Cleaning Tips?

Questions, answers, tips & tricks for newbies and veterans alike

Re: Cleaning Tips?

Postby jkisha » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:34 pm

I just wanted to give an endorsement to whoever it was that suggested using Pledge for cleaning up. It was the only thing that worked to restore the life and luster to our grill, oven and lots of other stuff. I think it must be the wax, but whatever it was, definitely give it a try.
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby Snow » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:29 pm

I like clean the WHOLE thing, not just the tip.
"Art Is Not A Mirror, It Is A Hammer" - Jon Griersam
Snow

Postby essjay » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:54 pm

jkisha wrote:I just wanted to give an endorsement to whoever it was that suggested using Pledge for cleaning up. It was the only thing that worked to restore the life and luster to our grill, oven and lots of other stuff. I think it must be the wax, but whatever it was, definitely give it a try.

Please let us know how it looks in a few days/weeks. My experience with waxy/lubricant treatments (ie: Armor All, etc) is that it brings back the luster, but completely dries out after a few weeks and not looking good. I'd like to know if your pledge treatment lasts after it has had some time to dry out. Also, what items did you use it on? (I still haven't done my cleaning and want to steal this tip if it works!)
essjay

Postby MartyZion » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:39 pm

I'd like to thank whoever had the tip about putting an oscillating lawn sprinkler under their vehicle to clean the undercarriage (I think it was Ygmir?). I stuck one under my truck last weekend and even after two underflush car washes I was amazed at all the gunk that dripped out.
MartyZion

Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: AEZ

Postby Bob » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:08 am

Pledge would probably great work as instant shampoo.

Spray it on your food to keep that just-cooked luster, if you expect a dust storm.

Pledge. It's not just for credenzas.
Amazing desert structures & stuff: http://sites.google.com/site/potatotrap/

"Let us say I suggest you may be human." -- Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam
Bob

Burning Since: 1986
Camp Name: Royaneh

Postby jkisha » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:27 am

I used it on all my Camp Chef equipment...stove, oven, grill cover, etc. I'll keep you posted. But if it does dry out, it certainly wouldn't be a problem to spray it again.

Or maybe I'll try Carnuba Wax. I used that on some stainless stuff in the bathroom that always seemed to pit and turn brown on a regular basis, and it's remained shinny now for months.

essjay wrote:
jkisha wrote:I just wanted to give an endorsement to whoever it was that suggested using Pledge for cleaning up. It was the only thing that worked to restore the life and luster to our grill, oven and lots of other stuff. I think it must be the wax, but whatever it was, definitely give it a try.

Please let us know how it looks in a few days/weeks. My experience with waxy/lubricant treatments (ie: Armor All, etc) is that it brings back the luster, but completely dries out after a few weeks and not looking good. I'd like to know if your pledge treatment lasts after it has had some time to dry out. Also, what items did you use it on? (I still haven't done my cleaning and want to steal this tip if it works!)
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Previous

Return to Q & A Tips and Tricks