RV Rental you were happy with?

Ideas, advice, tips, and tricks regarding shelter, shade, tents, and camping. Yes, this includes RV's too.

RV Rental you were happy with?

Postby jcliff » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:54 am

Hi Friends,

I'm hoping to jump on an RV rental for next year and hoping I may get some feedback from this year's renters. Any companies that you were happy with? Any that we should stear clear of? Thanks for the input!
jcliff

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Lamplighter Village

Re: RV Rental you were happy with?

Postby Bob » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:01 am

Is it time to bitch-slap people for not using the proper Preparation topic area, or too soon?
Amazing desert structures & stuff: http://sites.google.com/site/potatotrap/

"Let us say I suggest you may be human." -- Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam
Bob

Burning Since: 1986
Camp Name: Royaneh

Postby jcliff » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:25 am

Hey Bob....guess what? If my posting in the wrong area is the worst thing that happens to you today, you're gonna be just fine. In my opinion the worst thing about eplaya is not the people who make a mistake in posting, it's the sactimonious veterans that go out of their way to embarass people who do.
jcliff

Postby Bob » Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:32 am

Volunteers just went to a great deal of trouble to create new more detailed topic areas just for *you*.

Perhaps they erred in not putting all RV discussions all in one magical rainbow kingdom.

Bob

Postby jcliff » Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:40 pm

Man o Man....if you are this bitchy on eplaya, how bitchy are you on playa?
jcliff

Postby dragonpilot » Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:20 pm

My ol' gamps said never argue with a idiot...after awhile ya can't tell the difference...
Don't bore your friends with all your troubles. Tell your enemies instead, for they will delight in hearing about them.
dragonpilot

Burning Since: 2005

Postby Eric » Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:46 pm

And, back on subject.

This is a thread from earlier this year covering RV companies. The search function on ePlaya sucks, the easiest way to research old posts is to google "ePlaya AND (subject)"

Big note- someone has had a problem with almost every company; make sure you look up the threads on cleaning RV's & making them "playa safe" as well.
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly
Eric

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby Bob » Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:58 pm

Eric wrote:The search function on ePlaya sucks, the easiest way to research old posts is to google "ePlaya AND (subject)".

Thanks for the validation of my frequent suggestion, though the proper syntax is "site:eplaya.burningman.com AND (subject)".

Some people think this is Facebook, or Twitter. Unlike Twitter, the eplaya doesn't have its own theme camp.

Bob

Postby theCryptofishist » Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:02 pm

Bob wrote: Unlike Twitter, the eplaya doesn't have its own theme camp.

Oh crud. I have just had a vision of horror. Since the llc and twitter are on the same block now...they will merge and every camp will be twitter camp. The Blue Bird of Happiness...
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby essjay » Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:52 pm

jcliff wrote:Hi Friends,

I'm hoping to jump on an RV rental for next year and hoping I may get some feedback from this year's renters. Any companies that you were happy with? Any that we should stear clear of? Thanks for the input!

Lately, we have been using a small local company that knows us and gives us deals. Prior to that, I had mixed results with the national chains. Most are now requiring an excessive cleaning deposit, so you are faced with doing a good job of cleaning to get your $ back. I've had poor experiences with CruiseAmerica (bad service, long lines, and they only rent bare-bones RVs with no slide-outs). I've gad better experiences with El Monte and Road Bear.

After having done RVs for many years, we are probably making the switch to hexa-yurts this year. We already have a sufficient outdoor kitchen and large shade-structure, and the yurts provide more personal space. Climbing over 5 roommates in an RV is getting old.
essjay

Return to Shelter & Camping