Condition of Heart Attack Guy at 9:00 and I?

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.

Condition of Heart Attack Guy at 9:00 and I?

Postby RavenKat » Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:20 pm

Hi there:

I'm hoping that someone can give me some positive news on a guy who thought he was having a heart attack a few hours after the Temple Burn this year. I happened to be walking past his RV when I heard him cry out for help. I hollered for the Rangers and Ian on a bike flew off and got them, as well as an ambulance (thanks, Ian). I went into the RV and held his hand until they arrived. I can't stop thinking about him and wondering if he's okay.

Also, a big thank you to the awesome Rangers who came to the rescue and even waited for me outside the loo to make sure I was okay. Thank you, Rangers - you rock!!

Take good care ~ thanks to everyone for making this year amazing!

Loves,

Raven
RavenKat

Re: Condition of Heart Attack Guy at 9:00 and I?

Postby Savannah » Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:43 pm

Thanks to you & Ian for your quick work. :)

While no one from Emergency Services or other official departments would be able to speak to what happened (patient privacy laws are strict), perhaps someone knows him and will tell him about your post, and then it would be up to him--if he wanted to. Lots of maybes in that scenario. (It's a long shot, but weirder things have happened.)

The Afterburn Report on the main site will eventually (in a few months) list the number of fatalities and medical transports from the playa under "Playa Safety" > "Emergency Services".

http://afterburn.burningman.com/

Deaths are so few (one or none, typically) that I have noticed them mention age and gender and the most basic description possible--a fall, a suicide, or illness. But that's pretty much it.

Sometimes you have to be contented with the fact that you were very much there when somebody needed you. Well done.
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby trilobyte » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:42 pm

There was only one fatality at the event, and it happened earlier in the week. So while I don't have any specific news about the person in question, it sounds as if with your help (as well as the Rangers and ESD staff) that he made it. Very well done. You might want to post in the Lost & Found board under Humans to try and reach out to him/his campmates.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby Gen ov eve » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:00 pm

trilobyte wrote:There was only one fatality at the event, and it happened earlier in the week. So while I don't have any specific news about the person in question, it sounds as if with your help (as well as the Rangers and ESD staff) that he made it. Very well done. You might want to post in the Lost & Found board under Humans to try and reach out to him/his campmates.

Unless you are talking about the young woman who was camped where I was, there was more than one fatality. Sad but true :( It was an aneurysm.
Gen ov eve

Postby trueform » Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:03 am

Gen ov eve wrote:Unless you are talking about the young woman who was camped where I was, there was more than one fatality. Sad but true :( It was an aneurysm.

My friend is good friends with her boyfriend and just told me the news. Very sad indeed.
trueform

Postby Gen ov eve » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:24 am

I had just met her that week, and she was a true beauty. I believe they were engaged. But, the place was a good one for it to happen, no doubt. If I were to die of natural cause, BRC would be a good place to do so.
Gen ov eve

Return to Experiences at Burning Man