Seeking Burner Families with Children!!!

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.

Seeking Burner Families with Children!!!

Postby realilluzion » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:04 pm

Hello Burning Families!

My name is Sugar (aka Maya in the default world) and I'm in the early research stages of a book that I'm writing about the experiences of children at Burning Man. If you have children who attended Burning Man in recent years, OR if you are now an adult who went to Burning Man as a child, I would love to speak with you!

At this point, I'm interested in hearing from parents about your experiences bringing your kids, and eventually I'm looking for a chance to talk to the kids themselves as well. I'd love anything from anecdote you'd like to share, to the chance to interview you/them. Down the road, I'll be looking for kids to be featured in the book via stories, interviews and lots of photographs. I want to know how/why kids end up attending Burning Man, how they understand the event, what they contribute, and how it influences them. I'm interested in understanding our community through their eyes! Information from adults will be crucial in gathering information and understanding context, but the kids will really be the stars of my book.

I am not a parent myself, but I've found myself fascinated by the children who attend each year - and hope to bring my own kids someday down the road. I've been attending since 2006 (except for this past year) and I'll be back in 2012!

I'm particularly interested in connecting with Colorado burners who could potentially meet face-to-face, but I'd be very excited to hear from anyone who'd like to contribute to this project! Please this on to anyone you think might be interested. I'm reachable by email at realilluzion@gmail.com.

Thanks!!!!
Sugar
realilluzion

Re: Seeking Burner Families with Children!!!

Postby realilluzion » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:21 pm

Update: The website for my project (now tentatively titled Children of the Dust) is now live! Please check me out at childrenofthedust.yolasite.com.
realilluzion

Return to Experiences at Burning Man