Anyone from eastern WA, northern Idaho?

Get in touch with other Burners in your area.

Anyone from eastern WA, northern Idaho?

Postby maryanimal » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:44 pm

Are there any folks out this way for a possible get together? I live in Spokane, and can't find a burner anywhere. Maybe our own little regional decomp? Or pre-holiday meal?
Sometimes I'm confused by what I think is really obvious. But what I think is really obvious obviously isn't obvious.
maryanimal

Burning Since: 2011

Re: Anyone from eastern WA, northern Idaho?

Postby Sham » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:08 pm

I am from eastern MA, and I can't find burners either. I put an oval BRC sticker on my car just to see if someone would notice and say something, and it's been years and not a word.
Sham

Postby maryanimal » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:04 pm

I did too, this year, *sigh* It's lonesome being the only town burner. I have such a big job representing our noble city...it's hard being so special isn't it Sham?? :wink:
Sometimes I'm confused by what I think is really obvious. But what I think is really obvious obviously isn't obvious.
maryanimal

Postby Nipple » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:16 pm

I'm from Spokane originally. I moved to Oregon 5 years ago. I know there are burners in Spokane!

A friend of mine does improv at the Blue Door theater. He's been going to BRC for maybe 7 years now.
Nipple

Burning Since: 2017

Postby maryanimal » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:26 pm

Nipple wrote:I'm from Spokane originally. I moved to Oregon 5 years ago. I know there are burners in Spokane!

A friend of mine does improv at the Blue Door theater. He's been going to BRC for maybe 7 years now.

No kidding?? awesome! The Blue Door theater? Hmmm I don't remember where it is. I'm not a native Spokanite...
maryanimal

Postby junglesmacks » Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:24 am

I'm betting that when you make it to Tonasket and start talking to people, you will find more than you think.. :wink:
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
junglesmacks

Camp Name: Your mom's tent

Postby Nipple » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:25 am

maryanimal wrote:
Nipple wrote:I'm from Spokane originally. I moved to Oregon 5 years ago. I know there are burners in Spokane!

No kidding?? awesome! The Blue Door theater? Hmmm I don't remember where it is. I'm not a native Spokanite...

Unless they moved, they're over by the milk bottle on Garland. It's not a big theater, as much as it is a nice little improv space. Seats maybe 50...

I get back up to Spokane every so often. My parents still live there, and I also get to go 'home' for work sometimes. Maybe we can get a burner meetup arranged!

Actually, let me email my friend and see if there already is something on a weekly/monthly basis that they're just really bad about announcing!
Nipple

Postby maryanimal » Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:29 pm

Nipple wrote:
maryanimal wrote:

Unless they moved, they're over by the milk bottle on Garland. It's not a big theater, as much as it is a nice little improv space. Seats maybe 50...

I get back up to Spokane every so often. My parents still live there, and I also get to go 'home' for work sometimes. Maybe we can get a burner meetup arranged!

Actually, let me email my friend and see if there already is something on a weekly/monthly basis that they're just really bad about announcing!

Sounds good to me Nipple!! Let me know!! I'm going to Seacompreession-Mocktoberfest! Oct 15.

And junglesmackeroo, I can't go to the barter faire this year...I have to work.*poutylip*
maryanimal

Postby mattmelnicki » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:10 pm

There are a few of us in Tri-cities, actually! We're trying to get together somewhat regularly, at a Richland coffee joint, Roasters.

We had a (10-person) decom in Rock's backyard two weeks ago, complete with hot-pepper-liquor, fire-spinning, absinthe, and we stood around a flaming stove for warmth.

Rock broke down and decided spontaneously to go to Seacomp, and he kindly invited me (I'm motorless) to join him.

look! a link!
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/kprburners/
join us! join us!
== EASTERN WASHINGTON: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/kprburners/ ==
"Pins" // "Marzipan Man" // "Spines" (soon!)
mattmelnicki

Burning Since: 2010

Postby Litup » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:03 am

I'm from North Idaho. :D
This will be my first year at Burning Man.
Litup

Burning Since: 2012

Postby Dork » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:17 am

I used to live in spokane too and never found a single burner until I moved and tried to give away a bunch of gear away on craigslist. Suddenly they were everywhere!
Dork

Postby maryanimal » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:59 am

Litup wrote:I'm from North Idaho. :D

That's great lit! Where in Idaho are you? Maybe we can locate more and have a get together!
maryanimal

Postby maryanimal » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 am

maryanimal wrote:
Litup wrote:I'm from North Idaho. :D

That's great Litup! Where in Idaho are you? Maybe we can locate more and have a get together!
maryanimal

Postby Litup » Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:39 pm

maryanimal wrote:That's great Litup! Where in Idaho are you? Maybe we can locate more and have a get together!

My boyfriend and I are in Coeur d'Alene, just east of Spokane, WA. :D
Litup

Postby maryanimal » Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:54 pm

That's great Litup! I got my first tattoo in CdA about 2weeks ago.
maryanimal

Postby Litup » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:33 am

Awesome, where did you go?
Litup

Postby Alexisaok » Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:15 pm

I am SPOKANE! Glad to see burners form my area on the eplaya! how'd everyone do on tickets so far? I'm currently ticket-less but I have faith that I will be rolling in playa come august?

anybeat.com/aryu
Alexisaok

Postby maryanimal » Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:43 pm

Litup wrote:Awesome, where did you go?

I think the name Is Visions on Northwest Blvd. Chris did my tat!
maryanimal

Postby maryanimal » Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:45 pm

Alexisaok wrote:I am SPOKANE! Glad to see burners form my area on the eplaya! how'd everyone do on tickets so far? I'm currently ticket-less but I have faith that I will be rolling in playa come august?

anybeat.com/aryu

i havent got a ticket yet. But hoping soon! I know I'll be going to the burn.*keeping fingers crossed*
maryanimal

Postby Litup » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:07 pm

Alexisaok wrote:I am SPOKANE! Glad to see burners form my area on the eplaya! how'd everyone do on tickets so far? I'm currently ticket-less but I have faith that I will be rolling in playa come august?

anybeat.com/aryu

My boyfriend and I got our tickets so we're squared away. I hope you can make it! :)
Litup

Postby mattmelnicki » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:01 pm

(blush... i blundered and posted a prohibited message mentioning fundraising, oops!)
I'm quoting an edited version of the original, to be historical; but admittedly the message is now out-of-date...
Nevertheless, still, us Eastie's must unite!
Pretty much anyone who wants to visit Tri-Cities is welcome to check out Pins and perhaps pitch in -- there's a lot of gluing to do!!!

mattmelnicki wrote:hey did you other Eastie's know that one of our own, Rock from Kennewick, won an honorarium artgrant? So special, especially for our scabbed desert terrain of Eastern Washington!

The Borg has graciously entrusted funds for Rock to construct a giant to-scale-even-if-on-stilts pinboard, to leave imprints of your tuchhus, or silhouettes of your alluring headdress... "Pins"

But the ultimate purpose of this message is (WAS) to announce (and I mean you Maryanimal!) that you Eastie's who do not live quite right in Tri-Cities can come and revel and drink rock's Pabst this Saturday, for he (HAD) a work party! ! there will also be hot-pepper liquor, a test-run of my melodica-orchestra marching band, as well as hole-drilling, head-taps, acrylic-cutting, and cabochon-capping. Don't miss it, come to Atomictown!!!

mattmelnicki

Postby Nipple » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:33 am

I've been in Spokane for the last week for work, and spending time with my parents.

Just came across this thread today and now feel bad for not reaching out.

Perhaps I will see you Spokanites and Tricitians ...Tri-Cititans... Tri-cititetes...Tri-Citestese...Kennewickians, Pascovites, and Richlanders at the meet up.
Nipple

Postby theCryptofishist » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:03 am

Hi, Nipple. Congratulations on being 3/4s of your way to 1000 posts.
I miss your hat.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Postby Nipple » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:33 am

Thank you!

I move slow and steady. Mostly I lurk and read.

Wise old owls, and oaks and all that!
Nipple

Postby theCryptofishist » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:36 am

Wise Old Owls from Little Oaks Grow...
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Postby CupcakeCrush » Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:24 pm

Hey there, dust bunnies!

figured it be a good time to see if anymore Eastern WA burner folk have joined in on this parade! :mrgreen:

I live up in Colville and am in Spokane pretty often, I just moved here not too long ago from Los Angeles and I adore it!. I would love to put together a little decom event in OCT if any of you are interested in something like this then please give me a holler!

-Nicole
CupcakeCrush@yahoo.com
CupcakeCrush

Postby mattmelnicki » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:32 pm

Hi cupcakecrush!
We in tri-cities managed to convince three new people to come to the burn, I'm not sure if they are converts yet but I'd guess yes!
Another local brought his wife and she is fully committed to next year now!
Needless to say we are going to have a mini decom between the 8-12 burners here.

As an amusing side note,my greeter this year was born in my town Richland, and I met a guy who grew up here too later in the week. Unfortunately they are escapees.
mattmelnicki

Postby mattmelnicki » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:11 pm

FYI: we're having a local get-together in Richland tonite at 7pm, a "Friday Fiasco"...
and at some point between now and Oct 13 the KPR Burners (tri-cities) will be restoring Pins to bring to Seacompression, as well as helping me make marzipan shaped like the man.
mattmelnicki

Postby Major Krash » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:11 pm

1st Idaho Decompression is next weekend...Twin Springs (on the road to Atlanta)...know it's quite a drive
"If you don't think too good, don't think too much" Ted Williams
Major Krash

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: tbd

Return to Regionals & Events