Georgie Boy Placement Sucked Ass

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.

Re: Georgie Boy Placement Sucked Ass

Postby unjonharley » Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:47 pm

lecosmique wrote:Georgie Boys placement did suck ass. While I don't agree with the OP's sentiments about the art, I do agree with the subject, that the placement sucked ass.

The installation itself was great, and clearly loved by many. The effort that went into make it, and the attention to detail was fabulous. That said, it's placement in the 3 o'clock plaza sucked. This should have been placed in the playa. It would have been experienced by more people there, and less annoying to those camped in the plaza. -32dB earplugs were no match for the tock tock tock tock.. tock.. tock... tock... tock....... tock...... tock....... of the roulette wheel.

You set your camp in the middle of a freeway :?: :?: What the hell were you thinking. :?: :? :? :?
unjonharley

Postby M_FULL_OF_GRACE » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:47 pm

I thought Georgie Boy was wonderful, randomly stumbling up to it made me feel giddy like a school girl and I even had to clap my hands with excitement! Maybe the placement was off for some people, but I am glad it is where it was for I may not have seen it otherwise.

I'm a dork!
M_FULL_OF_GRACE

Georgie Boy Sucked Ass... PERSONALLY!

Postby Mister Jellyfish Mister » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:20 am

Thanks to everyone who posted here. The Georgie Boy crew and I appreciated both the positive words of support as well as the more negative insights. Yes, I fucked with you, dear neighbors. There are hours of expected slumber you will never in your life have back and for this I beat my chest and sing my shame between quiet snickers of delight.

I've posted a recount of the experience over in the Georgie Boy project thread at:
viewtopic.php?f=189&t=37761&p=749046#p749046 . It's a rather long post, so please enjoy with your favorite steamy beverage.

DEATH OF A SHOW QUEEN
It is with a soaring yet sorrowful heart that I share with you the news of Georgie Boy's final demise. Last Sunday, we took crow bars and sledge hammers to his shabby abode, spending $38 for his final resting place in a Nevada land fill. Rest in peace, fallen star... How we wonder what you are.
Art cred: Georgie Boy 2011: www.mutantvehicle.com/georgie_boy.htm ; Ein Hammer 2010; Fluffer 2009; Zsu Zsu 2008; U-Me 2007; Mantis 2006; MiniMan and Pikes Of Paranoia 2005; Time Machine Mutant Vehicle 2004. www.MutantVehicle.com
Mister Jellyfish Mister

Postby jkisha » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:40 am

R.I.P. Georgie Boy. :cry:
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby aireekah » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:58 am

Georgie Boy lives in my heart! With slumbers lost and love songs sung, with fancy rats and brandy all around, he will sing in the soul of manning burn forevah evah.
aireekah

Previous

Return to Experiences at Burning Man