The official BMORG statement on 2012 tickets and theme:

Fertility 2.0 - Black Rock City is a kind of Petri dish. Theme camps cling in fertile clusters to its latticework of streets, artworks tumble out of it, like pollen on the air. These nodes of interaction mutate, grow and reproduce their kind. Burning Man communities have now escaped this capsule world: our culture in a Petri dish has effloresced - it spreads across five continents. This year's art theme contemplates the tendency of any being or living system to create abundant life.

Re: The official BMORG statement on 2012 tickets and theme:

Postby Kontradiction » Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:46 pm

Simon of the Playa wrote:dear jcliff or whoever you are.

sorry you dont like my ART

my avatar stays.

my theme camp will exist, and will serve the goddamn motherfucking Kool-Aid whether or not you are offended.

have a nice day, now leave me alone, you bother me, i am offended by your being offended.

You know I'm 'on your wagon' for that Simon as I helped w/the Avatar. I'll gladly come by and participate in your Art. We'll talk sooner towards the Event hopefully (?) so I know when your "Parties" are....er; if you dare call them that, Sir... :o
'I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum'

"Rowdy" Roddy Piper, They Live

Kickass Cook, Bitchin' Mixologist, Good Friend, Constant Student of Life, Experienced Kinkster-
Kontradiction

Postby junglesmacks » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:06 pm

jcliff wrote:Simon of the Playa:

I don't want to judge you without knowing you, but I felt the need to speak to you directly (in public) about your Jim Jones shit. Your post about the Kool-aid stand seems to be a over and done with, but your profile pic is still with us. I'm sure that you realize that your profile pic is disturbing to a lot of Burners, and maybe that's why you post it. My suggestion is...if you hate Burners, or Burners with reasonable sensabilities, don't be one. If you hate people in general....withdraw all together. If you're a freak..be a freak.....but don't upset people while you work out whatever it is you need to.

Jim Jones killed 900+ people, over 300 of them children. He had babies in their mothers' arms injected with cyanide. He ordered the shootings and killings of people who came down to help. He sexually molested children in public gatherings. He beat children in public to punish their parents for lapses in loyalty. Is this what you publicly subscribe to?

In all of your postings I've only seen one person who has said that this is offensive. It is offensive. Enough. I got a stern warning from a Mod when I accidentally posted a harmless post out of area, and yet we can let a post fly which makes light of a murderer and child molester? You've got to be kidding me? Would a profile pic of Hitler fly on eplaya? Hitler killed 40 million, Jim Jones only killed 900. Apparently that's below the threshold of acceptable use of eplaya.

Here we seem to have bonafide, secure, in the flesh proof that YOU, Simon.. are..

DOING IT RIGHT.
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
junglesmacks

Camp Name: Your mom's tent

Postby jcliff » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:41 pm

Okay everyone...you are collectively right and I was wrong. I apologize if I stirred up a hornet's nest. In the grand scheme of things Simon's avatar on eplaya is not a big issue. I do support all Burner's right to radical free expression and I'm sorry I lost sight of that when I posted my rant. To be honest, I'm not really sure why it bothered me so much, given that's there's plenty of other stuff I've seen at the Burn or on eplaya that could be seen as historically insensitive, that I thought was funny. And yes, I have seen pics of the Barbie Death Camp...umm....Barbie Death Camp, and I thought it was funny (which I realize makes me a hyporcrite given my Hitler comment.) I deserved the lashings....live and learn. I apologize publicly to Simon for not walking my talk. Sorry.
jcliff

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Lamplighter Village

Postby tamarakay » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:15 pm

jcliff wrote:Okay everyone...you are collectively right and I was wrong. I apologize if I stirred up a hornet's nest. In the grand scheme of things Simon's avatar on eplaya is not a big issue. I do support all Burner's right to radical free expression and I'm sorry I lost sight of that when I posted my rant. To be honest, I'm not really sure why it bothered me so much, given that's there's plenty of other stuff I've seen at the Burn or on eplaya that could be seen as historically insensitive, that I thought was funny. And yes, I have seen pics of the Barbie Death Camp...umm....Barbie Death Camp, and I thought it was funny (which I realize makes me a hyporcrite given my Hitler comment.) I deserved the lashings....live and learn. I apologize publicly to Simon for not walking my talk. Sorry.

Wow, we don't see this a lot around here. Good on you. Thank you for this.
When the only tool you got is a hammer, every problem looks like a hippie.

Mmmmmm I love the smell of Burning Man Token

http://www.dyewithdignity.com
tamarakay

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity at BDC

Postby Roberto Dobbisano » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:39 am

thank you, Jcliff.

it is indeed rare when people say "I fucked Up and Learned from it"

they tend to be the wisest people too...

here, have some more humor of questionable taste... :twisted:
Attachments
humanity.jpg
humanity.jpg (125.98 KiB) Viewed 5813 times
one nation, under a groove.
Roberto Dobbisano

Postby Galaxo Magic » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:58 pm

Roberto Dobbisano wrote:thank you, Jcliff.

it is indeed rare when people say "I fucked Up and Learned from it"

they tend to be the wisest people too...

here, have some more humor of questionable taste... :twisted:

Wow, the fireworks of the Man burning under that dirigible is awesome! How did you get this future photo?
Elephant trainer to the MV Beau Le'Phant, the pink elephant!
Camp Upsie Dasium
Galaxo Magic

Postby Dr. Pyro » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:02 pm

What a stupid question. He used a time machine. Duh.
Dr. Pyro

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Postby actiongrl » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:13 am

I turn my back for ten minutes...!

Sorry I didn't catch that this thread was here.
there is official info coming about what's up with tickets - i'm working on editing that JRS as we speak actually...

I too am glad we're taking time to figure it out from a few new angles. and the theme, I also hear, is upon us forthwith.

:)
actiongrl

Postby Simon of the Playa » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:25 am

NOT UNTIL BLACK FRIDAY!!!

be patient...
Attachments
santa-claus-huge.jpg
santa-claus-huge.jpg (47.53 KiB) Viewed 5572 times
breathe deep, the playa is the dust of your ancestors

A gift for the Playa
Simon of the Playa

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Postby junglesmacks » Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:07 pm

dp
Last edited by junglesmacks on Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
junglesmacks

Postby junglesmacks » Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:16 pm

junglesmacks wrote:Hot off the Junglesmacks red phone to Camera Girl:

Sent: Thursday, October 27, 2011 5:17 PM
To: [junglesmacks] <bigpimpin@yourmom.com>
Cc:
Subject: Re: Ticket sales launch date on main page

Stay tuned, all the information on tickets is being massaged into an official message. coming out soon. i don't know the exact dates from the ticket and communications teams... let me go poke me head in and see... Yep. All the info will be coming out in mid-November. We've got a staff retreat next week, so that is eating up some time, but early the week of the 14th you should see the info going out.

On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 6:03 AM, [junglesmacks] <bigpimpin@yourmom.com> wrote:

Aloha and good morning Ms CameraGirl..

Do you know/can you speculate/neither confirm nor deny/give us a hint whether or not there will be xmas ticket pre-sales this year?

trilobyte wrote:2012 even ticket information is going to be posted very soon. In preparation of that, I've created the 2012 ticket boards. The "Offered" and "Wanted" boards will be working boards, I'll unlock them when tickets become available.

unjonharley wrote:LOL @ U [size=85]That is the SOS as everyday[/size]

LOL @ U for having to buy me a beer now! :D
junglesmacks

Postby -mystic- » Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:25 pm

This is my first time posting to the board but I've been keeping tabs on this thread hoping to hear about the 2012 event...and I must say, y'all crack me up. I am a little peeved and sad about one thing though...why did Simon change his picture? Offensive or not, I thought Jim Jones as an avatar was hilarious no matter how offensive it was...although the most interesting man in the world isn't too shabby either.
-mystic-

Postby unjonharley » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:15 pm

Just got JRS

Looks like this por old man wont be going to Burning Man any more

Hope you fucking fat assed rich frat boys have fun.

I'm supposed to give them my credit card and sit around and hope.. While some rich punk out bids me..

Burning Man can take a good flying fuck at that..
unjonharley

Postby ygmir » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:18 pm

unjonharley wrote:Just got JRS

I'm supposed to give them my credit card and sit around and hope.. While some rich punk out bids me..

they're not bidding, UJH........the draw names, until the tier runs, out, and keep doing so, till the end.
you put in the highest tier you will pay, so, they take your name out of the mix, if you're not chosen by then.

well, that's how I read it, anyway.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby ygmir » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:18 pm

dp
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby unjonharley » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:24 pm

ygmir wrote:
unjonharley wrote:Just got JRS

they're not bidding, UJH........the draw names, until the tier runs, out, and keep doing so, till the end.
you put in the highest tier you will pay, so, they take your name out of the mix, if you're not chosen by then.

well, that's how I read it, anyway.

So there is no difference.. Get in line and wait.. So name is not on the draw.. I have to rebid?? YOu know the fix is in before the race..
unjonharley

Postby unjonharley » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:24 pm

dp
unjonharley

Postby ygmir » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:52 pm

no, I don't think you "re-bid", I think, you put in the highest price you're willing to pay, and, then, everyone is in on the first tier lottery. When it is gone, those willing, are put in the next tier, and so on, automatically, until you reach the level you said was the top. Or, if they're all gone.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby unjonharley » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:02 pm

ygmir wrote:no, I don't think you "re-bid", I think, you put in the highest price you're willing to pay, and, then, everyone is in on the first tier lottery. When it is gone, those willing, are put in the next tier, and so on, automatically, until you reach the level you said was the top. Or, if they're all gone.

And that knocks out the poor.. Only the rich..
unjonharley

Postby VultureChow » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:08 pm

unjonharley wrote:
ygmir wrote:no, I don't think you "re-bid", I think, you put in the highest price you're willing to pay, and, then, everyone is in on the first tier lottery. When it is gone, those willing, are put in the next tier, and so on, automatically, until you reach the level you said was the top. Or, if they're all gone.

And that knocks out the poor.. Only the rich..

If there was one tier, it might be fair. Poorly run but fair (ignoring the fact that you could have multiple people enter for you). Hell that's what Danger Ranger tweeted: "2012 ticket lottery- the only fair solution when demand exceeds supply. Everyone is equal." Excepting that it sounds like you have a greater chance of winning if you go in higher. Everyone's equal, it's just their money thats better than everyone else.

/And I say that as someone who could probably afford the highest tier.
Send lawyers, guns and money - The shit has hit the fan.
VultureChow

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Cougar Camp @ Barbie Death Village

Postby Canoe » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:10 pm

So, in the past, where I can afford to I could choose to buy a top tier ticket, letting others with less means buy the lower tiers, I'll now be in a lottery for "tickets" and may end up with a low tier ticket that someone else needs?
This is smart - NOT.
*** http://www.burningman.com/preparation/ ***
... but don't harm the red dragon that frequents the area from time to time. He and I have an agreement.
“Dear subscriber, you are registered as a participant in a mass disturbance.”
Canoe

Postby theCryptofishist » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:42 am

What if they do the top tiers first? That could well mean that most of the people willing to pay the higher price will get tickets before they do the draws for the lower priced tickets, which would then make that lower lottery much less populated.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Postby MisaBlue » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:41 am

People should just calm down. It was said, they will explain us the whole process soon. Until then, this all is just 'What if'.

I always wondered how many people didn't get in this year because it was sold out. Do you think 100, 1000? I would say it couldn't be more than 1000, which is like 2 %.
Now, tell me, if 98 % get the tickets and 2 % not, it doesn't seem to me that we are all screwed here.

Seems in this case the 98 % is the lucky crowd :mrgreen:

Postby unjonharley » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:11 am

Why would a 400 bid be in a 200 draw? Or if I bid 400 and get a 200 draw. Good for me???
unjonharley

Postby unjonharley » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:11 am

Why would a 400 bid be in a 200 draw? Or if I bid 400 and get a 200 draw. Good for me???
unjonharley

Postby ygmir » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:32 am

unjonharley wrote:

yeah, I may have read it wrong, too.......or not understood.

so, yeah, maybe you put in for the 400, and, if you win at 200, yay for you!!
But, if it's that way, you'd be in "the draw" until you "win", or, until the price got above your willingness to pay.

but, it's confusing enough for me, I have to say I really just don't know.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby theCryptofishist » Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:44 pm

unjonharley wrote:

They gotta do higher tiers first. At least that's the most sensible thing I've come up with.

Edited to add: So if there's 30,000 top tier tickets, and 31,000 people willing to pay that price, then only 1,000 of them are competing against the lower tiers.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

theCryptofishist

Postby tisha2 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:38 pm

UJ's got a point. there will be more people in the lower tier lotteries. thus lowering the lottery chances for the po'. i'm with ya. looks like we'll all have to make big art and get a grant ticket.
ERP ~ Emergency Resource Procurement
"if i can't find it, yer f***ed"
https://www.facebook.com/pages/ERP-Emergency-Resource-Procurement/257100377734118

how we roll:
https://www.facebook.com/TheThugboat
tisha2

Postby ygmir » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:41 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:
unjonharley wrote:

They gotta do higher tiers first. At least that's the most sensible thing I've come up with.

Edited to add: So if there's 30,000 top tier tickets, and 31,000 people willing to pay that price, then only 1,000 of them are competing against the lower tiers.

good point. I can see the overflow making more sense that direction. Thanks Fishy. yer a genimius!!
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby theCryptofishist » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:46 pm

unjonharley wrote:Why would a 400 bid be in a 200 draw? Or if I bid 400 and get a 200 draw. Good for me???

theCryptofishist wrote:They gotta do higher tiers first. At least that's the most sensible thing I've come up with.

ygmir wrote:good point. I can see the overflow making more sense that direction. Thanks Fishy. yer a genimius!!

Brainfood.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

theCryptofishist

PreviousNext

Return to 2012 Theme