Move to Ticket Forum when it Exists

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

Re: Move to Ticket Forum when it Exists

Postby AntiM » Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:02 pm

ygmir wrote:gulf of Mexico, or California?

Persian.
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby trilobyte » Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:54 pm

unjonharley wrote:How are the left over bidders going to know they are out there?
What would be there next step??
How long are the credit card going to be hanging for hackers pot of gold??

What happens if a level dose not sell out?? Like not enough bids come in at that level..It would piss me off no end if these tickets are sold first come..

Very good questions, and I'd be pissed if that happens too, unjon. I'm hoping that the full details and FAQ are posted soon.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby unjonharley » Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:04 pm

trilobyte wrote:

I'm hoping that the full details and FAQ are posted soon.

That should be enough broad band to crash any net page..
unjonharley

Postby junglesmacks » Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:39 pm

AntiM wrote:
oneeyeddick wrote:Tickets to Hawaii require no lottery for the same time frame next year.

I'm going to Hawaii in January.

Um. So am I. Should we occupy Oahu? I'm down..

No, I really am..
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
junglesmacks

Camp Name: Your mom's tent

Postby AntiM » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:53 am

junglesmacks wrote:
AntiM wrote:
oneeyeddick wrote:Tickets to Hawaii require no lottery for the same time frame next year.

No, I really am..

Big Island, baby. Kona side. Oahu sucks donkey balls. In a good way, it is Hawaii after all.
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby wh..sh » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:57 am

AntiM wrote:
junglesmacks wrote:
AntiM wrote:

Big Island, baby. Kona side. Oahu sucks donkey balls. In a good way, it is Hawaii after all.

I was thinking Hawaii for January, but changed my mind to Peru 8)
In my world there's only legible and more legible.

-Bob
wh..sh

Postby bigdane » Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:57 pm

we interupt the current tirade of naysayers and omg'ers for this unimportant message...

Ok I'm a 2012 virgin, never been and have NO reasonable fear that I will be out of luck under the new proposed system. I didn't participate with the apparent craziness last year but read about it. All that being said here is a n00bs perspective...
there are at least 13 threadson this topic thus far...I can't believe that anyone at BMorg is trying, in anyway, to freak people out (though perhaps they are?, jk), virgins or vets, I think they are earnestly looking for a practical solution to a problem. Would could possibly be gained from trying to piss off so many loyal burners or freak out any n00bs by changing the system in an effort to exclude ANYONE? Isn't inclusion one of the principles? I purpose this - get the fuck over it!
I'm certain that the powers that be have read, ad nauseum, the 13+ threads dedicated to this topic. I believe they are doing what they truly believe is a reasonable solution. It may work great...it may not...but hasn't this topic been beat to within inch of its short life enough??? There have been some viable alternatives suggested, which may or not been considered and abandoned. It appears that there will be a test run first which may support the new process or negate it altogether. Lastly, the details, to the best of my limited knowledge, have not been released so perhaps all the crazy is for nothing...

Let me reiterate, I am a 2012 n00b, so at the end of the day what do I know...just stating, IMHO, the obvious...
ps I had no idea which thread to post this in and as iI generally like most of the folks in this thread so I chose this one cuz I thought I would be beat up on less... :D
we return now to our scheduled programming...
don't play with matches unless you intend to burn
bigdane

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp and Wine Bistro

Postby Isotopia » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:30 pm

I appreciate Trilobyte staying on top of this incessant whining with his routine check ins..
Isotopia

Postby jkisha » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:36 pm

That would absolutely not be any fun what-so-evah!
bigdane wrote:we interupt the current tirade of naysayers and omg'ers for this unimportant message...

Ok I'm a 2012 virgin, never been and have NO reasonable fear that I will be out of luck under the new proposed system. I didn't participate with the apparent craziness last year but read about it. All that being said here is a n00bs perspective...
there are at least 13 threadson this topic thus far...I can't believe that anyone at BMorg is trying, in anyway, to freak people out (though perhaps they are?, jk), virgins or vets, I think they are earnestly looking for a practical solution to a problem. Would could possibly be gained from trying to piss off so many loyal burners or freak out any n00bs by changing the system in an effort to exclude ANYONE? Isn't inclusion one of the principles? I purpose this - get the fuck over it!
I'm certain that the powers that be have read, ad nauseum, the 13+ threads dedicated to this topic. I believe they are doing what they truly believe is a reasonable solution. It may work great...it may not...but hasn't this topic been beat to within inch of its short life enough??? There have been some viable alternatives suggested, which may or not been considered and abandoned. It appears that there will be a test run first which may support the new process or negate it altogether. Lastly, the details, to the best of my limited knowledge, have not been released so perhaps all the crazy is for nothing...

Let me reiterate, I am a 2012 n00b, so at the end of the day what do I know...just stating, IMHO, the obvious...
ps I had no idea which thread to post this in and as iI generally like most of the folks in this thread so I chose this one cuz I thought I would be beat up on less... :D
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby bigdane » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:44 pm

jkisha wrote:That would absolutely not be any fun what-so-evah!
bigdane wrote:we interupt the current tirade of naysayers and omg'ers for this unimportant message...

I was trying to be a little more diplomatic...but thanks JK by underscoring the main point... :lol:
bigdane

Postby Nipple » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:46 pm

Did you guys hear?

You enter the Burning Man lotto, for a chance to win a Burning Man scratch ticket?!

I love those things!
Nipple

Burning Since: 2017

Postby bigdane » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:53 pm

Nipple wrote:Did you guys hear?

You enter the Burning Man lotto, for a chance to win a Burning Man scratch ticket?!

I love those things!

which gives you an 800 number to get the official URL to online ticket sales
bigdane

Postby tamarakay » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:59 pm

All I know is I'm done with spending money on burningman until i have tickets confirmed.
Everyone is talking about signing up for the holiday lottery and signing up to get extra tickets, totally screwing my peace of mind.
When the only tool you got is a hammer, every problem looks like a hippie.

Mmmmmm I love the smell of Burning Man Token

http://www.dyewithdignity.com
tamarakay

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity at BDC

Postby Sham » Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:07 pm

There is no question that you will get tickets. It really the contortions that you may have to go through to get there. The peace of mind is a big thing.
Sham

Postby tamarakay » Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:09 pm

Shambala wrote:There is no question that you will get tickets. It really the contortions that you may have to go through to get there. The peace of mind is a big thing.

Good thing I am very flexible :twisted:
When the only tool you got is a hammer, every problem looks like a hippie.

Mmmmmm I love the smell of Burning Man Token

http://www.dyewithdignity.com
tamarakay

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity at BDC

Postby bigdane » Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:18 pm

tamarakay wrote:All I know is I'm done with spending money on burningman until i have tickets confirmed.
Everyone is talking about signing up for the holiday lottery and signing up to get extra tickets, totally screwing my peace of mind.

A sound approach TK...I finally stopped letting the crazy talk interfere with my POM...I started avoiding the BM boards and then I remembered that if I did that I couldn't get to know some cool people............wait for it.........like you!

That's so fucking warm and fuzzy it could make ya puke...but don't!
bigdane

Postby bigdane » Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:19 pm

anyone wanna sing kumbawa??
bigdane

Previous