Hand launched RC glider?

Hand launched RC glider?

Postby ewaters » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:54 am

The night of the burn while wandering across the open playa I ran into two gentlemen who were flying an LED lit up hand launched glider. It featured a retracting band in one of the wings, and when launched soared about 100' up into the air before flying back down on radio controlled flaps. There was a website address written on the plane, but I can't remember what it was. I would love to find more information about this glider they were flying; if you know anything more about it, please reply to this message. This was one of the coolest things I saw while on the playa. He could even launch it and return it to his hands!

Thanks!

Eric
ewaters

Re: Hand launched RC glider?

Postby ottohuck » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:39 am

Hmmm.... I'm not sure about the 'gentlemen' bit, but check out www.playmachines.com to get in touch. :)
ottohuck

Postby joycem137 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:14 pm

There were several people flying various RC planes and gliders out there this year.

I was flying a Superfly out between Thunderdome and the pier.
joycem137

Postby Theres Always One » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:36 pm

joycem137 wrote:There were several people flying various RC planes and gliders out there this year.

Did it have LED's (or some kind of glow on it)? Because I saw something like that glowing as it flew around the sky on multiple nights and I could not get over how genius that was. If it was you, my hat is off to you sir/madam because that put a smile on my face quite a few times.
Theres Always One

Postby joycem137 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:39 pm

Theres Always One wrote:
joycem137 wrote:There were several people flying various RC planes and gliders out there this year.

Did it have LED's (or some kind of glow on it)? Because I saw something like that glowing as it flew around the sky on multiple nights and I could not get over how genius that was. If it was you, my hat is off to you sir/madam because that put a smile on my face quite a few times.

Heh. Yes, it did! Here's a ground video of it before I tried putting it out there: I'm using three strands of EL wire to light mine up. There was another person out there that goes by the name "Firefly" that was flying a similar craft, although bigger, brighter, and much better. :) I'm sure there were others as well, but him and I were the only ones I saw.

In any case, thank you very much if it was my plane you saw! :)

-Joyce
joycem137

Return to 2011 Art & Performance