So what are you doing for the Meet & Greet in 2012?

Discuss and share theme camp plans, find a camp to join, or recruit new campmates here.

So what are you doing for the Meet & Greet in 2012?

Postby International Incident » Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:21 pm

DETAILS!!!!
Thursday - 6pm-9pm Barbie Death Camp @ 4:00 and Eidelweiss
The event will probably kick on for a while after but we will have eaten the food and drunk the fancy booze by about 9

(Thread banter and awesome conversation begings…. now!)

I love the old thread, but it's probably timely to start one for the 2012 event.

Keep the date free gang, 6-9pm Thursday at your favorite place of Barbie execution, the internationally renowned Barbie Death Camp and Wine Bistro.

I have my spreadsheet started (yes I am a nerd) to keep track of ideas, volunteers and food and drink suggestions.

It is looking a bit bare at the moment, well as it should do, as it is only October (or as we say in Melbourne - Rocktober).

I will be bringing Vegemite, cheese and crackers again - gonna kick Grai's arse again. Oh and a little game (it is not a drinking game) that will be a surprise and hopefully you will like it.
International Incident

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: P6 - a Barbie Death Village production

Re: So what are you doing for the Meet & Greet in 2012?

Postby jkisha » Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:38 pm

You might have a spread sheet started, but have the ORIGINAL spread sheet! :shock: :wink:

I'm thinking it's going to be making an appearance in 2012.
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby International Incident » Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:19 pm

A question for the wise, or old timers, or other people....

I have been asked whether the M&G has to be on the Thursday? I'm guessing there is a back story to the choice of night.

The CORE burn is also on the Thursday evening and apparently there are a few people who are involved in the CORE burn who have to do CORE stuff on Thursday so have to miss the M&G.

I have been asked whether it can be moved to Wednesday night.

Just putting it out there for your comments...
International Incident

Postby tamarakay » Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:29 pm

I will bring something non-alcoholic to drink. Either tea or juice. And something to eat, but too soon to commit what yet.
Also, I think Wednesday would be a great night. I really wanted to see the CORE burn but by the time we got out there the big part of it was over.
When the only tool you got is a hammer, every problem looks like a hippie.

Mmmmmm I love the smell of Burning Man Token

http://www.dyewithdignity.com
tamarakay

Camp Name: Dye with Dignity at BDC

Postby jkisha » Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:53 pm

It doesn't matter to me what day it's on, except I wouldn't like to see it on a day earlier than Wednesday, as lots of people arrive on Wednesday. Probably be best to check with Doc and make sure Wednesday doesn't conflict with any of the other events BDC hosts.

Regarding what I'm bringing, I think I'll bring the same thing I brought this year. For obvious reasons.
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby junglesmacks » Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:54 pm

melaniejane wrote:I have been asked whether it can be moved to Wednesday night.

Just putting it out there for your comments...

I'm a +1 on moving it to Wednesday.
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
junglesmacks

Camp Name: Your mom's tent

Postby ygmir » Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:57 pm

any day you pick, will conflict, for someone. Doc has always had it on Thursdays....and really, IMHO, it's his gig.
I care not what day it is, but, I totally defer, to Doc, on this.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby DanusLight » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:55 pm

Whatever day, I will be there! Yay!
I don't sit up all night and plot revenge... I just sit back and giggle once Karma takes over!!!
DanusLight

Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Postby Lassen Forge » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:07 pm

I hope its on Thursday, well, because, it's ALWAYS been on Thursday. A lot of camps plan their gigs around being there on Thursday - ours included.

If it changes - well, it will be like the end of an era. I mean, without copious amounts of Doc-fueled lust and Absinthe, how can we otherwise survive Yahoo Thursday????
Lassen Forge

Location: Where it's always... Wednesday. Don't lose your head over it.

Postby trilobyte » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:20 pm

A day earlier would also have the added benefit of fewer randoms turning up (as I think was discussed at great length in last year's thread). "Yahoo Thursday" is exactly that. The majority of the playa's greatest asshats aren't even in BRC on Wednesday.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby International Incident » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:40 pm

So the whole "day" issue doesn't become an issue - a decision will be made on this issue by the end of this week. Thus enabling peeps to plan properly.
International Incident

Postby Savannah » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:47 pm

I support Wednesday, though Thursday is fine too.
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby Sham » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:58 pm

Well, this is a party being hosted by our good friends at the Barbie Death Camp and Wine Bistro and Doc Pyro. I am glad that they do this for the group and pretty sure that this is that day and time that works for them. If we as a group don't like this, I am pretty sure the thought is that we can take our stuff and find another place to hang.
With that said, I love Doc Pyro and BDC&WB and think that Thursday is great and truly appreciate all the years that you've hosted this for us!

Thanks Doc!! :D
Sham

Postby Eric » Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:03 pm

I'm another supporter of Thursday.

Tradition!

Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

Regarding Ticket Scalpers and Scammers

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
BRC Weekly
Eric

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby tattoogoddess » Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:15 pm

Dr. Pyro wrote:The simple answer as to why should we change the night of the M&G would be to simply say it's always been on Thursday and that's the tradition and be done with it. And that is part of the answer. But the other side of the coin (unless somebody else wants to host it, recognizing that they will empty your liquor cabinents, trash your camp, piss behind your RV, and steal your bike) is that we at BDC&WB try not to schedule two big events and/or parties on the same day. Wednesday is the Naked Bike Ride & Pub Crawl, which we are a major stop at with 200+ naked and thirsty cyclists laying waste to our little slice of paradise on the playa, so that's out; Friday is chaos what with Critical Tits and BRC Body & Paint (a wholly-owned subsidiary of BDC&WB), so that's no good; so what's left? You guessed it: Thursday. I'm perfectly willing to hand off the M&G even though we have hosted it for the past, what, eight years? But I'd rather not. There are some traditions at TTITD that should remain sacrosanct. And besides, it's easier for me to get back to my RV this way.

So yeah. Thats what was said earlyer in Sept.

Any ways.

I will bringing these bad boys! Nom Nom!

maladroit- Burning Man is like a second job, except you pay to work there.
Burning Man is just the pre party for exodus! - fellow burner during exodus
http://burnon.wix.com/bloodbathandbeyond
tattoogoddess

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: bloodbath and beyond

Postby International Incident » Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:07 pm

tattoogoddess wrote:
Dr. Pyro wrote:The simple answer as to why should we change the night of the M&G would be to simply say it's always been on Thursday and that's the tradition and be done with it. And that is part of the answer. But the other side of the coin (unless somebody else wants to host it, recognizing that they will empty your liquor cabinents, trash your camp, piss behind your RV, and steal your bike) is that we at BDC&WB try not to schedule two big events and/or parties on the same day. Wednesday is the Naked Bike Ride & Pub Crawl, which we are a major stop at with 200+ naked and thirsty cyclists laying waste to our little slice of paradise on the playa, so that's out; Friday is chaos what with Critical Tits and BRC Body & Paint (a wholly-owned subsidiary of BDC&WB), so that's no good; so what's left? You guessed it: Thursday. I'm perfectly willing to hand off the M&G even though we have hosted it for the past, what, eight years? But I'd rather not. There are some traditions at TTITD that should remain sacrosanct. And besides, it's easier for me to get back to my RV this way.

I thank you for copying that - much appreciated. I'd not seen it, or my brain had forgotten it.

I'd forgotten about the naked bike ride choas on Wednesday as well - although I'm not sure how is possible to forget it.

So for the peeps lobbying me for a Wednesday night gig, I think we have our answer. And that answer is NO.
But hey, I reckon you should bring it up again for 2013 (when some other sucker volunteers to run the thing). So for 2012, you will just have to come early to M&G, then duck off to the CORE burn.
International Incident

Postby ygmir » Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:26 pm

melaniejane wrote:
tattoogoddess wrote:

I thank you for copying that - much appreciated. I'd not seen it, or my brain had forgotten it.

I'd forgotten about the naked bike ride choas on Wednesday as well - although I'm not sure how is possible to forget it.

So for the peeps lobbying me for a Wednesday night gig, I think we have our answer. And that answer is NO.
But hey, I reckon you should bring it up again for 2013 (when some other sucker volunteers to run the thing). So for 2012, you will just have to come early to M&G, then duck off to the CORE burn.

*applauding MJ.........takin charge, doin it right*
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Camp Name: qqqq

Postby graidawg » Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:14 pm

Hi Mj, ok I will bring some non-alcoholic cordials. More elderflower cordial (i seem to recall you liked that) and other flavors.
Of course Marmite will make a return to prove vegemite is inferior. This year howver I will recruit some breasts to help me serve the wonderful BEER by product, therbey ensuring the continuing success of BEER for furutre generations.
Maybe thursday will be a good day to award bingo prizes too probably just prior too the meet n greet. or just after.
2012 is shaping up to be a great year and its not even started yet!
completely unconcerned.
"Savannah" I like it . . . it makes us sound forward-thinking, and not at all like trailblazing, professional-level procrastinors.
the rest of us are in the School of Fukkit. "Eric"
graidawg

Camp Name: Dread Pirate barbie

Postby MyDearFriend » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:09 am

graidawg wrote:Hi Mj, ok I will bring some non-alcoholic cordials. More elderflower cordial (i seem to recall you liked that) and other flavors.
Of course Marmite will make a return to prove vegemite is inferior. This year howver I will recruit some breasts to help me serve the wonderful BEER by product, therbey ensuring the continuing success of BEER for furutre generations.
Maybe thursday will be a good day to award bingo prizes too probably just prior too the meet n greet. or just after.

Will these do?

boobs.jpg
boobs.jpg (27.49 KiB) Viewed 5859 times
Practice Love. Exercise Sex.

"When life seems dangerous and unmanageable, just remember that it is, and that you can't survive forever."
MyDearFriend

Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp DREAD PIRATE BARBIE

Postby graidawg » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:24 am

MyDearFriend wrote:
graidawg wrote:Hi Mj, ok I will bring some non-alcoholic cordials. More elderflower cordial (i seem to recall you liked that) and other flavors.

Will these do?

boobs.jpg

perfect! 6 more like that and I will have neutralized her advantage (i seem to recall 3 other women helping her cheat) also cheese! and toast this time i will prepare for the rematch.
completely unconcerned.
"Savannah" I like it . . . it makes us sound forward-thinking, and not at all like trailblazing, professional-level procrastinors.
graidawg

Postby Dr. Pyro » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:25 am

I recognize those...
Dr. Pyro

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Postby MyDearFriend » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:41 am

(((Doc))) thanks for sending me that photo. 8)
Practice Love. Exercise Sex.

"When life seems dangerous and unmanageable, just remember that it is, and that you can't survive forever."
MyDearFriend

Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp DREAD PIRATE BARBIE

Postby tattoogoddess » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:44 am

Grai??

ARRRRRR!!!!
maladroit- Burning Man is like a second job, except you pay to work there.
Burning Man is just the pre party for exodus! - fellow burner during exodus
http://burnon.wix.com/bloodbathandbeyond
tattoogoddess

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: bloodbath and beyond

Postby graidawg » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:50 am

tattoogoddess wrote:Grai??

ARRRRRR!!!!

recruited!!!!!!
completely unconcerned.
graidawg

Postby illy dilly » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:57 am

For the 2012 MnG
I will be showing up on time!

Folks did not seem to like the home'brew tonic. Honestly, it does look pretty nasty, but taste's great. I will bring some other sort of alcoholic beverage.
And since we are doing the MnG on Thursday, I'll bring a bag of ice, since I work Ice on Thursdays.
Why don't ya stick your head in that hole and find out? ~piehole
Plan for the worst, expect the best. Make the most out of it under any conditions. If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself. ~CrispyDave
illy dilly

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Gnome Dome

Postby junglesmacks » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:06 am

I'm thinking about somehow doing a huge crock pot of southern style pulled pork. Thinking that I could make it all ahead of time.. freeze it.. and ship it out to Reno with me on dry ice or something or something or something?
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
junglesmacks

Camp Name: Your mom's tent

Postby deutlich » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:43 am

Hmmmm....something with nutella in it! I think?

Whatever it is, I need to be able to ship it from DC first. Hmmmm....
| Liebe alles | 2012 Burgin |
Avi: http://archann.deviantart.com/
deutlich

Postby tamarakay » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:13 am

deutlich wrote:Hmmmm....something with nutella in it! I think?

A bag of ice is plenty. But really no one should feel like the HAVE to bring anything cause most important is your presence.
Right Simon?
When the only tool you got is a hammer, every problem looks like a hippie.

Mmmmmm I love the smell of Burning Man Token

http://www.dyewithdignity.com
tamarakay

Camp Name: Dye with Dignity at BDC

Postby Bounce530 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:14 am

Once again I'll bring the local Northern Cal. grown salsa, and pickled what ever the garden decides to produce.
TomServo wrote:Pickles are cucumbers soaked in EVIL!
Bounce530

Camp Name: BRC Guardian docking pad

Postby graidawg » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:14 am

tamarakay wrote:
deutlich wrote:Hmmmm....something with nutella in it! I think?

A bag of ice is plenty. But really no one should feel like the HAVE to bring anything cause most important is your presence.
Right Simon?

+3
completely unconcerned.
graidawg

Next

Return to 2012 Theme Camps