Body artists wanted on the playa!!

No matter your skills or interests, there's a way for you to participate in the creation and manifestation of Black Rock City, both at the event and year-round.

Body artists wanted on the playa!!

Postby tanzonya » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:13 pm

If you love to paint people with henna, body paint, face paint, or even rubber stamps we would love for you to join us on the playa. Every day from 10:00am to 1:00 we are having body artists join us in painting whichever of our 50,000 playa friends stop by and we are also throwing a party mid-week to say thank you for playing with us! We are located at 9:30 and A. Please just come with or without your painting supplies! If you want to talk to us ahead of time or get even more involved with our theme camp (see the description below) please contact me at tanzonya@yahoo.com!

Tattoo Oasis is a theme camp devoted to celebrating and exploring the role of tattoos in marking rites of passage. Tattoo Oasis offers a place to view and reflect on how tattoos are used to mark significant transitions in the life cycle, to record your own use of tattoo in relation to rites of passage, and to play with body art and artists in the spirit of the fun and the sacred. We will offer an installation displaying tattoos as markers of significant change; a polaroid camera, guestbook, and display for burners to record their own tattoo stories; and daily resident body-artists to help people actualize their visions for tattoos as symbols of significant life experience. Come join us for a camp where ritual, art and play converge!
tanzonya

Re: Body artists wanted on the playa!!

Postby tattoogoddess » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:00 pm

I would love to help next year (2012) for sure!!
maladroit- Burning Man is like a second job, except you pay to work there.
Burning Man is just the pre party for exodus! - fellow burner during exodus
http://burnon.wix.com/bloodbathandbeyond
tattoogoddess

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: bloodbath and beyond

Postby Rabbette » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:04 pm

I would love to some henna all over me! - as well as putting henna all over others too! Woo bring it on!
Smile, who cares if you don't have all your teeth.
Rabbette

Postby tattoogoddess » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:29 pm

I have a Dinair Airbrush machine. I just need to save money to buy the paint. If I can i will come over and help :)
maladroit- Burning Man is like a second job, except you pay to work there.
Burning Man is just the pre party for exodus! - fellow burner during exodus
http://burnon.wix.com/bloodbathandbeyond
tattoogoddess

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: bloodbath and beyond

Return to Get Involved!