All done. Now hope for the best

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

Re: All done. Now hope for the best

Postby ygmir » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:28 pm

wh..sh wrote:I meant that as a compliment. As Shakespeare said “Men of few words are the best men.”

yeah
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby wh..sh » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:30 pm

ygmir wrote:
wh..sh wrote:I meant that as a compliment. As Shakespeare said “Men of few words are the best men.”

yeah

I get it, I get it... you are best too yggy!
In my world there's only legible and more legible.

-Bob
wh..sh

Postby BurningDaylight » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:53 pm

Ok. Now I wait. Let's hope I don't have to tend the camp myself.
Just up or still up?
BurningDaylight

Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Abstininthe

Postby jcliff » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:08 pm

I hate to sound defeatest, but here's the scenario I envision for myself given the luck I seem to always have. I submitted my presale registration today. There will be 3,001 registrations entered. You can imagine the rest.
jcliff

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Lamplighter Village

Postby Savannah » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:42 pm

I hope you make a happy post to make up for that, if you get picked. For you've already made the "I lost" post. :D
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:42 pm

How many plays? 37? and then there were sonnets...
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Postby ygmir » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:44 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:

you're statement presupposes Shakespeare was one person and wrote them all alone..............
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:49 pm

ygmir wrote:
theCryptofishist wrote:

you're statement presupposes Shakespeare was one person and wrote them all alone..............

True. Who knows what else they borrowed when they were grabbing plots...
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Postby ygmir » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:58 pm

or digging plots...........lets ask Yoric.........
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby gaminwench » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:59 am

in context,
'Shakespeare' had a Boy say, about a rogue, " He hath heard that men of few words are the best men " to explain the rogue's lack of coherent speech... (Henry V,III,ii)

It is unclear,
not only who authored these words,
but also whether or not the author(s) considered them 'truth'...

Personally, I prefer men(and women) who use words well...
(this includes and acknowledges all in present company)...
"I'm sorry, but just the thought of a non-controversial thread on ePlaya is controversial." jk
gaminwench

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: DOTA, EoD, OBOP

Postby engineer2012 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:47 am

lemur wrote:
remi wrote:
Is there a way to figure out how many people have registered? Will that number be posted? Can someone tell us how many have registered as of right now?

yes.

no

they can (but they wont)

One can do some math your self:
I am guessing that 20% of the participants will register for the pre-sale. Max. population of BRC2011 was about 54000 people. So 0.2 times 54000 = 10800 pre sale registrations. 3000 tickets available, so that would be a chance of 1 to 3.6 to get a pre-sale ticked. Something like that.
2012. I'll be home again in 2015
engineer2012

Burning Since: 2012

Postby junglesmacks » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:45 am

engineer2012 wrote:
lemur wrote:
remi wrote:
Is there a way to figure out how many people have registered? Will that number be posted? Can someone tell us how many have registered as of right now?

yes.

no

they can (but they wont)

One can do some math your self:
I am guessing that 20% of the participants will register for the pre-sale. Max. population of BRC2011 was about 54000 people. So 0.2 times 54000 = 10800 pre sale registrations. 3000 tickets available, so that would be a chance of 1 to 3.6 to get a pre-sale ticked. Something like that.

Nooooooo way. I would say that far, far less will be registering.. and that it borderline won't even sell out.
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
junglesmacks

Camp Name: Your mom's tent

Postby remi » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:19 am

junglesmacks wrote:Nooooooo way. I would say that far, far less will be registering.. and that it borderline won't even sell out.

You think the lotto scared off that many people? I know tonnes of people that are comming for their first year for 2012.
Can you at least admit that nuclear explosions are awesome!?
remi

Postby junglesmacks » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:25 am

remi wrote:
junglesmacks wrote:Nooooooo way. I would say that far, far less will be registering.. and that it borderline won't even sell out.

You think the lotto scared off that many people? I know tonnes of people that are comming for their first year for 2012.

Actually, I meant the xmas pre-sales.. not the event itself.

It's all speculation of course, but I would say that around.. hmmmm... 62k will be willing to go. They've already said that at least 56,500 tickets will be available (53k normal, 3500 low income) but that they are working to raise the number of low income. So, let's say.. 57k total. 5k without tickets? Of the 57k that did buy tickets, about 1k will back out and have to sell.. so that leaves about 4k without tickets.

Just a guess..
junglesmacks

Postby remi » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:36 am

junglesmacks wrote:
remi wrote:

Actually, I meant the xmas pre-sales.. not the event itself.

It's all speculation of course, but I would say that around.. hmmmm... 62k will be willing to go. They've already said that at least 56,500 tickets will be available (53k normal, 3500 low income) but that they are working to raise the number of low income. So, let's say.. 57k total. 5k without tickets? Of the 57k that did buy tickets, about 1k will back out and have to sell.. so that leaves about 4k without tickets.

Just a guess..

I would agree with those numbers, however, I can see the presale going either way. I figured with all the people working on art installations, their vehicles and theme camps, many of those people would want to secure a ticket as soon as possible. Then again, it's right before Christmas, and it is an expense that could wait a couple weeks.
remi

Postby junglesmacks » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:39 am

..and most people including myself are 99.9% sure that we can simply register for all tiers in the main selection and get a ticket, thereby avoiding the extra $$ for the xmas pre-sale tickets..
junglesmacks

Postby remi » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:54 am

junglesmacks wrote:..and most people including myself are 99.9% sure that we can simply register for all tiers in the main selection and get a ticket, thereby avoiding the extra $$ for the xmas pre-sale tickets..

Touché.. I just think it would be awesome to have one before Xmas... like an early Xmas gift to me, from me! For an extra 30$, that's peanuts in the grand scheme of things.
remi

Postby junglesmacks » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:31 am

remi wrote:
junglesmacks wrote:..and most people including myself are 99.9% sure that we can simply register for all tiers in the main selection and get a ticket, thereby avoiding the extra $$ for the xmas pre-sale tickets..

Touché.. I just think it would be awesome to have one before Xmas... like an early Xmas gift to me, from me! For an extra 30$, that's peanuts in the grand scheme of things.

You are absolutely correct on that one!

Truth be told, I'm betting that the main selection doesn't even go to much into the third tier. I would venture to say that well over half of attendees are still oblivious to the changes in ticketing system. There's 25k between the first and second tiers alone, so you're chances of getting a ticket at <=$320 are pretty good. If you're having to shuck out the $$ for you and a significant other, than that's $200 extra in your pocket which right now is a nice little bar tab to say the least..
junglesmacks

Postby Igneouss » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:14 am

Didn't sell out until fairly late in the cycle last year. Reality is that people that wanted tickets but did not get them was a small (but very vocal) percentage of total. I bet that the chances of getting an order filled in the primary lottery are pretty close to 100%. It's the trailing end of the show that gets loud and unhappy along with endless reasons why they couldn't or didn't participate in earlier buying opportunities. Radical self reliance off playa too, k?

Hopefully a large percentage of fails are frat boys and sparkle ponies.

Gotta admit that I am a bit troubled by the questions/form for registering. It seems to imply that we will now recognize some sort of hierarchy of seniority. More times you have been and the more involved you are, the more likely you get a ticket? Sounds like radical self entitlement.

Disclaimer: I'm in for 1 ticcy.

Wanna solve the problem?
Ban the big sound camps. Presto! 10,000 fewer sparkle ponies and frat boys.
Ban RVs. Presto. 5,000 fewer non-participants.
Limit theme camps to 25 people. Presto. Lots more cool smaller theme camps and probably 5,000 fewer people. Bigger is not better in this case.
Basic b/e analysis:
2005 $243K
06 $855K
07 $1.0M
08 $1.1M
09 $0
10 $1.1M
11 $1.2M
12 $1.2M
That’s $6.8M that thousands of volunteers deserve to know about. Capitalism is alive at BM. Tickets are the commodity. Others have estimated higher profits.
Igneouss

Postby junglesmacks » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:32 am

Igneouss wrote:Gotta admit that I am a bit troubled by the questions/form for registering. It seems to imply that we will now recognize some sort of hierarchy of seniority. More times you have been and the more involved you are, the more likely you get a ticket? Sounds like radical self entitlement.

It's just a survey and in no way affects your chance of getting a ticket..

..or does it?

Igneouss wrote:Wanna solve the problem?
Limit theme camps to 25 people. Presto. Lots more cool smaller theme camps and probably 5,000 fewer people. Bigger is not better in this case.

How about we ban the wanna-be-burnier-than-thou-bandwagon types? That would eliminate.. what.. at least one and counting..
junglesmacks

Postby remi » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:52 pm

Igneouss wrote:Wanna solve the problem?

Whatever happened to radical inclusion? Lets give me the 50,000 tickets and let me hand pick each person. FYI, Girls will have to pass a kissing test..
remi

Previous

Return to 2012 Tickets Discussion