how does the "carry over" work?

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

how does the "carry over" work?

Postby Flame » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:12 am

If I register for pre-sale and don't get tickets, I understand that the registration is carried over to the main sale. However, the maximum allotment is different. How will this be rectified? For example, if I register fro 4 pre-sale tickets, and don't get any, does this get automatically dropped to 2 tickets (meaning I would need to have someone else register for the other 2 I need)?

In the event that I still don't get tickets in the main sale, is there any carry-over to the open sale? If there are less than 10,000 registered tickets left after the main sale, I don't see why these wouldn't just be processed in the open sale. But if there are more than 10,000, this obviously couldn't be done. Does that mean that these registrations will just be erased, and it will be mad dash first come first served for remaining tickets?
Flame

Re: how does the "carry over" work?

Postby trilobyte » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:54 pm

If you register for 4 tickets during the pre-sale but are not successful, then the registration carries forward into the main sale which does have a limit of two tickets. If you're successful in the main sale, you would get two tickets. You would then not be eligible to participate in the secondary sale in March.

From the Random Selection FAQ portion of the FAQ...
Q: If I purchase tickets through the Main Sale, can I still purchase tickets through the Open Sale or the Low Income program?
A: No, once you have purchased tickets you are ineligible to purchase tickets through the Open Sale or to apply for Low Income tickets.

In the extremely unlikely event you missed on all those opportunities, the registration information would continue to carry forward to the secondary sale, which has a limit of four tickets. More information regarding the secondary sale will be posted at a later date.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby VultureChow » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:07 pm

Hey trilo,

Will there be a method by which one can change credit card info or have more than one card after registration? I'm envisioning a problem where my card is lost or stolen and I need to replace it.
FREE THE STRIPPERS!
VultureChow

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Camp Hooker @ Barbie Death Village

Postby trilobyte » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:20 pm

Keep track of your card! :)

I don't believe there are provisions to make changes to registrations after you hit the submit button. If something does happen, you'd want to try and contact Participant Services at partiserv(at)burningman(dot)com with the specifics to see if something can be done.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby VultureChow » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:25 pm

trilobyte wrote:Keep track of your card! :)

I don't believe there are provisions to make changes to registrations after you hit the submit button. If something does happen, you'd want to try and contact Participant Services at partiserv(at)burningman(dot)com with the specifics to see if something can be done.

Thanks.

I think I'll use my mastercard and then put it away until it goes through. I hear freezing them in a block of ice is a good way to avoid using it on a whim. As long as it never leaves my freezer, I can't lose it.

Unless someone steals my freezer.
FREE THE STRIPPERS!
VultureChow

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Camp Hooker @ Barbie Death Village

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:38 pm

My bank just sent me a notice saying that they are going to add new fees starting Jan 16. Luckily I have another one...
I think I'll cancel this.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Return to 2012 Tickets Discussion