vid upload?

We're doing it wrong...we know

vid upload?

Postby ygmir » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:23 am

can short videos be uploaded, like photos, from a home machine directly?
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Re: vid upload?

Postby Elderberry » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:49 am

I'm guessing the answer is no; only because of the size. It's limited even with photos and even the smallest video files are much larger than the largest photos (usually).
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
Elderberry

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby trilobyte » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:25 am

Sorry, no. But you can upload to Youtube pretty easily. And when you upload a video to YT, you have the option of having it listed publicly, listing it privately (which I believe requires a password), or having it unlisted (accessible to anyone, just not in the public directory).
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby ygmir » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:40 am

trilobyte wrote:Sorry, no. But you can upload to Youtube pretty easily. And when you upload a video to YT, you have the option of having it listed publicly, listing it privately (which I believe requires a password), or having it unlisted (accessible to anyone, just not in the public directory).

ok........It's for a theme camp person, and, I know, or am pretty sure, youtube would not allow it....ergo, hoping to do it direct. the vids are of the Burn, but, with nudity and such, one might imagine it NSFW.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby Elderberry » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:46 am

ygmir wrote:
trilobyte wrote:Sorry, no. But you can upload to Youtube pretty easily. And when you upload a video to YT, you have the option of having it listed publicly, listing it privately (which I believe requires a password), or having it unlisted (accessible to anyone, just not in the public directory).

ok........It's for a theme camp person, and, I know, or am pretty sure, youtube would not allow it....ergo, hoping to do it direct. the vids are of the Burn, but, with nudity and such, one might imagine it NSFW.

They don't check them unless they are reported, and if they aren't published and have no key words to have them come up in a search, I doubt they'd ever be discovered.
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
Elderberry

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby trilobyte » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:24 am

If it's for a specific person, perhaps a site like dropbox or yousendit would work?
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby Sail Man » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:34 pm

ygmir wrote:

Maybe here instead ygmir :wink: banned from youtube
Excuse me Ma'am, your going to feel a small prick.

Algorithms never survive the first thirty seconds of patient contact
Sail Man

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Kidsville: Delicious

Postby BBadger » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:18 pm

Second the unlisted Youtube video, especially if the audience is going to be small.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.
BBadger

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby junglesmacks » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:26 am

The main problem with uploading videos rather than doing a youtube embed, is the simple mechanics of needing a player to play them. When you upload a video to youtube, it does it's own version of encoding and embedding it in it's own flash player. Just simply uploading the file won't do it.. you have to have some type of player/plugin to play it.

I suppose actually that it could be done.. but then also imagine the sheer server space that it would take up.

+1 for just youtube embedding it. Make it a private video and let 'er rip.
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
junglesmacks

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby Ugly Dougly » Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:22 pm

Check out Vimeo.

http://vimeo.com/
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Return to ePlaya Feedback