Question 2 ask BEFORE sharing/inviting spot the undercover!!

Questions, answers, tips & tricks for newbies and veterans alike

Question 2 ask BEFORE sharing/inviting spot the undercover!!

Postby besmartaskquestion » Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:07 am

KNOW A LITTLE BIT
ENOUGH TO ASK:
are you an agent of ANY FEDeRAL, STATE OR, any other type of law enforcement or gov. agency ????

before inviting partaking sharing......

when you ask a person: are you ........

and they lie

all charges are dismissed lying is not allowed!

\check for yourself - and be smart!!!!!!
besmartaskquestion

Re: Question 2 ask BEFORE sharing/inviting spot the undercov

Postby gyre » Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:36 am

This misinformation courtesy of your friendly law enforcement organizations.
gyre

Postby wedeliver » Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:52 am

LEO's think it is so CUTE when people think that undercover officers have to say they are law enforcement.
I'm a topless shirtcocking yahoo hippie

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com
wedeliver

Postby pizzamancer » Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:55 am

besmartaskquestion wrote:

If you have to ask this question, you are an idiot.
pizzamancer

Burning Since: 2008

Postby Elorrum » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:46 am

besmartaskquestion wrote:KNOW A LITTLE BIT
ENOUGH TO ASK:
are you an agent of ANY FEDeRAL, STATE OR, any other type of law enforcement or gov. agency ????

and they lie

Asking this question may give them probable cause to search your person and property. Or you could say.... "please arrest me, I am holding." and if they do,then you'll know if they are an agent of any federal, stare, or any other type of law enforcement, or gov.l agency.
What's the name of the act? The Aristocrats.
Elorrum

Postby TT120 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:10 am

ALL LEO's are allowed to lie, cheat, and steal as long as they think it's in the line of duty so asking them is worthless. Don't give or take anything ( Of questionable legality) from people you don't know.
Life's a bitch, then you go to Burning Man - Unjonharley

W6BJD
TT120

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Orphans Too

Postby wedeliver » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:17 pm

The only thing Law Enforcement probably cannot do prior to arresting you is have sex with you. So, get out the old knee pads and blow your way to freedom. but remember you must do that BEFORE you are arrested.
I'm a topless shirtcocking yahoo hippie

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com
wedeliver

Postby Ugly Dougly » Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:26 pm

Trust me, I am with the government. ;)

Hey, dude, look at their shoes, man, you can always tell a pig by their shoes, man.
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Postby SouthernExposure » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:51 am

wedeliver wrote:The only thing Law Enforcement probably cannot do prior to arresting you is have sex with you. So, get out the old knee pads and blow your way to freedom. but remember you must do that BEFORE you are arrested.

Soooooo, just 'identify" yourself as a LEO, get blown and then tell the citizen to move along? That's so crazy, it just might work. What a fiendishly twisted crock of shit!

SE
SouthernExposure

Postby A Jester » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:57 am

wedeliver wrote:The only thing Law Enforcement probably cannot do prior to arresting you is have sex with you. So, get out the old knee pads and blow your way to freedom. but remember you must do that BEFORE you are arrested.

I am totally going to start acting like a cop around you.
ZaphodBurner wrote:
The difference between buying a ticket from a scalper and prostituting yourself for one is, if you suck dick for a ticket and brag about it, burners will still respect you.
A Jester

Postby geospyder » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:33 pm

Here is how you tell if he is really undercover - slap his balls together and see if they blink read and blue. Talking of blue - notice the blue nipple about half way up on the left. I tried to edit out the four young ladies since I didn't think they'd want their pictures displayed with an undercover cop :D

Don't believe everything you think.
geospyder

Burning Since: 2009

Postby Shpilkus » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:02 pm

besmartaskquestion wrote:

Welcome besmartaskquestion. Where can I find this information that you talk about? It there a website that has this important data?
Do you think it would be wise for EVERYONE on the playa to start a conversation with a friendly "hello, are you a cop", or would that be too obvious?

About you. Where are you from, what are your hobbies, what do you do in your spare time?

I probably would have to agree with some here, that many cops might just lie if they felt a career promotion was in front of them. Some of these shiny badged people have inflated egos that would make them feel that they could do almost anything and get away with it. Many are truly not that smart to make the correct legal moves, and feel that THEY are above the law.

So, where did you get your information again?

By the way, this thread below was sighted as one of the best threads EVER! It's so worth the time for an entertaining read. It's about a bumbling undercover cop, trying for a promotion.
viewtopic.php?f=69&t=35977
needles, sewing pins | shpilkes (shpil'∙kes) | שפּילקעס
Shpilkus

Postby BBadger » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:36 am

The ideal advice: don't have anything illegal (to share).

The pragmatic advice: don't share anything illegal with anyone you don't know and trust, or in the presence of anyone you don't know and trust.

Oh, and don't talk to cops. (part 1, part 2)
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.
BBadger

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby jkisha » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:47 am

Nothing wrong with talking to cops. I do it anytime I pass one out there. They're really quite pleasant, you know.
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby A Jester » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:33 am

It's great to interact with cops. We need them, we couldn't have the event without them. Why not be friendly and hope that they'll start to understand what we're all about.

I would rather that the cop busting me was enjoying himself and appreciative of our expression than having a bad day.
ZaphodBurner wrote:
The difference between buying a ticket from a scalper and prostituting yourself for one is, if you suck dick for a ticket and brag about it, burners will still respect you.
A Jester

Postby NessaZee » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:50 am

the cops i ran into really liked the garlic stuffed olives i had to offer :)
~Om-Nom-Nom~~simplicity is potent~~handjob gallery~~the best is yet to come~
NessaZee

Postby Eric » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:01 am

A Jester wrote:I would rather that the cop busting me was enjoying himself and appreciative of our expression than having a bad day.

I couldn't agree more, though I would be shocked if I ever got busted. If you don't have a reason to be, you probably won't be.

I've always been nice, I've had some fantastic conversations with them, they're just there doing their jobs. I wouldn't be rude to someone in the service industry or retail, why would I be to a LEO?
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

Regarding Ticket Scalpers and Scammers

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
BRC Weekly
Eric

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby A Jester » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:06 am

Fair enough, Eric.
I'll stick with my plan of having no reason to ever get busted. I once held a joint for someone while they dug through their bag. It was foolish, I wasn't really 100% on top of what kind of situation I was in, and I can kinda claim I maybe thought it was a cigarette before I touched it.

We were at the temple, and almost as soon as I touched it BLM Rangers showed up.

Here's the thing: I don't smoke pot. So I'm thinking, "Great, I'm going to end up getting a ticket at BM for something I don't actually do." But, it's not like there was any way I could have convinced the cops of this.

They instructed me to put it out and moop it's contents. They said they knew we hated mooping, but that was how it had to be. Then they reminded us that we shouldn't be smoking pot - especially in such an open area, and left.

Cops can be really cool and helpful. I heartily encourage everyone to be friendly to them.

Also, don't be a drug trafficker.

I think those two things are all you really need to do to have them not ruin your burn.
ZaphodBurner wrote:
A Jester

Postby teardropper » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:06 am

A Jester wrote:we couldn't have the event without them

I am certainly not 'anti-cop'. But we could do the event without them. 'Cept for the BLM. So we can't. Rangers could do the job, but probably wouldn't want to. Do you, or anyone think we don't misbehave because LEO is constantly driving down the street or using night vision to find a fucking joint out on the playa? Hmm. Now that I see it in print, it looks pretty stupid. Of course we would misbehave. But BRC is like any other city. You should only misbehave in the privacy of your tent or motorhome. Use some sense.

And that thing about asking them if they are cops...? That is just plain, uh, well... wrong.
\^/
/..\ Furthur
teardropper

Camp Name: The late Lazy Fucks. Now Orphan Eaters.

Postby Eric » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:12 am

teardropper wrote:

I am certainly not 'anti-cop'. But we could do the event without them.

I have some friends who have been very glad there were real LEO's available out there. Very very glad.

While I agree the Cops On Quads running in packs in 2010 was ridiculous, there is no way I want a city of 50,000+ people, with extensive heavy drinking (etc) common, without some sort of "authority" to keep some of the idiots from going all Lord of the Flies on us.
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

Regarding Ticket Scalpers and Scammers

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
BRC Weekly
Eric

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby ygmir » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:16 am

Eric wrote:
teardropper wrote:

I am certainly not 'anti-cop'. But we could do the event without them.

I have some friends who have been very glad there were real LEO's available out there. Very very glad.

While I agree the Cops On Quads running in packs in 2010 was ridiculous, there is no way I want a city of 50,000+ people, with extensive heavy drinking (etc) common, without some sort of "authority" to keep some of the idiots from going all Lord of the Flies on us.

how are you always so right, so prescient?............I think you should be wearing a robe and chanting.........
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby Sham » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:43 am

besmartaskquestion wrote:KNOW A LITTLE BIT
ENOUGH TO ASK:

and they lie

Meanwhile, the original poster has evaporated into thin air. He has a very stinky appearance of a law enforcement officer trying to give some bogus advice here. Just one post to his name! :roll:
Sham

Postby teardropper » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:26 am

Eric wrote: there is no way I want a city of 50,000+ people without some sort of "authority" to keep some of the idiots from going all Lord of the Flies on us.

"Authority", yes. Key word. Cops are there to make arrests, Rangers keep the peace. I know, Utopia. And I see no way around the police presence. Ultimately, and given the things that happened this year and the possible future influence of gangs as Burners, we need a police presence. But the apathy of some Burners to help each other, as was noted by BMIR, has happened. Cops OR Rangers aren't everywhere, especially when you need them. While is is noble to allow each Burner to burn his or her own way, destruction of art, defacing the Temple, simple assaults have all been witnessed by other Burners, without attempt to critically observe, report or intervene. Do I encourage vigilantes roaming the playa stringin' up offenders? No. But as a community, we are responsible for each other, just like in our default life.
\^/
/..\ Furthur
teardropper

Postby teardropper » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:29 am

Shambala wrote:Meanwhile, the original poster has evaporated into thin air. He has a very stinky appearance of a law enforcement officer trying to give some bogus advice here. Just one post to his name!

Yeah, Shambala, I was thinkin' the same thing...
\^/
/..\ Furthur
teardropper

Postby illy dilly » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:43 am

Ugly Dougly wrote:Hey, dude, look at their shoes, man, you can always tell a pig by their shoes, man.

Tom Wolfe Electric Kool-aid Acid Test reference?
Why don't ya stick your head in that hole and find out? ~piehole
Plan for the worst, expect the best. Make the most out of it under any conditions. If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself. ~CrispyDave
illy dilly

Camp Name: Gnome Dome

Postby Sham » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:49 am

Wow, the topic at the next law enforcement/Burning Man seminar will be all law enforcement needs to get burner shoes. No more steel-toed jack boots in the future! :shock:
Sham

Postby Ugly Dougly » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:52 am

illy dilly wrote:
Ugly Dougly wrote:Hey, dude, look at their shoes, man, you can always tell a pig by their shoes, man.

Tom Wolfe Electric Kool-aid Acid Test reference?

Aw, man, I knew it wouldn't fall on deaf ears.

Anyway, OP total posts = 1.
Suggestion: Save your breath.
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:06 am

teardropper wrote:I am certainly not 'anti-cop'. But we could do the event without them.

Eric wrote:I have some friends who have been very glad there were real LEO's available out there. Very very glad.

ygmir wrote:how are you always so right, so prescient?............I think you should be wearing a robe and chanting.........

It's a brave man who give Eric fashion advice...
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Postby Nipple » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:08 am

Shambala wrote:Wow, the topic at the next law enforcement/Burning Man seminar will be all law enforcement needs to get burner shoes. No more steel-toed jack boots in the future! :shock:

Wait... but that's what I wear.
Nipple

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:09 am

Don't worry about that. We only wonder about you because of that hat.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Next

Return to Q & A Tips and Tricks