LARP or other Role Playing Geekery...?

Exchange camp ideas, find places to perform, announce your events, etc.

Creating charactors out of real-life people

Postby Dardanian » Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:38 pm

Larry Harvey is a high ranking Defiler (D;TF). You don't think $300 is ALL you pay for entry at will-call do you? He reaps a faith point every time someone posts here on E-Playa...

Seriously-- though I have yet to get involved in the side-posting group here I do like the idea and hope it works out with me in attendance. The idea of scheduling something more than once during my one week of real-life per year just scares me! I'll definitely be there if Discordia permits...
-Christopher of Aeneadae
Per ardua ad astra
Dardanian

Postby diane o'thirst » Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:10 am

Okay, are we playing "Who's What on the Playa?" now? :D

So Da Hat is a Defiler, Dr. Megavolt is an Etherite...here's my suggestions:

Maid Marian is a Seelie kitty Pooka.
    Crimson Rose is a Khan, Day Pryio.
    Pepe Ozan is an Unseelie Nocker. Heck, most of the big installation mainstays are Nockers, I think ;D
    Paradox Pollack is a Seelie Satyr.
    ...and Danger Ranger is an Ecstatic.

Just about halfway through the Gift tokens I'm making for the Werewolf section of the game. Printer's broken so I'm hand-writing and -drawing them. Takes me about ten minutes all told to do one but they're coming along nicely. Got the Ahroun and Galliard done, the Philodox half-done, starting prelims for the Theurge and Ragabash will probably be done right before I go to bed.

See y'all out there! :D
ImageImageImage
diane o'thirst

Postby diane o'thirst » Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:02 am

Gift tokens are done and Chiron is ready to bestow them upon you. There's some seriously fun, groovy and occasionally downright eee-vile whammies you can pull off with these beauties. This is gonna be one fun game! :)

Okay. For those of you contemplating bringing in a Fera character to the game, here's a bit of roleplaying advice from your ST:

I assume you've all seen Tim Burton's <i>Nightmare Before Christmas</b>. Remember the scene when Jack Skellington "discovered" Christmas Town for the first time? This is a good hook to use when your character lands in Black Rock City. The effect is one of frenzied delight and near-unbridled excitement. It is like nothing else you've ever seen or experienced and you can hardly contain your desire to know, experience and explore it all.

<b>"They've got electric lights on strings/And there's a smile on everyone/So now correct me if I'm wrong/This looks like fun this looks like fun/Oh could it be I got my wish?! WHAT'S THIS?!?"</b>
ImageImageImage
diane o'thirst

Postby Gothalot » Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:19 am

Hmm the roleplaying I usually do involves lots of rope, whips and chains. Any of that?
Gothalot

Postby Fat SAM » Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:16 pm

Are you guys going to be doing the whole rose-on-the-lapel thing to signify who's playing? I never like LARP gaming, but I've always been interested in the dynamics of it - especially on the scale that Burning Man can afford....So if you're playing, have something on that says so. I'd love to talk to you about it (I'll try my best not to take you out of character; unless, of course, you don't mind). I used to game but it was table top stuff. Shadowrun, mostly. I like that cyber punk kind of reality. Needless to say, Thunder Dome is at the top of my list of things to do.

I confess I only skimmed the thread for the most part, here, but did any of you bring up the Vampire Bar that's going up out there? It's in the theme camp listings. What a good place for a bunch of vampires to show up.
Thanks to Addis, I had more free time.
Fat SAM

Postby diane o'thirst » Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:52 pm

Gothalot — Oooh, a Shadow Lord descending Theurge! :D Stormcrows like to be gently dominated, though, better replace the ropes with silk scarves. BDSM fits very nicely into the World of Darkness millieu, I've seen lots of characters wearing fetish gear.

FatSAM — The Vampire venue is going to be Spike's Vampire Bar. I'm sure Phoenix1313 will tell you more. As for the rose-in-the-lapel — my character will in all likelihood have a rose somewhere on her person, it's entirely within and appropriate to her character scope, but probably everyone will be wearing roses in their lapels now...for my game, we're going to be wearing Fera tribal bodypaint tattoos and bead strings showing rank, renown, etc., so that's going to be our significator. I'll tell you more when you come over for dinner.

Where are you camping?
ImageImageImage
diane o'thirst

Postby Mithra » Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:44 pm

Never done LARP, done lots and lots of D&D, a bit of vampire, cyperpunk and whatnot. But I'm up for this! Sounds like it's going to be amazing.

Is there anything I can read up on? (ya, I realize I just outed myself as a geek) Or is spontainious better? I'm good either way.

Got room for one more?

Mithra
Mithra

Postby diane o'thirst » Mon Aug 23, 2004 11:15 pm

Mithra —

I assume Comic Con has come and gone already...usually there's a free-for-all WoD LARP at the con, and I've played with that group before. Top-flight roleplayers and a great group to game with. They basically dragged all their old, powerful, semi-retired high-level characters out of the mothballs and we had a roarin' good time. There were some savagely disgusting magics being thrown about but it was fun because we were <i>all</i> high-octane and nobody got squished. There's a very active and crackerjack Vampire LARP troupe in Cardiff-by-the-Sea, I think they used to play in the gardens at Andersen's Inn — the one with the windmill.

Right now it's kind of confusing because White Wolf just launched the re-thought World of Darkness rulebook and Vampire:the Requiem. Haven't gotten my hands on the books yet and I won't have a definite picture of the state of the World until after the Burn. We're just going on as if it's still the old World of Darkness — Apocalypse, Gehenna, Anthelios, rivalry between fangies and furries, the whole bit ;)

Don't know the other two STs' plans for their games but I'm pretty much just going to run my game without a lot of challenges, so at least in the Werewolf corner it will be structured at the beginning, structured at the end, and spontaneous in between.
ImageImageImage
diane o'thirst

Postby TheMuse » Mon Aug 23, 2004 11:26 pm

Always room for more. I say just come by the bar Friday night and we can figure it all out. I will have my vampire book for those who need a refresher (btw new pics all www.spikesvampirebar.com )
Living on Earth is expensive, but it does include a free trip around the sun every year.
TheMuse

Postby Gothalot » Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:50 am

Okay looks like I know where I'll be getting bleary eyed and developing that cool swagger. Awesome job on Spikes. Is that a stripper pole on that stage?
Gothalot

Previous

Return to 2004 Camps, Art & Activities