Transmorphagon - Doubtful for 2012

Discuss and share theme camp plans, find a camp to join, or recruit new campmates here.

Transmorphagon - Doubtful for 2012

Postby The Chinese » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:10 am

Hey everyone- just a message to anyone who ever came top our stage, played, Rocked us, inspired us, and kep the dream of Live music alive on the playa....

Thank You.

As of now, It looks as though I will not be back out with t'Gon in 2012... I've decided to take a step back from it in order to get some rest, focus on other stuff, and really pursue some other dreams I have... There'a s lot that went into that decision, but it's really a combination of many different things, ranging from The costs of keeping on doing this, Being an in-between camp (not big enough for the Large scale sound art areas, but too big & loud for the Esplanade), not getting any love from the placers & Placement this year, to just being tired of doing the same thing (this was our 7th Year as a theme camp.)

There is always a possibility that we'll be out there in some form... There's talk of a villiage type of collaboration that would take a huge portion of the workload off us... that' has some appeal. we'll just have to see. BTU as for now, The 'Gon is shutterd, Dark, and done.

Peace out!!!!!

Chino
The Biggest Distraction... Funk On the Playa, Live uncut Funk, TheBomb, Comin at you from the Transmorphogon, 500 Kilowatts of Pure Funk Power. You Will be groovin'. So when yer sick of the Boomp Boomp of the Burn, come down to the T-Dome and Learn....
The Chinese

Re: Transmorphagon - Doubtful for 2012

Postby trilobyte » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:55 pm

On one hand I'm sorry to hear it, on the other I feel I should be offering congratulations. Making the decision to step back and take a break isn't an easy one. I hope you enjoy the rest and get the chance to pursue some awesome stuff, and will ultimately lead to bigger and better things :-)
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby junglesmacks » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:01 pm

Never die.. just multiply..
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
junglesmacks

Camp Name: Your mom's tent

Postby The Chinese » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:47 pm

thanks for thos kind words Trilobyte. Much appreciated.

C
The Biggest Distraction... Funk On the Playa, Live uncut Funk, TheBomb, Comin at you from the Transmorphogon, 500 Kilowatts of Pure Funk Power. You Will be groovin'. So when yer sick of the Boomp Boomp of the Burn, come down to the T-Dome and Learn....
The Chinese

Return to 2012 Theme Camps