Skype MOD

Want to request a new feature? You've come to the right place...

Skype MOD

Postby Elderberry » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:08 pm

Not sure how many others here use Skype, but it has become the only IM client I am continually logged into anymore. So, i was just wondering if you might put adding the Skype MOD on your list. (assuming there would be enough demand for it here)
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
Elderberry

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Re: Skype MOD

Postby MOOP_Nazi » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:10 pm

Or a ventrilo account... just a thought...
"Lemonade is a lie!"
Lederhosen Macht Frei! (Lederhosen Liberates!)
Ich Bin Über Alles, und du bist der scheiße!!!
MOOP_Nazi

Postby Elderberry » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:26 pm

MOOP_Nazi wrote:Or a ventrilo account... just a thought...

Never even heard of that one. Skype isn't quite that obscure.
JK
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
Elderberry

Postby trilobyte » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:34 pm

I have a Skype account that I don't use, but agree wholeheartedly. The Skype mod and a FB mod are both on my 'list of technical goo' (things I'd like to add/change/fix). For those unfamiliar, these mods would allow you to put in your user info on those services on your profile (like you do with AOL/MSN/Yahoo/etc). Admittedly, it's a bit further down on the list, but it is there.

As for Ventrilo, I'm not familiar with the service, though a quick check tells me that a mod does exist for it. I'll look further into it.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby Elderberry » Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:06 pm

Ohhh...Facebook. That's beyond my wildest dreams! But it would be a most wonderful addition. I'd rather see FB implemented before Skype then.
JK
Elderberry

Postby MOOP_Nazi » Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:27 pm

Ventrilo, or 'vent', is as easy as downloading a client and having a mic and speakers once a server is enabled. Typically the servers can run 50-100 people in an almost forum type of format. Main lobby, sub lobbies, etc. So in essence - you could have a lobby for each section of eplaya with individual areas for each thread.. not that youd want to - but it can offer that much flexibility.

It has been refined by its use by gamers. One good thing to come out of the whole gamer thing, IMHO. Check it out - no account or personal info required - just a headset typically.
"Lemonade is a lie!"
Lederhosen Macht Frei! (Lederhosen Liberates!)
Ich Bin Über Alles, und du bist der scheiße!!!
MOOP_Nazi

Postby Elderberry » Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:34 pm

Actually, phpBB has at least one chat mod, which might be easier to implement than a 3rd party application, should chat be considered.
JK
Elderberry

Postby Kinetik V » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:56 pm

Chat would be cool. But adding ANYTHING else to the world that ties into the ever expanding black hole of Facebook is not something I would want to be a part of on a personal level. Unless I like being a sheep and following along with the masses...which I most certainly do not like doing. And I know I'm not alone in feeling that way. Fuck Facebook.

Skype works. Minimal BS, max results.

I sure hope the chat idea gets some traction...it's long overdue and would be a great addition to making eplaya a worthwhile tool for the ORG vs. being the red headed money and resource sucking situation some see it as. And I'm not naming names but I'm looking towards San Francisco with that all knowing yeah I could call you out smirk...

Oh and one last thing about Facebook. Read my signature line. Guess where that touch screen makes it's money at. It's a fucking business, and Facebook sure as fuck ain't your fucking friend. Never has been, never will be.
Kinetic V
~~~~~~
When you finally let go, only then will you learn how to live.
I bring order to chaos. And I bring chaos to those who deserve it.
Kinetik V

Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: Sanctuary West

Postby trilobyte » Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:00 am

As with any of the other connections to online services, having a field in the profile page is just that. You shouldn't feel any obligation to sign up for or use anything.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Return to Feature Requests