pm

Much more important IMHO than hearing who got a ticket, I would LOVE to hear from anyone that DID NOT get a ticket or knows of somebody that was. This could help us gauge the level of interest/rush for the main sale.

So.. were you turned down in the random selection process for xmas pre-sale tickets? Do you know of anybody that was? Report please!
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
junglesmacks

Camp Name: Your mom's tent

Re: Denied a pre-sale ticket??

Postby jkisha » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:55 pm

OH that's so negative!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby junglesmacks » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:05 pm

jkisha wrote:OH that's so negative!

Huh?
junglesmacks

Postby remi » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:07 pm

I have a couple friends right now that haven't got the magical email.. but it's not the 19th yet. So far, my crew put in for 5 (2 sets of 2 and one single,) and the person that ordered the single hasn't heard anything yet. I'll keep you posted.
Can you at least admit that nuclear explosions are awesome!?
remi

Postby trilobyte » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:08 pm

Those emails will go out on the 19th.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby renolaw » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:09 pm

Given all the hoopla over the new lottery, let's send a message to 'the man' that we're not going to take it-- excessive consumerism is against playa ideals, so why not "Occupy Black Rock City?" Stage a massive sit-in on the access road demanding our rights! Corporate greed rules BMORG. Power to the people! Let the BM elites know we 99% are fed up!

that will show 'em...
renolaw

Postby Savannah » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:12 pm

You've posted that before. No cross-posting, please.
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby trilobyte » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:13 pm

As always, you are free to vote with your wallet. Don't like the new system, don't go. If enough people feel the same as you and take a similar action, the sales figures will show it and send your message loud and clear.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby EspressoDude » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:17 pm

renolaw wrote:Given all the hoopla over the new lottery, let's send a message to 'the man' that we're not going to take it-- excessive consumerism is against playa ideals, so why not "Occupy Black Rock City?" Stage a massive sit-in on the access road demanding our rights! Corporate greed rules BMORG. Power to the people! Let the BM elites know we 99% are fed up!

that will show 'em...

vote by not buying a ticket, staying away from the event, and not plugging up the system of LEO's
Is 4 shots enuff? no foo-foo drinks; just naked Espresso
Tactical Espresso Service http://home.comcast.net/~espressocamp/
Field Artillery Tractor
FOGBANK, GOD OF HELLFIRE
BLACK ROCK f/x Trojan Horse,Anubis,2014Temple
burn shit and blow shit up
EspressoDude

Postby remi » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:17 pm

I like the new system. I applied for 2 out of 3000 tickets and got them. Next round, there are around 40,000 tickets.. I feel pretty confident that anyone who registers will get one.. unless they have terrible karma.. then you shouldn't have beaten up that hooker last month.
remi

Postby Dr. Pyro » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:51 pm

My bet is everybody who asked for a pre-sale ticket will be awarded one. There's just too much money in it for Larry & Co. not to milk every last penny out of their cash cow. 3000? If it were 7000 would any of us know the difference? I thought not.
Dr. Pyro

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Postby remi » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:03 pm

Well.. we're 5 for 5 in Calgary.
remi

Postby shykat » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:50 pm

Dr. Pyro wrote:My bet is everybody who asked for a pre-sale ticket will be awarded one. There's just too much money in it for Larry & Co. not to milk every last penny out of their cash cow. 3000? If it were 7000 would any of us know the difference? I thought not.

Wonder how many applied for xmas tix and if the above qoute is on track how it would affect the other draws.
I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to ...Jimi Hendrix
shykat

Postby nemos » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:53 pm

Well this is messed up.

My Captain has always heard about my Trips to burning man. So him and his Wife decided to go this year. Once in a life time trip for them- Sort a thing. They were confirmed to the trip and applied for 2 of the early 3000 tickets. With the tickets shipped to their home.

They just got the E-mail telling them that they Have received only ONE Ticket And this ONE Ticket will be held for them at Will Call ! Laaame...

But now what do they Do? Was that their once chance and now they have to tray again ? Or if they try again will they end up getting 3 tickets because the left over application from the first round dose get worked through ?

We all had rather poor hopes for this new system and this seems to be one let down so far.
nemos

Postby Rice » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:53 pm

shykat wrote:
Dr. Pyro wrote:My bet is everybody who asked for a pre-sale ticket will be awarded one. There's just too much money in it for Larry & Co. not to milk every last penny out of their cash cow. 3000? If it were 7000 would any of us know the difference? I thought not.

Wonder how many applied for xmas tix and if the above qoute is on track how it would affect the other draws.

It is unlikely that the BM LLC will publish that information.

There is nothing wrong with speculation and rumors ;) Please feel free to make stuff up...
Love Rice

Roach: "I feel like in this day and age, every girl should know how to build a flamethrower."
Rice

Postby trilobyte » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:05 pm

Statistics about number of registrations will not be published (though I believe some information about ticket sales is eventually published as part of the afterburn report). I also don't believe the BMOrg will go nuts and sell thousands more pre-sale tickets than are allotted. I believe it's above board and pretty much by the books. If they wanted to sell more at a higher price, they'd have simply defined this year's ticket plan that way. Cooking the books (and the afterburn report that comes out post-event) seems like an awfully risky and awfully tedious way to milk it.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby VultureChow » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:08 pm

nemos wrote:Well this is messed up.

My Captain has always heard about my Trips to burning man. So him and his Wife decided to go this year. Once in a life time trip for them- Sort a thing. They were confirmed to the trip and applied for 2 of the early 3000 tickets. With the tickets shipped to their home.

They just got the E-mail telling them that they Have received only ONE Ticket And this ONE Ticket will be held for them at Will Call ! Laaame...

But now what do they Do? Was that their once chance and now they have to tray again ? Or if they try again will they end up getting 3 tickets because the left over application from the first round dose get worked through ?

We all had rather poor hopes for this new system and this seems to be one let down so far.

On the will call issue, it says you can change the shipping options by going online and using your confirmation number to change the options. Furthermore, there appears to be new contact/help options here: http://tickets2.burningman.com/contact.php

Don't recall seeing that before.
Send lawyers, guns and money - The shit has hit the fan.
VultureChow

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Cougar Camp @ Barbie Death Village

Postby jkisha » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:14 pm

I'm with you on that one.
JK
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Postby VultureChow » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:16 pm

jkisha wrote:

I'm with you on that one.

I was thinking that the 3,000 number wasn't reached since the emails came much sooner than their December 18th deadline.
VultureChow

Postby jkisha » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:18 pm

Something doesn't sound right here. I was under the impression that if you put in for four and your number was drawn, you got four; i.e. if your name was picked you got the exact number you put in for. Will be interesting to see what trillo's response to this is. Though my bet would be that your Captain probably made a mistake on his order form.
JK
jkisha

Postby Katiebaby25 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:22 pm

remi wrote:Well.. we're 5 for 5 in Calgary.

YEAH Calgary!!!
*Sgnoflake*
Space Gnomes <;)
Katiebaby25

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Space Gnomes

Postby trilobyte » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:26 pm

@nemos - your captain should read the "READ THIS INFORMATION" section in the email that was sent (immediately below the certificate). It starts with the words "FOR ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS…" and contains a link to click. They should reach out to Participant Services regarding problems with their order (and those sound like problems). Hopefully it's able to be resolved soon.

@VultureChow - the info stated 'on or before December 19'. The process of sending out emails to those awarded tickets is automated, and happens when the tickets are awarded and the card is charged. The drawing was always intended to start sooner if possible (once the lists had been de-duped and scrubbed for known scalpers/scammers).

@jkisha - it is was supposed to work that way. I'm checking on it myself, but nemos' captain (the one that registered) needs to contact Participant Services to get that cleared up. If he read the registration form as carefully as he read the confirmation email, it's possible that the request was only for one ticket. Hopefully they get it resolved soon.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby VultureChow » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:30 pm

trilobyte wrote:
@VultureChow - the info stated 'on or before December 19'. The process of sending out emails to those awarded tickets is automated, and happens when the tickets are awarded and the card is charged. The drawing was always intended to start sooner if possible (once the lists had been de-duped and scrubbed for known scalpers/scammers).

I figured they'd get going as soon as possible which is why I thought maybe they didn't need much scrubbing or they didn't actually need to run the lottery. If the total number was under 3000, then everyone get theirs. It's funny, I've been checking my Amex online to see if anything posted every day since the registration ended. The one afternoon I don't is when it happens.

/okay, so I'm a little obsessive
VultureChow

Postby dustyrea » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:38 pm

Hello I think I got one or they tried to take the money from my account today but stupid me didnt transfer money over thinking it wasnt until the 19th, does anyone know if I can register again Im looking on the questions page but cant seem to find it..
dustyrea

Postby junglesmacks » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:43 pm

dustyrea wrote:Hello I think I got one or they tried to take the money from my account today but stupid me didnt transfer money over thinking it wasnt until the 19th, does anyone know if I can register again Im looking on the questions page but cant seem to find it..

Nope. One shot. Now you must wait until general registration..

You could always try emailing them and seeing what they say, but your chances are slim. Good luck.
junglesmacks

Postby trilobyte » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:45 pm

@VultureChow - Since this is a new process, it was prudent to allow plenty of time to make sure things went as smoothly as possible. That, and the pre-sale is not generally a very large number of people (certainly not compared to the main sale). But the tickets being awarded are being done so through the random selection process.

@dustyrea - good question, I'll check on that and get back to you.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby VultureChow » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:48 pm

trilobyte wrote:@VultureChow - Since this is a new process, it was prudent to allow plenty of time to make sure things went as smoothly as possible. That, and the pre-sale is not generally a very large number of people (certainly not compared to the main sale). But the tickets being awarded are being done so through the random selection process.

@dustyrea - good question, I'll check on that and get back to you.

No worries. Just speculation any way.
VultureChow

Postby BettySaidWot » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:27 am

I "won" the lottery, and have two tickets (at least, I have been charged for two) but my shipping statement says WILL CALL, which I did not pick. I have a service request into ticketing... I know know know I did not pick WILL CALL.
BettySaidWot

Postby trilobyte » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:33 pm

You may not have chosen it, but if you skimmed through the registration steps and did not choose a different ship method, the default choice is will-call. There is no manual entry of your info at any other point, your data goes into the database as entered. The order system then pulls that info, as it was entered. No worries though, changing the ship method once the order is in the system (as it sounds like you've already done) is fairly easy and there is plenty of time.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby oneeyeddick » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:08 pm

jkisha wrote:

Something doesn't sound right here. I was under the impression that if you put in for four and your number was drawn, you got four; i.e. if your name was picked you got the exact number you put in for. Will be interesting to see what trillo's response to this is. Though my bet would be that your Captain probably made a mistake on his order form.

I think maybe he might have gotten the last remaining ticket, thus only one not two?
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.
oneeyeddick

Burning Since: 1996

Next

Return to 2012 Tickets Discussion