BLM is OUT OF CONTROL.

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.

Re: BLM is OUT OF CONTROL.

Postby BBadger » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:24 pm

pinemom wrote:I always feel the need to look up the OP to see if more Idiotic posts like the OP just posted. Yup.

Seems the last 3 years she has only come in to beg for a ticket in July and August.

If she doesn't return, the BLM may have done us all a favor.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.
BBadger

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby theCryptofishist » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:10 pm

Now we're just being mean!

Won't someone think of the children?!
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby unjonharley » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:15 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:Now we're just being mean!

Won't someone think of the children?!

I would be more than happy to cook one up
unjonharley

Postby junglesmacks » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:33 pm

Nipple wrote: It's interesting, sure, but in my experience it hasn't been a rad times treat.

Major points for "rad times treat".

Oh fucking snap. It's officially lodged in the vernacular. Props.
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
junglesmacks

Camp Name: Your mom's tent

Postby Roberto Dobbisano » Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:58 am

one nation, under a groove.
Roberto Dobbisano

Postby Hoolie » Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:23 pm

BBadger wrote:
Sammi_Noelle wrote:... Then they started threatening to get the dogs, and that they we’re going to search me either way, so I might as well let them search me. ...

And here is the exact moment of the incident going downhill. There is never "might as well let them." You respectfully refuse until--and past--the bitter end. No exceptions.

Treat all searches as if they're going to give you a deep-cavity rectal search--no lube. You'd sure as hell fight that wouldn't you?

Agreed. You are legally obligated to identify yourself at the request of a LEO, but you have the right to refuse a search by a LEO. Embrace that right. Cherish that right. Grab onto it with both hands and don't let go. No matter how many times they ask, do not give your consent. Beyond that, say nothing, because that is also your right. Do not answer any questions. Do not engage in conversation. The more they badger you, the more you should strengthen your resolve to keep quiet. Whether you are innocent or guilty, whether or not you have something to hide, do not talk to the police. It is for your own protection and for your own good.
Hoolie

Burning Since: 2000

Postby unjonharley » Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:36 pm

Hoolie wrote:
BBadger wrote:
Sammi_Noelle wrote:... Then they started threatening to get the dogs, and that they we’re going to search me either way, so I might as well let them search me. ...

And here is the exact moment of the incident going downhill. There is never "might as well let them." You respectfully refuse until--and past--the bitter end. No exceptions.

Treat all searches as if they're going to give you a deep-cavity rectal search--no lube. You'd sure as hell fight that wouldn't you?

Agreed. You are legally obligated to identify yourself at the request of a LEO, but you have the right to refuse a search by a LEO. Embrace that right. Cherish that right. Grab onto it with both hands and don't let go. No matter how many times they ask, do not give your consent. Beyond that, say nothing, because that is also your right. Do not answer any questions. Do not engage in conversation. The more they badger you, the more you should strengthen your resolve to keep quiet. Whether you are innocent or guilty, whether or not you have something to hide, do not talk to the police. It is for your own protection and for your own good.

That's some big talk..

But when they decide they have PC and search you and your holding.. Your open for hindering..

If your stupid and holding.. Take the ticket and shut the fuck up.. A small fine is better than a jail cell in the middle of your party.. Just pay the stupid tax you played for..
unjonharley

Postby Hoolie » Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:51 pm

unjonharley wrote:That's some big talk..

But when they decide they have PC and search you and your holding.. Your open for hindering..

If your stupid and holding.. Take the ticket and shut the fuck up.. A small fine is better than a jail cell in the middle of your party.. Just pay the stupid tax you played for..

It's not big talk. It's exercising constitutional rights, specifically, amendments 4 and 5.

"Hindering" would only apply if you lied and said you were not holding, before they discovered you were. Silence cannot be used against you, nor can refusal to consent to a search.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8z7NC5sgik
Hoolie

Burning Since: 2000

Postby MartyZion » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:04 pm

Hoolie you are most correct. For someone to be hindering they would have to take the initiative to furnish authorities with information they know to be not true, i.e. lying about whether they are holding, etc. Volunteering false information is hindering. Exercising your constitutional rights to avoid self-incrimination is not.

But then getting your legal advice from random folks typing in chat rooms may not be the best COA. As the thread so goes.
MartyZion

Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: AEZ

Previous

Return to Experiences at Burning Man