Lost Lowe Alpine backpack with (passport) inside

Lost Lowe Alpine backpack with (passport) inside

Postby mike18387 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:02 am

Hi there,

I was a build crew member for the Irish Core effigy this year and all went amazingly well thanks to some great help from you guys,thanks. However, I was at the Y junction leaving Burning Man on the Sunday night/Monday morning getting a rideshare at around 2.30am or so. I had a backpack with allot of important valuables in it. It is a Lowe Alpine small back pack, it is navy and grey in color. Inside there is an Irish passport(which is one of the big problems), my drivers license (pink in color and Irish), my wallet(brown leather), Large wine colored folder with some documents inside,My digital camera(really want my photo's),iPod and small black speakers there is a burning man book and some burner documents along with a Echart Tolle book and there are some other things like disposable camera's.

This is a major worry for me as I need my passport.Allot of the items can be replaced but at a cost and the things like pictures, burning man memorabilia and notes cannot be replaced. Please email me as soon as any word arrives.I have contacted the Irish consulate in San Francisco and see what can be done on their side.

My name is Michael Eoin O Connor displayed on the passport and it would be on some of the documents in the bag. I am also very willing to pay any shipping or delivery charges if it can be returned. I also have friends in Reno that are ready to take anything from someone if that makes it easier. I have a few contacts in America so again whatever makes it easier.

Thanks
Last edited by mike18387 on Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
mike18387

Re: Lost Lowe Alpine backpack (passport)

Postby mdmf007 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:20 pm

Mike -

That blows, If the Irish consulate works anything like the US Consulates abroad do they should be able to verify your identity, and issue a new passport. I lost mine last year in Israel, the consulate was able to verify my identity and issue on the spot. Pain in the ass - but I can guarantee your not the first Irishman to lose their docs in the US.

good luck.

Also - I know your hurting, but I had to erase the cross posted posts. update this thread as often as you want to bring it to the top. In fact ill make it sticky for a while
One of the Meanie Greenies (Figjam 2013)
mdmf007

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: ESD

Re: Lost Lowe Alpine backpack with (passport) inside

Postby mike18387 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:31 am

Ya thats no problem, thanks for your advice. I am still awaiting any feedback on the missing item. I am also willing to pay any shipping charges etc for the item to be shipped back if someone kindly returns it.

Apologies for posting in a few differnet threads, I was just unsure which one it was best to leave my message on. Thanks for your help and I will hold out in hope that something is returned.

Mike.
mike18387

Re: Lost Lowe Alpine backpack with (passport) inside

Postby cragland » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:58 pm

I HAVE IT I HAVE IT I HAVE IT! I grabbed it at the hitchhiking spot cus peeps said you had left a long while before. I am in Arizona, and will be happy to mail you your belongings asap. Sorry it took me so long to get a hold of you, ive never hunted someone down before :). My number is 206-227-0857 and my email is cevrmadness@gmail.com. get me!
cragland

Return to ID (Drivers Licenses, Passports, Wallets, Purses)