The Spenard Bar 2012

Discuss and share theme camp plans, find a camp to join, or recruit new campmates here.

The Spenard Bar 2012

Postby AKDMAN » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:12 am

Team Alaska is proud to present the 2012 version of The Spenard Bar. This upcoming year at The Spenard Bar we aim to provide more than we did last year. Last year our patrons provided their own water, food, shelter, and trash removal. In 2012 our patrons will not only provide for themselves , but due to increased camp dues, the bar will provide potable water to the public!!! We have decided to hold our Spenardi Gras event every day of the week, excluding Monday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. That means come earn some beads while we fix you a drink that will most likely make you black out. Those who visited in 2011 know what I'm talking about.... Hurricanes. On top of that, at The Spenard Bar we serve everyone, id, no id, 21, 14, it doesn't matter, Alaskans don't give a fuck. We don't give a fuck to the point where The Spenard Bar is open to anyone who wants to camp next to sex, crazies, and sex crazies. We also provide whippings, torture, anal lube, and a preist to absolve you of your sins. This year is so big we plan to expand into a village. The village will include The Spenard Bar, Yellow Bike Ninjas, Burn to Redeem, Alaska Kamp, Cocapellis' Morning After Pill Camp, and anyone else, including all Alaskans who go to burningman, you, me, that dude who got arrested at our camp last year, and every other asshole in town. We would like to invite The Jim Jones kool-aid stand, Burners for Buttfuckers, and camp Stick it in My What!!! to the village, as we all agree you belong in Spenard.

ps we being me, and me being self proclaimed mayor of Alaska Kamp 2010, and self proclaimed mayor of The Spenard Village 2012
The Spenard Bar 2.0
We did this shit already, but fuck it, lets do it again
AKDMAN

Re: The Spenard Bar 2012

Postby Rice » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:49 pm

AKDMAN wrote:On top of that, at The Spenard Bar we serve everyone, id, no id, 21, 14, it doesn't matter, Alaskans don't give a fuck.

ps we being me, and me being self proclaimed mayor of Alaska Kamp 2010, and self proclaimed mayor of The Spenard Village 2012

Uh, you may not give a crap about the legal drinking age in Nevada, but I am sure you will start to care when LE wanders in. (Minimally a ticket or three, possibly arrest?? Not exactly sure of the consequences...)

Good luck with that.
Love Rice

Roach: "I feel like in this day and age, every girl should know how to build a flamethrower."
Rice

Burning Since: 2007

Postby lucky420 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:04 pm

Sounds like a fun place!!
Oh my god, it's HUGE!
lucky420

Burning Since: I'm not sure
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Postby tattoogoddess » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:38 pm

I sure do hope that was sarcasm about serving minors. As someone who is a bartender by trade this rubs me the wrong way. Im all about having fun, but this is one thing I will never endorse. I will not even buy booze for my 19 and 18 year old sister. It is not worth the risk if they get hurt (my sisters or kids on the Playa) not to mention it comes back on you.
maladroit- Burning Man is like a second job, except you pay to work there.
Burning Man is just the pre party for exodus! - fellow burner during exodus
http://burnon.wix.com/bloodbathandbeyond
tattoogoddess

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: bloodbath and beyond

Postby Dr. Pyro » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:24 pm

Danielle, the guy who founded the Spenard Bar gave it up. It's now just a rumor of playa parties past. I doubt seriously that it will actually be around if JR isn't there to do it. And one thing's for certain: It ain't going to be part of Barbie Death Village. We have enough trouble with our own knuckleheads.
Dr. Pyro

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Postby tattoogoddess » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:25 pm

Dr. Pyro wrote: one thing's for certain: It ain't going to be part of Barbie Death Village. We have enough trouble with our own knuckleheads.

Like me?

EVIL LAUGH HA HA HA HA :D
tattoogoddess

Postby ygmir » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:49 pm

tattoogoddess wrote:
Dr. Pyro wrote: one thing's for certain: It ain't going to be part of Barbie Death Village. We have enough trouble with our own knuckleheads.

Like me?

EVIL LAUGH HA HA HA HA :D

YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby AKDMAN » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:05 am

Dr. Pyro wrote:the guy who founded the Spenard Bar gave it up. It's now just a rumor of playa parties past. I doubt seriously that it will actually be around if JR isn't there to do it.

C'mon now Doc, your saying that because one guy leaves a camp the camp is doomed? The Spenard Bar is full of people, people that never knew akmojo, and some that never even met the man. And since it appears that the king of The Spenard Bar has dethroned himself, it is up to the Spenardians to run the show. Since Spenard found out it is leaderless, we have had our first camp meeting of the year, and it has been decided that there will be no camp dues and no expensive stuctures that take 48 hours to assemble. This year everyone that wants to, is allowed to join us in camping in our favorite neighborhood, Spenard. We will hold our annual event 7 days in a row this year, Spenardi Gras, Monday-Sunday. And if you thought all the dead animal carcasses were over the top last year, Fur Rondevous is gonna be knee deep in MukTuk and fur skins with the faces intact, come check it out. The Spenard Bar is brought to you by Spenardians, for everyone to enjoy.
The Spenard Bar 2.0
AKDMAN

Postby lemur » Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:22 am

tattoogoddess wrote:I sure do hope that was sarcasm about serving minors. As someone who is a bartender by trade this rubs me the wrong way.

As someone who is not a bartender i would say i couldnt care less if some 17 year old drinks at burning man from a bar.

i do care about my compatriots getting busted by the cops though.
Don't link to anything here!
lemur

Camp Name: Plug N Play Camp

Postby tattoogoddess » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:23 pm

lemur wrote:
tattoogoddess wrote:I sure do hope that was sarcasm about serving minors. As someone who is a bartender by trade this rubs me the wrong way.

As someone who is not a bartender i would say i couldnt care less if some 17 year old drinks at burning man from a bar.

i do care about my compatriots getting busted by the cops though.

Let me ask you this though. Say you did bartend and you served someone who was 17. Then they took someone's art car and drove 50 around the playa, ran some one over and they were seriously hurt? A. that will come back to you for serving a minor, B. What if that person or the driver was killed. wouldn't you feel bad for by passing the law?

There is a reason there is that law there. Kids can't handle booze and are not responsible when drunk. Don't get me wrong some adults are not as well. But they tend to think more about the consiquenses of doing stupid shit.
tattoogoddess

Postby lemur » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:48 pm

ive tended bar at a few camps at burning man.. i dont serve minors, wouldnt.. and wont serve anyone who even seems like a minor,.. and wont let my friends do it.

i dont care if under 21 people drink, personally... but i wouldnt knowingly serve one a drink at burning man from a public bar to protect myself... if i really cared about everyone elses safety so much I probably would say nobody should be served alcohol at burning man.... but that aint realistic.

i dont see an 18 year old who legally cannot drink in the USA as in /more/ danger than an 18 year old who is allowed to legally drink in many other nations..

we can all think of plenty of WHAT IF scenarios !!! ...... as for the one you concocted i wouldnt feel the least bit bad about it if some stupid kid did stupid shit while drunk on booze i either knowingly or unknowingly served them..

you can play the blame game all you want with this kind of thing, but really.. its nobodys fault but the person who stole a vehicle broke the speed limit and hurt someone, or themselves..

there IS a reason for the laws... but, i doubt THIS particular law is set the way it is for the reasons you apparently assume it is...

if drinking was meant to be at 21 for safety reasons, and that alone..., then i cant seem to understand why we allow people under 21 drive on public roads... or buy guns, or serve in the military.. or why we have over 10,000 road fatalities a year because of alcohol related accidents involving adults.
Don't link to anything here!
lemur

Camp Name: Plug N Play Camp

Postby AKDMAN » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:07 pm

Ahh yes, time to apply for placement once again. This year The Spenard Bar is doing buissness as The Spenard Village. After our last camp meeting we all agreed that Kokopellis Milf Camp, Basket Dome, and Burn To Redeem are all part of what we are and will be represented on playa. As for the posts earlier about serving minors.... cant everybody just take a joke? Everyone is invited to our bar and Village area to enjoy libations, but if your under 21 we will legally have to usher you to the milf camp for milk and cookies. You may wonder how we plan to expand our camp into a Village with tickets the way they are this year...... well the one guy who bought a ticket in the presale is driving in an 18 wheeler and everyone else is skydiving in, I advise everyone else to do the same, stay tuned for additions to the newest Village on the playa
The Spenard Bar 2.0
AKDMAN

Postby Shadouts » Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:04 pm

Spenard bar people are awesome. This is like some playa natural selection going on. It only makes sense that 2012 will be even better for the bar.
Shadouts

Postby Dr. Pyro » Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:03 pm

Yeah, I suspect there must be a reason they split and are on the other side of the playa from BDC&WB and that JR, the founder and architech of the camp, has decided to bale. Good luck you guys. You'll need sombody to hurd the cats. Trust me on this one.
Dr. Pyro

Postby moonrise » Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:43 am

After you drive the 18 wheeler in (full of booze and full face animal hides, I'm guessing?) will the rest of your campmates be sky diving in at night, ticketless?
I recall tickets are required for sky divers, but hmmm, maybe not at night under the cover of darkness, aye?

Alaska is knarly, I spent a hellatious summer there once. If I ever return it'll be on a cruise ship (or if on land, I'll want a tank with every type of weapon, so I can kill and blow up everything in my way) You can die in Alaska in a heartbeat, fuuuuuuuck.......(and I am tough)...what a fucking knarly place. You peeps are tough mofos.

Except Juno, that's the easy part of AK, the rest is costly and dollar for dollar doesn't even come close to a tropical vacation/place.

I know you are stuck inside alllll winter, then party 23 hours day in the constant sun come summetime, you're all either sick from winter partying or summer long long hours of sunlit partying. Everyone seems ill from over doing it up there. The playa must seem like a beach to you people, hahaha. I say lets take every drop of oil, resource everything, just gut the whole damned state, then split. You can have it (just fucking with ya, maybe).

Seriously, Alaksa is an interesting place, some incredible beauty words cannot describe, sorta like trying to describe Burning Man to a burgin. Yet, I'd choose the tropics anyday and of course the burn. I do not doubt one word you say, you will probably do whatever you damned well please, hmmm, or die trying. The Horrors... :shock:
I'm the MAN in a truck, burner who is stuck, you're in luck! I'll whip out my BIG tow chain and not charge you, not even one lousy buck!
moonrise

Postby AKDMAN » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:21 pm

Yes, it has come to our attention that for some reason all of a sudden you need a ticket to skydive into Burningman. We adapted and were all going to base jump off the mountains in squirell suits and glide over the perimeter, but at last we have received our placement confirmation and the subsequent alloted tickets that come with being a themecamp with history and good standing. Our members may still glide in and/or skydive in, but we now all have our tickets. So come join us for a drink, if you are underage we will be serving fresh milk from the tit in our seperate but equal Kokopellies Milf Bar, and if youare of age we will have good old liquor for your consumption at The Spenard Bar. We all wish JR well in whatever he decides to do with himself, and will be making a commemorative plaque in his likeness ( yes, a giant mustache plaque) to honor the founder and architect of The Spenard Bar. But since he has moved on and will not be deciding where we will camp, we will be back on the side on the playa that we once came from and will always love, the 3:00 village district. Somewhere in between Apoktaliptica and Barbie Death Village will be our new home, so close to our old home, and we look foward to seeing all the familiar faces.
The Spenard Bar 2.0
AKDMAN

Postby lucky420 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:29 am

Congrats on placement and Thank you for the invite.

You are now on my dance card :wink:
Oh my god, it's HUGE!
lucky420

Burning Since: I'm not sure
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Postby Dr. Pyro » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:32 am

AKDMAN wrote: We will be back on the side on the playa that we once came from and will always love, the 3:00 village district. Somewhere in between Apoktaliptica and Barbie Death Village will be our new home.

Oh great, there goes the neighborhood.
Dr. Pyro

Postby tattoogoddess » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:19 pm

Ha Ha Ha!! That kinda just made my night.
tattoogoddess

Postby Bluemandrew » Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:47 pm

AKDMAN wrote:Yes, it has come to our attention that for some reason all of a sudden you need a ticket to skydive into Burningman. We adapted and were all going to base jump off the mountains in squirell suits and glide over the perimeter, but at last we have received our placement confirmation and the subsequent alloted tickets that come with being a themecamp with history and good standing. Our members may still glide in and/or skydive in, but we now all have our tickets. So come join us for a drink, if you are underage we will be serving fresh milk from the tit in our seperate but equal Kokopellies Milf Bar, and if youare of age we will have good old liquor for your consumption at The Spenard Bar. We all wish JR well in whatever he decides to do with himself, and will be making a commemorative plaque in his likeness ( yes, a giant mustache plaque) to honor the founder and architect of The Spenard Bar. But since he has moved on and will not be deciding where we will camp, we will be back on the side on the playa that we once came from and will always love, the 3:00 village district. Somewhere in between Apoktaliptica and Barbie Death Village will be our new home, so close to our old home, and we look foward to seeing all the familiar faces.

Yay!
Bluemandrew

Postby SciurseAndruma » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:29 am

Hey guys!! I'm still working on the ticket situation, but that should be settled soon... At any rate my name is Cody Kniceley I'm from Nikiski Alaska and I plan to burn before I turn 30! I will be staying at Camp Cwality at the 2:30 area with a few fellow Alaskans including my guitar player! I'm a drummer and we have a band called Men With Guns.

I found this thread and was jazzed! I thought I would be the only person wearing a moose hide with the head still on at night! I plan on making the Spenard Bar a regular stop on my first party on the playa! Please tell me you'll have some Alaskan Amber there!! Better yet, some Skilak Scottish!
SciurseAndruma

Camp Name: Camp Cwality

Postby Taz » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:40 pm

Are you still going to have a stripper pole this year and will it be ready at the start of the week?
Taz

Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: Safer Sex

Postby Neko » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:56 am

So, guys, where can we find you on the Playa? 8)
I had great fun with you last year! :wink: :D
--
"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter." - Martin Luther-King -
Neko

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Kreme Burners

Return to 2012 Theme Camps