WTB(/Rent): Your Camper/Motorhome/RV :)

Materials and expertise...whether you need them or have them to share, you can let folks know here.

WTB(/Rent): Your Camper/Motorhome/RV :)

Postby emily_alice » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:05 am

Ahoy,

I returned from the playa to remember that I had moved into my little car the day I left - which is exciting and frustrating as it means I get to "leave" but it also necessitates I sleep on my office floor for the next couple weeks (as if I wasn't there too much already). That said, I have a new job that will be taking me alllllllllll over North America for the next nine months. To facilitate this, I want a motorhome in which to live and travel. I would like to buy or rent yours - or maybe your moms or your aunts or your neighbors or something. A work truck that you can stand-up in and in which I could install a small bathing greywater system is also desirable.

So - did you just get back from home and discover you have a motorhome you don't know what to do with for the next 51 weeks? Or, that you are leaving for Asia and need to unload your small truck and camper? WE CAN HELP EACH OTHER. Whatchya got?

Any leads or ideas are greatly appreciated.

Loves,
Emily Alice
emily_alice

Re: WTB(/Rent): Your Camper/Motorhome/RV :)

Postby wedeliver » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:10 am

Hi, it looks like you are in for an adventure, but I noticed that you don't indicate what part of the world you are in. It might help if you let us know where you are since physical items that are to large to mail are being discussed.

Also I suggest you go online and check ebay, craigs list (maybe better then ebay) and your private party adds in your local paper. good luck with your efforts.
I'm a topless shirtcocking yahoo hippie

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com
wedeliver

Postby emily_alice » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:27 am

I am in Southern California (Santa Barbara) right now, but am willing and able to go to or arrange for a pick-up anywhere in North America for the right opportunity. It would be great to have this happenstance result in seeing a new part of our world and making a new friend, too!

...ea
emily_alice

Postby Cheyenne » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:37 am

I seem to remember one of our camp mates saying he is getting rid of his old motorhome after this burn - it would need a lot of work doing on it but it is a 21ft tioga I think...

If you are interested, I can ask if he still intends on getting rid of it... it had issues getting out to the Playa this year

He is located in LA

Go Tigers!
Cheyenne

Postby emily_alice » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:05 am

Thanks for looking out, Cheyenne! :) I'm more in the market for something ready to go really far really soon - across the country on Tuesday, so I don't think I'm the one. Cheers :) emily alice
emily_alice

Postby ibdave » Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:39 pm

I would look at the big RV Rental place's.. They sell off the old as the new comes in.. hell maybe you'll get one that has playa dust in the air ducts for that highly sought after "Playa Blast" when you turn the heaters on... 8) 8)

But really, they keep them up and if your heading out on this awesome trip, that's what you need... Safe Trip... 8) 8)
I was Born OK the 1st Time....

Don't bring defaultia to Burning Man, take Burning Man to defaultia...... graidawg
ibdave

Burning Since: 1998

Postby EspressoDude » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:01 am

Many RV places sell their 'older' units within a few weeks at auctions. Contact a RV rental outfit and follow the trail to the auctions. Perfect timing.
Is 4 shots enuff? no foo-foo drinks; just naked Espresso
Tactical Espresso Service http://home.comcast.net/~espressocamp/
Field Artillery Tractor
FOGBANK, GOD OF HELLFIRE
BLACK ROCK f/x Trojan Horse,Anubis,2014Temple
burn shit and blow shit up
EspressoDude

Return to 2011 Share Resources