who was the punk rock electric cello player

who was the punk rock electric cello player

Postby BSTUNO » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:46 pm

Who was the punk rock electric cello player at burning man 09?

They were located around 7-8 esplanade and were playing on the 2nd story of the camp balcony when I saw them.

Cant remember the name of the camp or group, but they were pretty hardcore and punk rock looking, and the lead guy was shredding his electric cello.

It would be cool to figure it out.

Thanks,

-Justin
BSTUNO

Postby theCryptofishist » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:20 pm

ou could start by looking at your map and figure out what camps where (supposed to be) there. Then look on the main site for contact info.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby BSTUNO » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:24 pm

I think it's Dustfish

The balcony looked the one in this pic. [url]http://www.dustfish.org[/url]

Cant seem to find any artist line up.
BSTUNO

Re: who was the punk rock electric cello player

Postby meyday » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:09 pm

it was chris lancaster who lives in brooklyn . that was camp vertical. they also built troy.
meyday

Postby ihanna » Wed May 30, 2012 5:37 am

BSTUNO wrote:Who was the punk rock electric cello player at burning man 09?

They were located around 7-8 esplanade and were playing on the 2nd story of the camp balcony when I saw them.

Cant remember the name of the camp or group, but they were pretty hardcore and punk rock looking, and the lead guy was shredding his electric cello.

It would be cool to figure it out.

Thanks,

-Justin

Hi justin!
I have also the same sentiments. I would also love to find out who is the punk playing cello, I've searched in the google but can't seem to find it. :( Thanks in advanced.
ihanna

Burning Since: 1993

Postby catinthefunnyhat » Wed May 30, 2012 9:23 am

Could it have been this person?
[Phat Man Dee/Mandy Kivowitz] is a stylist, a diva, a circus performer, a punk-rock cellist, a cook at the annual Burning Man festival (a desert gathering of artists and/or freaks in the sweltering heat of Nevada that ends every year in a fire) and a belly dancer who handles a snake named Cat A. Tonic.

Or maybe this person? She has also performed at Burning Man, but I don't know what year(s).
[Zoë Keating] she uses live electronic sampling and repetition in order to layer the sound of her cello, creating rhythmically dense musical structures.

There's also a beatboxing cellist who's performed at Burning Man, although I doubt that's what you meant.

I wasn't there, so I don't have any idea. Just throwing out a few leads I found on the Google. Your question intrigued me.
If you want drama to stop following you everywhere, try letting go of the leash.
catinthefunnyhat

Return to 2009 Art & Performance