How will multiple-tier selections be handled?

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

How will multiple-tier selections be handled?

Postby joshuabardwell » Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:45 am

I didn't see the answer to this in JRS or the FAQ.

As I understand it, when I register for tickets, I indicate what tiers I am willing to pay. How will people who select multiple tiers be handled? If I say I'm willing to pay for tier 1-2, but not 3, then will I bet put into the tier 1 lottery first and roll over to tier 2 if I don't get tickets? The other way around? Something else entirely?

The former way doesn't seem to make sense, since people who are willing to pay for tier 2 might get awarded tickets in tier 1 and then shut out people who could only pay for tier 1. Having people roll over from higher tier lotteries into lower tier lotteries seems weird too, since it means that people who offered to pay for a e.g. a tier 3 ticket are taking spots in the lottery for people who could only pay for a tier 1 or 2 ticket.

I wonder whether the right thing to do would be to take anyone who said they could pay for tier 3 and have their lottery. Any left-overs get set aside. Take anyone who said they could pay for tier 2 but not tier 3 and have their lottery. Any left-overs get set aside. Anyone who said they could only pay for tier 1 and have their lottery. Any left-overs get set aside.

I dunno. I'd be interested to hear how BMorg has decided to handle this.
joshuabardwell

Return to 2012 Tickets Discussion