"Board Meeting" Art Car

"Board Meeting" Art Car

Postby sparklefairyprincess » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:55 pm

FUCKING AWESOME. probably one of my favorite art cars/thing is general I saw on the playa. Just wanted to say that, in case some one else saw it and loved it did not know it existed out there :)
SUPER GIRL!!!!
sparklefairyprincess

Re: "Board Meeting" Art Car

Postby sparklefairyprincess » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:56 pm

whoops I meant saw it and loved it OR missed it and didn't know it existed.
SUPER GIRL!!!!
sparklefairyprincess

Postby mazatta » Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:58 am

I guess I sort of missed the concept if this was what it was supposed to be, but I still found it amusing. I just thought it was about people in formal attire mocking others for being "under dressed" at Burning Man. Still, it was hilarious!
mazatta

Postby trueform » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:26 am

I thought it was pretty funny. They would only let people on that were ready to "talk business".
trueform

Postby Lassen Forge » Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:31 pm

I saw them once, and thought it was great, altho when I did see them, they were obviously on their coffee break... or maybe having their 12 martini lunches...
Lassen Forge

Location: Where it's always... Wednesday. Don't lose your head over it.

Postby Savannah » Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:45 pm

I loved the Board Meeting Artcar! If I remember correctly, it was just a big boardroom table surrounded by Office Depot swivel chairs, with a Boss at one end in front of a large whiteboard. They went zipping past Medical the day before gates opened just as the Boss at the head of the table was saying to his underlings in a very corporate tone "Nice work, everyone." :lol:

I wish I knew the people that made it. I'd have brought a suit and been ready to spearhead some initiatives.
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby Lassen Forge » Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:51 pm

I know... I wonder if they would allow my Power Point on bolstering our Plummeting Playadust Production...

(I even have the power suit...)
(Shit, one more thing to bring to the playa...)
Lassen Forge

Location: Where it's always... Wednesday. Don't lose your head over it.

Postby sparklefairyprincess » Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:21 pm

Haha. I made the joke that it was the Illuminati's art car. buahahahaha! I only saw it zipping by once... just made my day. I dont know why exactly, but I just loved it.
SUPER GIRL!!!!
sparklefairyprincess

Postby graidawg » Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:24 pm

i bet they hated the free money from the banks things.
completely unconcerned.
"Savannah" I like it . . . it makes us sound forward-thinking, and not at all like trailblazing, professional-level procrastinors.
the rest of us are in the School of Fukkit. "Eric"
graidawg

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dread Pirate barbie

Postby felony » Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:42 pm

A couple of the Boosh boys suited up in 2009 or 2010 for that art car- I remember it was very hot weather, they came trudging back to camp in thier monkey suits, hot and tired. Apparently when they "downsize" you are asked to leave the art car - no matter where it is in the city- They had a long hot walk home.
felony

Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp

Postby Stickygreen » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:49 pm

I sent the creator of the board meeting art car this thread..

i love that thing to. I remember seeing it my first year ant BM, 2007, they were going to drive past, but we stopped them with our many, many obnoxious insults. what a great group of people, it was a couple years later i found out that i live in the same city as these guys... it is a small world sometimes...
)'(
Stickygreen

Postby Savannah » Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:05 pm

I think the reason I loved the Boardroom Art Car is because it's mobile performance art. Plenty of art cars are gorgeous or wow, but the Boardroom is funny, and--since it's not an animal, or a ship with people dancing at you from the top--it's unexpected.

And with the mention of downsizing, it sounds like they really commit to concept. :lol:

I feel a bit bad for the monkey suit guys, but you can't expect a return trip on most art cars, honestly.
Savannah

Postby felony » Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:51 am

No judgement from the Boosh boys long walk- as a matter of fact it was with wry amusement they informed my they had been downsized. I was just remembering what a hell of a day it was for a long walk. I don't know if they even tried to get a ride back. I just adding what I knew of the board room and downsizing is a part of it.
felony

Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp

Postby mazatta » Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:54 pm

felony wrote:A couple of the Boosh boys suited up in 2009 or 2010 for that art car- I remember it was very hot weather, they came trudging back to camp in thier monkey suits, hot and tired. Apparently when they "downsize" you are asked to leave the art car - no matter where it is in the city- They had a long hot walk home.

Even funnier if they would've given them a Bankers Box to pack all their belongings into!
mazatta

Postby Savannah » Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:56 pm

With a fake plant and a souvenir coffee mug at the top. :shock:
Savannah

Postby dadara » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:07 am

graidawg wrote:i bet they hated the free money from the banks things.

A lot of people who visited our bank told us about the board meeting car, but we never got to see it, until Friday end of the day, just a few minutes before we were done with our performance after a hard week of very long banking hours. They drove by, stopped and all came to the bank, giving us business cards, saying 'we hope we can do some business in the future', but then didn't seem very prepared for the meeting and all left again in a hurry back to the comfort zone of their car. We were very happy though that we saw them just before we packed up and could start to enjoy our weekend off. (Bankers don't work on Saturday)

I personally would love to see more stuff which, once it gets to the Playa, will also involve interactive performance and theater instead of just being an installation which people can admire and climb on.
CEO and Founder
Exchanghibition Bank
The Art of Turning Art into Money
[url]http://www.artasmoney.com[/url]
dadara

Return to 2011 Art & Performance