SF: Fundraising For Artists Workshop 12/13/11

Get in touch with other Burners in your area.

SF: Fundraising For Artists Workshop 12/13/11

Postby trilobyte » Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:28 pm

Posted on the Burning Blog, if you're in the SF bay area there will be a workshop by burners and for burners (at Burning Man headquarters) to share skills and expertise in fundraising for your project. If you're not able to make it in person, you can participate online.

Read the post for more information, and don't forget to RSVP by the end of the day Monday if you'd like to attend. It's on Tuesday December 13th at 6PM.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Really??

Postby Lifeisshort » Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:51 am

"Fund Raising for Artist's workshop" on Burning Man website......... might be nice if the Artist had a Theme... talk about cutting into their creative time by not having a theme all ready....Just sayin
Lifeisshort

Re: Really??

Postby Rice » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:06 pm

Lifeisshort wrote:"Fund Raising for Artist's workshop" on Burning Man website......... might be nice if the Artist had a Theme... talk about cutting into their creative time by not having a theme all ready....Just sayin

The official theme rumour is "Fertility 2.0".

I wonder, if we really need someone to give us a theme?? Why not draw from all that is Earth, experience, time and just run with it? There is no rule that states "one must adhere to the dictated theme for Burning Man". There are NO rules...
Love Rice

Roach: "I feel like in this day and age, every girl should know how to build a flamethrower."
Rice

Burning Since: 2007

Postby theCryptofishist » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:56 pm

Besides which, it'll be just as useful (the information, that is) for 2013.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby tattoogoddess » Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:05 pm

Yeah I am kinda wondering why it has not been released to the public yet.
maladroit- Burning Man is like a second job, except you pay to work there.
Burning Man is just the pre party for exodus! - fellow burner during exodus
http://burnon.wix.com/bloodbathandbeyond
tattoogoddess

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: bloodbath and beyond

Postby Lifeisshort » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:39 am

I realize there is a large portion of the Art which has very little, if any, to do with the yearly theme. However, for those that do relate their Art to the yearly theme, they have lost almost 3 1/2 months worth of planning/working time. Therein lies the motivation for Borg to make certain a theme is developed and ready to announce as soon as possible. I personally believe it adds to the excitement for the upcoming year. Many people come off the Playa exuberant and long for the following Burn, what better motivator then to have a Theme available to turn inspiration into action. Anyone who is "all charged up" could immediately start getting the wheels in motion.

To all of my fellow Burners who love the Burn as much as I do....... Happy Holidays and here's hoping you all get a TICKET!
Lifeisshort

Re: SF: Fundraising For Artists Workshop 12/13/11

Postby trilobyte » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:48 am

Merging this with the thread on the subject of the artist's workshop.

As for the theme announcement, quit'cher whining! :mrgreen: Earlier theme announcements have only been happening for the last few years, and even when it wasn't announced until sometime in the new year it was a great burn. When everything's ready, it will be posted on the site and communicated via the JRS newsletter. In the meantime, the workshop is about 'the business' side (fundraising), and learning/sharing skills that have nothing to do with an art theme.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Return to Regionals & Events