ART CARS AND TECHNO MUSIC AT THE TEMPLE BURN???

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.

ART CARS AND TECHNO MUSIC AT THE TEMPLE BURN???

Postby darrenminke » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:12 am

This Year's temple burn was an amazing, emotional experience for me and many...wtih one exception...all the Art Cars blocking the view, and techno music blaring before and after the burn!

Maybe I'm suffering from delusions and selective memory, but I could swear that the in years before, there was only acoustic music and no art cars at the Temple burn. Don't get me wrong, I love me some pounding basslines and cool blinky lights, but I feel the temple is not the place for this - that's why we have two burns, right? I feel the temple burn should be introspective and a time for silent or relaxed connection with the sounds of the fire and the emotions of letting go of whatever was offered to the temple.

I would like to see a grass roots movement in the community to restore the temple burn to a more solemn and silent event. If you agree, lets spread the word that Art Cars and Amplified music is not cool at the Temple burn. Feel free to repost this message, and if anyone knows of a better place to post it, please do, or let me know!

Darren Minke
darrenminke

Return to Experiences at Burning Man