Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro Needs Your Dollies again

Rides, Resources, Obtainium.
This a GIFTING forum only - no buying, selling, or bartering.

Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro Needs Your Dollies again

Postby Dr. Pyro » Sun Dec 28, 2003 3:46 pm

For it's fifth year, "The Friendliest Concentration Camp On The Playa" would like your donations of old worthless used and abused Barbies. Mail them to me, Dr. Pyro at: Dr. Pyro/PO Box 173/Penryn, CA 95663. Remember, at BDC&WB, we put the Barbie into bar-be-que.
Dr. Pyro

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Postby NaughtySnowAngel » Sun Dec 28, 2003 6:51 pm

I wish I had a Barbie for you to burn.....but long ago I ripped all their heads off and my Mom figured out that I am not a Barbie Girl living in a Barbie World.
NaughtySnowAngel

Postby Dr. Pyro » Thu Jan 29, 2004 12:09 pm

Hi gang. Now that Xmas is over and your kids no longer are playing with their Barbies or Kens, feel free to ship them off to us. We will find a good home for them at Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro!

The Doc
Dr. Pyro

Postby kelliy » Fri Feb 20, 2004 8:19 am

i am going to go to good will and some yard sales to try and find you some.this is my first bm and this is a camp i really want to participate in
butterfly in pcb, fl
kelliy

Postby Dr. Pyro » Sat Feb 21, 2004 9:48 am

Yo Kelliy! I appreciate your interest! We have had, in the past years, great location and lots of interaction. Come on by, have some wine (of course!), an Otter Pop should you be so inclined, a cold beer, etc. I like to put the Barbies that are sent to me on center stage; either being hung on the gallows, crucified out front, or perhaps not escaping from the burning Barbie mansion or being crushed by the Barbie plane. We are looking forward to meeting you come Burntime!
Dr. Pyro

Postby Das Bus » Sat Feb 21, 2004 4:32 pm

Hey Doc!

Becca was decorating some barbies for you yesterday, so I'm gonna get a big ol' box and send them to you. BTW: Her medium is duct tape and string. ; )
Medicated and Motivated!
Das Bus

Postby Dr. Pyro » Wed Feb 25, 2004 4:27 pm

Duct tape and string? I get all hot and bothered just thinking about it.
Dr. Pyro

Bad Barbie, no Malibu Cruiser for you!

Postby DragonFly! » Wed Mar 03, 2004 5:29 pm

Greetings Doc Pyro!

DragonFly! of the Black Rock Travel Agency here! I already have a couple of naked Barbies for your harem of plastic tramps.

They actually arrived here with clothes on, but quickly disrobed. As you know, nudity is a woman's natural reaction to meeting the Agents of the BRTA. Not that we mind, but it can be socially embarrassing at times. ;^)

Be sure to stop in at the Airport this summer to say hi and pick up some Barbie restock. Your superb wine donation last year was put to EXCELLENT use, and I'm hoping to return the favor.
DragonFly!

Postby Dr. Pyro » Thu Mar 04, 2004 9:51 am

BARBIE COLLECTION UPDATE #1: Barbies collected from my friends on the e-playa and 3playa to date: six! I would like to personally thank Das Bus (hi Lora!) and her lovely daughter Becca for the fine additions to my little holiday camp. The man burns six months from today!

The Doc
Dr. Pyro

Postby Das Bus » Fri Mar 05, 2004 1:16 am

Hey Doc! Glad the girls made it safely! See ya in six months! : )
Medicated and Motivated!
Das Bus

Postby Dr. Pyro » Thu May 20, 2004 3:53 pm

BARBIE COLLECTION UPDATE #2: Number of Barbies collected to date from my friends on the eplaya and 3playa: 8! Two arrived over the weekend in a plain wrapped box. So whoever was nice enough to send them along, thank you! It's May, so let's get the Barbies rolling in!

Doc
Dr. Pyro

Postby rubyredalys » Thu May 20, 2004 4:47 pm

doc,

can they be out of barbie's extended fam network?

(such as ken, the latina, skipper, the dog....etc.)

-a
"what you mean there ain't no grits?"

now with more vitamin delish!
rubyredalys

mmmm.... cookies....

Postby DancingTofu » Fri May 21, 2004 5:58 am

Do I get an extra cookie if I can scare up a My Size Barbie for you? I'll look into it. You guys let me pass out in your shade one time, after driving all night and all day and not being able to find my camp. You guys rock!

Also, have you seen this? http://www.spatulaproductions.com/spatula/barbies.html

x<:3 ratty loves you.
--manda, Daughter of the Cantaloupes
DancingTofu

Postby Dr. Pyro » Fri May 21, 2004 6:45 am

A few comments:

RRA (as the 3playans took to calling you): Yes, we do take the extended family. We are an equal opprotunity offender. Send me an e-mail offline and I'll give you a few insights about the Wheeeee!villians. All-in-all, some pretty good people. I am the only one (that I can think of) who has attended each of the past three Meet 'N' Greets (BDC&WB hosted it last year and we probably will this year too) and I was a little saddened about a few of the responses you got. Not as cool as it should have been.

DancingTofu: We would love another My Size Barbie. We have one (it used to belong to my now eight-year-old) and it became the hood orniment on our artcar the night of the burn last year. I'm glad you enjoyed our hospitality (make sure to look up our camp in the current 2004 Themecamps thread and check out our URL) and that we were gracious hosts. We pride ourselves on being very inclusive and welcome all citizens of Black Rock City. Come on by for some wine, an Otter Pop, or a beer and say hi. Always like flirting, uh, I mean welcoming again old friends. And the Barbie thread was cool. I hadn't yet seen that one!

Doc
Dr. Pyro

Postby Dr. Pyro » Wed May 26, 2004 5:45 pm

BARBIE COLLECTION UPDATE #3: Barbies collected to date from my friends on the eplaya and 3playa: 13! I want to thank PJ (thanx Peej and my prayers are with you and yours my friend) for the five Barbies that arrived just today. They will be properly presented at our little holiday resort. And remember, everyone drop by BDC&WB for a glass of wine or an Otter Pop. Doctor's orders.

Doc
Dr. Pyro

Postby Dr. Pyro » Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:24 am

BARBIE COLLECTION UPDATE #4: Number of Barbies collected from my friends on the eplaya and 3playa to date: 21 plus five "Kens", making it 26! I want to thank AntiM for her wonderful donation which included an Ozzie Osbourne and a wheel-chair bound, uh, Christopher Reeves? Hard to say for sure, but they both will be prominently displayed. You people are simply amazing!

Doc
Dr. Pyro

Postby Dr. Pyro » Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:36 pm

FINAL BARBIE DEATH CAMP UPDATE!

After getting so many wonderful responses (SunsetRed, I'm still awaiting yours, sweetness) the final tally of all Barbies at BDC&WB looks like it will top out just over 500 Barbies! Admittedly, most of those have been collected over the past five years, but from last Burning Man until now, we have managed to collect over 150 new Barbies. Make sure to stop by "The Friendliest Concentration Camp On The Playa", have a glass of wine, Otter Pop, or some other light refreshment and see our creations. Again, thank you all for your generous support and we will still be welcoming Barbies at camp if you'd like to drop them off in person. By the way, we are a photography-friendly camp, so feel free to take as many pictures as you want but be forewarned: You may have your picture taken also! Check out our URL under the themecamp listings for 2004 [WARNING: If nudity and weirdness offend you, stay away!].
Dr. Pyro

Postby Dustdevil » Sun Jul 25, 2004 1:24 pm

My Dear Doctor,

Are you still seeking Barbies for the Death Camp? Today I found a dozen or so seeking refuge at a flea market in Concord. I ambushed them and took them into custody. If you still need them let me know whether to bring them to the Playa or send them to you directly.
Those who think they can and those who think they can't are both right.
Dustdevil

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: Brain Freeze / Got Stickers Camp

Postby Dr. Pyro » Wed Aug 04, 2004 8:05 am

BARBIE COLLECTION UPDATE #6: Barbies and Kens collected from my friends on the eplaya and 3playa to date: 35! I want to thank Dustdevil for his nice addition of nine Barbies; they arrived this morning. That makes the total number of Barbies (and their ilk) at Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro a whopping 589! If I can get my hands on some PVC pipe (nine pieces, about 3 1/2 to 4 feet long), these new darlings will be strapped to very large skyrockets and prominently displayed in our camp. And should a careless Burner with a lit cigarette just happen to get too close to the fuse, well, as they say, accidents happen.

Doc
Dr. Pyro

Light up boobies

Postby Friendly Jen » Fri Aug 06, 2004 8:24 am

I wil try and make you a barbie with light up boobies as is my specialty and deliver it on playa.
Friendly Jen

Postby Dr. Pyro » Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:14 am

Heart be still!
Dr. Pyro

Postby nostratomas » Thu Aug 19, 2004 1:03 am

I just found a giant Barbie in my garage. Never let a tweaker, trash collecting friend of yours share a garage.

I know your work and it is primarily "regular" sized barbies. But I would like to personally deliver to you this big ass bitch.

Tomas Verde
good friend of Tommy Bigfinger
If you can't ride it, burn it.
nostratomas

Postby Dr. Pyro » Fri Aug 20, 2004 4:18 am

Bring her along! Our little "holiday camp" needs guards too!
Dr. Pyro

Return to 2004 Share