Barbie Death Village 2012: More Decadence, Less Tolerance

Discuss and share theme camp plans, find a camp to join, or recruit new campmates here.

Re: Barbie Death Village 2012: More Decadence, Less Toleranc

Postby Kontradiction » Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:53 pm

Drawingablank wrote:I'm thrillled about this thread - one thing definitely lacking on the playa is enough decadence.

Amen-
'I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum'

"Rowdy" Roddy Piper, They Live

Kickass Cook, Bitchin' Mixologist, Good Friend, Constant Student of Life, Experienced Kinkster-
Kontradiction

Postby Elorrum » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:02 pm

Barbie-rosa ?
What's the name of the act? The Aristocrats.
Elorrum

Postby MyDearFriend » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:16 pm

The role of

Elorrum wrote:Barbie-rosa ?

...will be performed by Graidawg. When you trim off the singed bits, his beard is actually red. 8)

The role of Blackbeard, of course, will be played (incognito) by our own Dr. Pyro. :twisted:
Practice Love. Exercise Sex.

"When life seems dangerous and unmanageable, just remember that it is, and that you can't survive forever."
MyDearFriend

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp DREAD PIRATE BARBIE

Postby ygmir » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:33 pm

Doc Pyro walks into a bar, with a parrot on his shoulder

the barkeep says:
"Where, did you get that pet"?

YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby tattoogoddess » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:43 pm

Sorry I have not looked at this thread in a bit. I use a Dinair system- Yep that is the whole thing. Super tiny but crazy powerfull! I have 2 guns. One for makeup and one for tanning (diff needles for diff airflow)

I am out of most of my bright colors so I am looking into what I brand I want to get now. I want to do mac sense i have a 50% pro discount but even then it is a bit spendy. So looking into my options. If you know of a good airbrush makeup let me know.
maladroit- Burning Man is like a second job, except you pay to work there.
Burning Man is just the pre party for exodus! - fellow burner during exodus
http://burnon.wix.com/bloodbathandbeyond
tattoogoddess

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: bloodbath and beyond

Postby Kontradiction » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:23 pm

tattoogoddess wrote:Sorry I have not looked at this thread in a bit. I use a Dinair system- Yep that is the whole thing. Super tiny but crazy powerfull! I have 2 guns. One for makeup and one for tanning (diff needles for diff airflow)

I am out of most of my bright colors so I am looking into what I brand I want to get now. I want to do mac sense i have a 50% pro discount but even then it is a bit spendy. So looking into my options. If you know of a good airbrush makeup let me know.

Yeah, I've looked into the Dinair model but the thing is, I need to see if it's capable of using smaller nozzles/has a different flow for the tiny stencils you put on nails "as well" because that's where I'll be primarily using it as nail art is making a huge resurgence here in L.A.; I'm not so sure it (that machine specifically) is 'capable' of that just yet.

Since I am starting Esthetician School next Spring and want to do the tanning and make-up, there is a decent Market for it here and lord knows the more you can do in this New Economy, the better!

Sorry I don't know of a good make-up line...as we get closer next year, I'll know more 'cos I'll be doing it and hey, let's not forget, leopard and cheetah print on the body and in the hair campside....even better if there's glow in the dark make-up...now that would be stellar at night on the Playa..
'I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum'

Kickass Cook, Bitchin' Mixologist, Good Friend, Constant Student of Life, Experienced Kinkster-
Kontradiction

Postby tattoogoddess » Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:05 am

Yeah as far as I know it is just the same as any other air brush. You can unscrew the nosel and take out the needle and put another one in. I need to get a new nossel cause some how mine got bent (look like someone ran over it... not sure how that would happen)

Just a heads up 99% of schools will not teach you airbrush makeup. This will be something you will have to do on your own or go else where to learn. I was self taught. Tanning is a toss up. I only know of one school in Iowa that taught it and it was the one I went to. I have not heard of to many doing it to be honest.

Im not sure about glow in the dark airbrush make up but I know there is some UV reactive paints out there for airbrush.
tattoogoddess

Postby Kontradiction » Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:15 pm

tattoogoddess wrote:Yeah as far as I know it is just the same as any other air brush. You can unscrew the nosel and take out the needle and put another one in. I need to get a new nossel cause some how mine got bent (look like someone ran over it... not sure how that would happen)

Just a heads up 99% of schools will not teach you airbrush makeup. This will be something you will have to do on your own or go else where to learn. I was self taught. Tanning is a toss up. I only know of one school in Iowa that taught it and it was the one I went to. I have not heard of to many doing it to be honest.

Im not sure about glow in the dark airbrush make up but I know there is some UV reactive paints out there for airbrush.

No, I know, DINAIR teaches local classes here for free if you buy their Kit, they're (luckily) based out of the L.A. Area. And yes, you learn on your "own" to airbrush nails, all the vid's out there don't teach much either sadly enough.

Kontradiction

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:16 pm

Kontradiction wrote:
tattoogoddess wrote:Yeah as far as I know it is just the same as any other air brush. You can unscrew the nosel and take out the needle and put another one in. I need to get a new nossel cause some how mine got bent (look like someone ran over it... not sure how that would happen)

No, I know, DINAIR teaches local classes here for free if you buy their Kit, they're (luckily) based out of the L.A. Area. And yes, you learn on your "own" to airbrush nails, all the vid's out there don't teach much either sadly enough.

Crisitunity Alert! You have the power to make your own poorly photographed and oddly cut diy youtube feed!
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Postby Kontradiction » Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:46 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:
Kontradiction wrote:

Crisitunity Alert! You have the power to make your own poorly photographed and oddly cut diy youtube feed!

Gah! Noooooooo......ooo...ooooOOOOoooo..... :oops:

Kontradiction

Postby unjonharley » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:59 am

\
So Barbie takes Ken to nice dinning spot in her pink Cad..

Who parks the car???
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
The valet of the dolls
unjonharley

Postby unjonharley » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:59 am

\

Who parks the car???
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
The valet of the dolls
unjonharley

Postby graidawg » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:08 am

unjonharley wrote:\

Who parks the car???
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
The valet of the dolls

Who parks the car???
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
The valet of the dolls

that joke is bad enough once. but twice?

MyDearFriend wrote:The role of

Elorrum wrote:Barbie-rosa ?

...will be performed by Graidawg. When you trim off the singed bits, his beard is actually red. 8)

The role of Blackbeard, of course, will be played (incognito) by our own Dr. Pyro. :twisted:

is barbie-rosa related barbie-rella?
completely unconcerned.
"Savannah" I like it . . . it makes us sound forward-thinking, and not at all like trailblazing, professional-level procrastinors.
the rest of us are in the School of Fukkit. "Eric"
graidawg

Camp Name: Dread Pirate barbie

Postby theCryptofishist » Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:05 pm

graidawg wrote:

Who parks the car???
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
The valet of the dolls

Who parks the car???
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
The valet of the dolls

that joke is bad enough once. but twice?

See, I thought that was brilliant.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Postby Kontradiction » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:31 pm

:shock: :shock:

Kontradiction

Postby some seeing eye » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:00 am

Once BarbieTM was sacrosanct. but now she is violating her own trademark. With tattoos. I don't even know what tokidokiTM, founded by Simone Legno and Pooneh Mohajer (??) is supposed to mean. Heavy metal cross hello kitty with D&G?

increasing the signal to noise ratio with compassion
some seeing eye

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Woo

Postby Nipple » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:51 am

Tokidoki is a clothing label that leans pretty heavily on exotified Asian imagery.
Nipple

Postby Kontradiction » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:42 pm

some seeing eye wrote:Once BarbieTM was sacrosanct. but now she is violating her own trademark. With tattoos. I don't even know what tokidokiTM, founded by Simone Legno and Pooneh Mohajer (??) is supposed to mean. Heavy metal cross hello kitty with D&G?

::Pats head:: It's an L.A. thing. I love that Barbie. And I might rawk that costume at BM just because. 8)

Kontradiction

Postby MyDearFriend » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:38 am

That heart-and-crossbones thing might work for the Dread Pirate Barbie....

...hmmmm....

"When life seems dangerous and unmanageable, just remember that it is, and that you can't survive forever."
MyDearFriend

Postby lucky420 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:22 pm

those shoes might be a little hard to rawk on the playa...
Oh my god, it's HUGE!
lucky420

Burning Since: I'm not sure
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Postby wh..sh » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:39 pm

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!! Morally casual attitude, kick ass face painting by tattogoddess, Death of Barbies! This must be IT!
In my world there's only legible and more legible.

-Bob
wh..sh

Postby Kontradiction » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:02 pm

MyDearFriend wrote:That heart-and-crossbones thing might work for the Dread Pirate Barbie....

...hmmmm....

I'm with ya, let's talk. :P

Kontradiction

Postby Kontradiction » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:02 pm

wh..sh wrote:OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!! Morally casual attitude, kick ass face painting by tattogoddess, Death of Barbies! This must be IT!

Yup. :mrgreen:

Kontradiction

Postby Simon of the Playa » Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:07 pm

breathe deep, the playa is the dust of your ancestors

A gift for the Playa
Simon of the Playa

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Postby tattoogoddess » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:51 pm

wh..sh wrote:OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!! Morally casual attitude, kick ass face painting by tattogoddess, Death of Barbies! This must be IT!

The end of the world. Yep you are correct lol. When ever im around it is hell. He he Kidding.
tattoogoddess

Postby Kontradiction » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:29 pm

tattoogoddess wrote:

The end of the world. Yep you are correct lol. When ever im around it is hell. He he Kidding.

Hey now, I'm your sis-in-Crime; we'll be Barbiebarians together m'dear. Thankfully the ever-gracious DocPyro saw a 'spark' in both of us. :mrgreen:

Resplendent in all our anti sparkle-pony Glory, airbrushing our campmates with neon brights and pastel 'lights'....expect me 'round your 'campfire' nightly with a bottle of the Good Stuff...you coveting my glow in the dark tip n' dips and me happily doing your nails so you glow also..PLUS all the poor Campmates (and Mods!!!) with Playa Foot...(Read UP and PAY ATTENTION ePlay-ers...I'm the Nail Tech coming to the Burn w/vinegar, rasps, shea butter, nippers, etc., I will be good to *know* should your feet decide to start crackin and yes Crypto, you are first on my List naturally).

(And... MOOP Czar asking for shots/checking for feathers!!!).

Kontradiction

Postby MyDearFriend » Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:41 pm

Kontradiction wrote:
tattoogoddess wrote:

Hey now, I'm your sis-in-Crime; we'll be Barbiebarians together m'dear. Thankfully the ever-gracious DocPyro saw a 'spark' in both of us. :mrgreen:

Resplendent in all our anti sparkle-pony Glory, airbrushing our campmates with neon brights and pastel 'lights'....expect me 'round your 'campfire' nightly with a bottle of the Good Stuff...you coveting my glow in the dark tip n' dips and me happily doing your nails so you glow also..PLUS all the poor Campmates (and Mods!!!) with Playa Foot...(Read UP and PAY ATTENTION ePlay-ers...I'm the Nail Tech coming to the Burn w/vinegar, rasps, shea butter, nippers, etc., I will be good to *know* should your feet decide to start crackin and yes Crypto, you are first on my List naturally).

(And... MOOP Czar asking for shots/checking for feathers!!!).

Just checking, I have had a few beers so I might be mis-reading this, but did you know that Cryptofishist is a double-amputee? She has lost her feet. :cry:

But your plans sound like SO MUCH FUN!!! 8) 8) 8)

MyDearFriend

Postby Kontradiction » Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:52 pm

My apologies, Crypto, I had no idea but I'll do your nails gladly.....you're welcome 'round my 'campfire' anytime and thanks MDF. <3

Kontradiction

Postby Ninzy » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:27 am

I'll volunteer for the Spa - quite happy to do threading and facials (no comments ok or I will bitch slap u) - i'm talking the ayurverdic type facials

TattooGoddess - how are u at working with Jagua - I gifted lots of it to playans who were doing tattoo's (surprised that no one had even heard of it to be honest - this is where u are probably gonna say WTF is Jagua)
Ur just jealous cos the Voices are talking to ME!
Ninzy

Postby MyDearFriend » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:13 pm

Ninz how did I not hear about Jagua until now? That stuff looks fantastic!

Now to find some...

MyDearFriend

PreviousNext

Return to 2012 Theme Camps