How can I participate in Burning Man 2012??

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.

How can I participate in Burning Man 2012??

Postby zackattackdigital » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:47 pm

I want to subjectively analyze and [color=#4040FF]critique the event. I want to study. How can I do this without offending/scaring off/or insinuating Elitism? Please be brief in your descriptions of experience at previous Burning Man concerts.

FYI; I do not plan to go in 2011, rather 2012. (unless it already happened). :P

give feedback on previous experiences and DATES please! time is of value to all of my studies.

///edit:: posted by an undergraduate

BIO: I am very much into enlightenment, "The Godhead" as mentioned by Krystle Cole, and other various topics including psychedelic research for further therapeutic analyses. Therefore, please consider my existence. Thank youuuu ;)
[/color]
zackattackdigital

Re: How can I participate in Burning Man 2012??

Postby SnowBlind » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:50 pm

I think you should reconsider and go this year. I hear this year is going to be an awesome Burning Man concert.
SnowBlind

Postby hookahdude » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:11 pm

First post is snark free. All posts required after first post will have increasing values of snark.
Concerning research:
I highly recommend that the first 2 stages of research are:
1) Read the Burning Man site top to bottom, front to back.
2) Lurk on the boards a bit before placiong a post like this.

If you follow those two suggestions, you may find this to be a very accepting community who might be willing to help. I would also recommend searching eplaya for similar threads and "Projects" or "Studies" that people have performed or attempted as this is, really, nothing new and fascinating for people here to see.

In your research, you might find a specific angle that differes from what the denizens of eplaya have seen before.

Make it interesting so that we find it interesting and will be more likely to respond in kind.
Last edited by hookahdude on Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hookahdude

Postby ibdave » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:13 pm

last years study was better... :roll:
I was Born OK the 1st Time....

Don't bring defaultia to Burning Man, take Burning Man to defaultia...... graidawg
ibdave

Burning Since: 1998

Postby jkisha » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:25 am

Hey there, welcome to eplaya!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby trilobyte » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:56 am

Welcome to ePlaya. Good luck with your study, though you may want to consider dramatically improving your skills at research and deduction if you want to do well in your coursework. Based on your post, it doesn't look like you've read much from the main site, my recommendation would be to click the link at the top left, and start exhaustively reading the materials regarding the event and preparation as a starting off point. From there, you'll be in a much better position to speak intelligently about the event, and to begin to gain an understanding of what's going on.

Blind ignorance and demonstrating that you haven't done even the basic background reading will likely offend some, so you may have already crossed that line. It's early though, there's still plenty of time for you to put the time in and do things right.

I'm going to move this thread over to 'Experiences At Burning Man' because I think it's a better fit. Good luck.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby Trishntek » Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:02 am

Okay, as gently as I can possibly say it,,,,, Don't expect us to do your homework.

If you really want an answer to your question, you better know the question first!

If you expect to be spoon-fed information in this forum, you will be deeply disappointed.

THERE'S A WHOLE WEBSITE AT YOUR FINGERTIPS! DO IT YOURSELF!
RETROFROLIC, the place of Pink, Pain and Pleasure!
http://www.retrofrolic.com
Some call me Tnt,,,, works for me!
Trishntek

Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Retrofrolic!

Postby Timezone LaFontaine » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:22 am

zackattackdigital wrote:FYI; I do not plan to go in 2011, rather 2012. (unless it already happened). :P

Unfortunately for you, 2012 did already happen. If you'd do a bit of research, you'd know that Burning Man runs in primarily in reverse chronological order, with certain nonlinear/random aberrations. Veterans lose one year of experience each year until arriving at their birginity. Then they are forced to work the food court until the event ultimately ends on Baker Beach.
Timezone LaFontaine

Burning Since: 2006

Postby graidawg » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:30 pm

Timezone LaFontaine wrote:
zackattackdigital wrote:FYI; I do not plan to go in 2011, rather 2012. (unless it already happened). :P

Unfortunately for you, 2012 did already happen. If you'd do a bit of research, you'd know that Burning Man runs in primarily in reverse chronological order, with certain nonlinear/random aberrations. Veterans lose one year of experience each year until arriving at their birginity. Then they are forced to work the food court until the event ultimately ends on Baker Beach.

I knew i was doing it wrong!
completely unconcerned.
"Savannah" I like it . . . it makes us sound forward-thinking, and not at all like trailblazing, professional-level procrastinors.
the rest of us are in the School of Fukkit. "Eric"
graidawg

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dread Pirate barbie

Postby theCryptofishist » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:42 pm

Just curious. Is English your first language? Please don't take it as an insult, it just seemed a little "off" idiomatically. We often question people who are trying to study the burn, but I can understand if someone who's not completely comfortable with English couldn't read a lot of the main site.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Return to Experiences at Burning Man