Virgin Burner from STL

Get in touch with other Burners in your area.

Virgin Burner from STL

Postby imalilkitten » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:22 pm

I was planning on going to the 2011 burn but a series of unfortunate events pervented that from happening so Im going to try for this coming burn. I thought it would be fun to make some connections with burners or virgin burners in my area who are planning on going next year.

Would love to hear from you guys and maybe make some new friends before the man burns!!
Kitten :)

Re: Virgin Burner from STL

Postby Savannah » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:26 pm

Hey Kitten! :D
Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby Elderberry » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:46 pm

Hey there, welcome to eplaya!
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby ben-no » Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:38 am

Hello kitten!

I'm from STL and have live here my whole life. This year was my first year for BM. We do have a local burner group here . We have a meet and greet every Wed. Did you go to artica?

Postby Berberis » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:57 pm

We've got a pretty active burner community here. Like ben-no said, there are weekly meet-n-greets every Wednesday at the Handlebar (4127 Manchester), starting around 9ish. Attendance varies, but typically most of the people there at 10:00 are burners (later in the night, the bar fills up with other folks).

St. Louis folks organize a regional burn in mid-June ( Midwest Burners (mostly KC based people) throws a larger regional in Missouri in early May ( There are various mini-burns locally throughout the warmer months. There's not a whole lot going on in the winter, but we do have Santarchy on Dec 17, and a fundraiser in conjunction with the local hackerspace sometime in Jan/Feb.

Pandora's Lounge & Fix-it Shoppe is the main/only St. Louis based theme camp at Burning Man. If you're interested in camping with a theme camp, you might want to look it up (although not everybody going to BM from STL camps with Pandora's, nor are all the Pandorans from STL).

The Yahoo Group ( is the most "official" source of info on BM stuff locally, but seems to be gradually dying in favor of Facebook. Most of the stuff I've mentioned above (Gateway Burn, Gateway Burners, Interfuse, St. Louis Santarchy, Pandora's) has it's own Facebook page.

Hope to see you at a meet-n-greet or one of our upcoming events

Postby JesseGrrl2009 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:01 am

Hi Kitten, I live in Missouri too (also a burner virgin), a few hours away from St. Louis though :) I was just wondering if anyone on this forum was interested in ride sharing? Trying to figure out the logistics early so that I can make it this year <3 <3 <3
"Now go make art, eat, drink, learn, discuss, study, read, absorb art daily. You are an artist. The commercially make a living part comes later, if ever, but never doubt: you ARE an Artist." - AntiM

)'( 2013 )'(
Burning Since: 2013

Return to Regionals & Events