Problem at the TEMPLE BURN!!

Materials and expertise...whether you need them or have them to share, you can let folks know here.

Problem at the TEMPLE BURN!!

Postby Pelow » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:43 pm

The temple burn for burners is a very spiritual expeiriance. In which it is meaningful, and in other ways means something to all of us in different ways.

Are you one of many people who want those people in front to sit down for you memorable Temple burn?

Are you tied of Bad conflicts happening around you with people yelling and cursing at people to sit down and be respectful?!

Some of those people who will not sit down are actually poeple who have problems who can't sit down on the playa.
I believe we should help them out! I was thinking of a couple of areas spread out around the temple burn, At the apropriate safe distance to set up benches for those in need! And have some volunteers to assist people in need to those seats, and keep others who don't have problems off the benches.

Not all or even half of those people get an awesome ride in an art car with a great veiw. Or can ride a bike due to their condition.
Let us come together and figure out a solution! Let us unite and make this a reality to make a zen/peaceful atmosphere!

DPW can not be taking care of evey little problem we have such as sitting down to be polite! We must all come to gething to work towards a solution!
Pelow

Re: Problem at the TEMPLE BURN!!

Postby Simon of the Playa » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:47 pm

oh sit down, shut up and drink the fucking kool-aid.

ZEN sucks.
breathe deep, the playa is the dust of your ancestors

A gift for the Playa
Simon of the Playa

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Postby Pelow » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:32 pm

Great opinion Simon.
All I'm saying is if someone wants to make some benches for the disabled, that would be great!
I'm not saying be nice to the rest of the people who wont sit down for they have no respect for others.
I had to listen for the first start of the temple burn to people yelling non stop for other people to sit down. I lost a very dear friend of mine this year and the last thing I wanted to hear is people yelling back and forth while My 2 freinds and I are mourning over our friend! Trying to find a solution to stop half or most of this problem does help other people in their experiance.
Pelow

Postby jkisha » Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:09 pm

Pelow wrote:Great opinion Simon.
All I'm saying is if someone wants to make some benches for the disabled, that would be great!
I'm not saying be nice to the rest of the people who wont sit down for they have no respect for others.
I had to listen for the first start of the temple burn to people yelling non stop for other people to sit down. I lost a very dear friend of mine this year and the last thing I wanted to hear is people yelling back and forth while My 2 freinds and I are mourning over our friend! Trying to find a solution to stop half or most of this problem does help other people in their experiance.

Have you ever thought of going around to the back side of the temple to watch the burn? And/or going a bit further back, away from the madding crowds? You should try it sometime.
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby Dr Helix » Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:14 pm

Pelow wrote:Great opinion Simon.

So make some. Bring them out and set up your area. If this is something you believe should happen, make it happen!
"Love, Rockets and write when you get work"
Dr Helix

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Interaction Cafe

Postby Pelow » Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:14 pm

We were thinking of going to the back, but went around the 3:00 to 2:00 area. And we we at the very back of everyone. But I guess my destination shall be at the back side of the temple from now on. Thanks for the tip jkisha!
Pelow

Postby jkisha » Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:20 pm

You're welcome. We've been doing that for several years now. We take out chairs and bring cocktails and have a great view and a much quieter time watching the burn; which I might add was phenomenal this year.

Pelow wrote:We were thinking of going to the back, but went around the 3:00 to 2:00 area. And we we at the very back of everyone. But I guess my destination shall be at the back side of the temple from now on. Thanks for the tip jkisha!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby Pelow » Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:21 pm

So make some. Bring them out and set up your area. If this is something you believe should happen, make it happen!

I was thinking of doing so, but I don't know if I would have time to do so when I'm going to school. But I'm sure I could figure something out, perhaps even try to get a grant for it or get some donations of wood! Thanks for that Dr Helix!
Pelow

Return to 2011 Share Resources