Artery director or other playa art connoisseur?

Artery director or other playa art connoisseur?

Postby nratzan » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:16 am

Hello,

I'm looking for the names of the artists of two projects, and I'm wondering if anyone can direct me to one of the ARTery head organizers or some other playa art connoisseur. I've posted looking for the name of an artist but had no responses. Maybe it'd save time to simply PM someone who would frankly know a lot about the art projects on the playa.

By the way, the two projects I'm looking to identify were as follows:

Deep Playa Rings - There were 5 or so big, six-foot wide rings lit up with LED strips on the inside. They formed a tunnel and you could walk through them. The amazing part is that from a distance, they looked like scalloped circles and would change as you moved around them because the outside of the rings were no lit and were opaque, therefore blocking part of the lit ring shape.

10/Esplanade Twirly metal sculptures - There were about 6 or 7 of these pin-wheel, weather-vane like sculptures that spun as you touched them or as the wind blew them. They were also lit up at night by spot lights of different colors.

Please post or let me know by PM if you know an ARTery manager or some other playa art connoisseur or if you know the names of these projects or their artist creators!

Thank you!

-Noah
nratzan

Re: Artery director or other playa art connoisseur?

Postby sawdustbear » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:36 pm

Oooo, I'll add my "searching for" art question to this list.

The "Arthropod Safe Space" near the 3:00 road to the man. It was the most charming piece I saw this year.
sawdustbear

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:18 pm

Go to Burningman.com.
Click the "Art Installations" link. (End of the third row...)
Click the "2011 Art Installations" link (on top of the list down the middle of the page.)
Expect that you will get thouroughly razzed.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby sawdustbear » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:41 pm

The Arthropod Safe Space isn't listed anywhere - I checked! I'm pretty sure someone just brought it in.
sawdustbear

Postby trilobyte » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:18 pm

Be radically self reliant, check the listings on the site. You may also have luck writing artgrants(at)burningman(dot)com, though please check the site first, the projects you're looking for may already be listed and there may very well likely be a better email address to use to reach the ARTery. Good luck!
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby nratzan » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:47 pm

Thanks all. I had already checked that site. No luck. I'll look into the art grants email though. Thanks,
Noah
nratzan

Postby trilobyte » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:33 pm

Bummer, with a couple hundred art projects listed you'd think at least one of them was documented (I could have sworn I read about at least one of them there before the playa). Good luck.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Return to 2011 Art & Performance