reCAPTCHA

Discuss the policies of ePlaya here.

reCAPTCHA

Postby trilobyte » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:14 pm

FYI, I got the site configured and switched us over to Google's reCAPTCHA system this morning. Google has the resources and the interest in staying on top of the challenge/captcha technology and try to keep spambots at bay (if only because spammers are their competition), and it is my hope that help keep a few more spammers away from the site.

The rest of the mods will of course continue to keep a watchful eye on the site, but if you should run into any hiccups using reCAPTCHA or notice anything odd during logins, feel free to send me a PM, or email me at trilobyte(at)me(dot)com and I'll take a look into it.

Cheers!
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Re: reCAPTCHA

Postby gaminwench » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:16 pm

THANK YOU!!!
"I'm sorry, but just the thought of a non-controversial thread on ePlaya is controversial." jk
gaminwench

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: DOTA, EoD, OBOP

Postby jkisha » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:24 pm

Yea!
OK, Since returning from the Burn, I am actually impressed. Things are really starting to get done around here. Kudos to you and anyone else involved in the process; but somehow I think it's mostly you.
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby ibdave » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:32 pm

8) :D 8)
I was Born OK the 1st Time....

Don't bring defaultia to Burning Man, take Burning Man to defaultia...... graidawg
ibdave

Burning Since: 1998

Postby Eric » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:38 pm

jkisha wrote:Yea!
OK, Since returning from the Burn, I am actually impressed. Things are really starting to get done around here. Kudos to you and anyone else involved in the process; but somehow I think it's mostly you.

You think right. Trilo is in SF so he can go sit on the Admins desk until things get done (or he gets the permissions to do it). If the other mods like AntiM or 007 had been in SF I think they would have done the same thing. There's something to be said for physical presence.
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

Regarding Ticket Scalpers and Scammers

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
BRC Weekly
Eric

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby jkisha » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:50 pm

Proximity might have something to do with it too, but I'm thinking Trilo is doing a lot of the tech work himself; in which case, knowledge is trumping location. (Though this is only speculation on my part.)
Eric wrote:
jkisha wrote:Yea!

You think right. Trilo is in SF so he can go sit on the Admins desk until things get done (or he gets the permissions to do it). If the other mods like AntiM or 007 had been in SF I think they would have done the same thing. There's something to be said for physical presence.
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:20 pm

Is it unacceptably snarky to suggest that Eric is in San Francisco, and between assignments which perfectly places him to admin's desk too...?
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby hookahdude » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:23 pm

THANK YOU!!!
Hookah Dude
"In war-time the word patriotism means suppression of truth” - Siegfried Sassoon
I AM AN ASSHAT!!!
(Shooting for 2012 with my better half!)
hookahdude

Postby Eric » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:32 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:Is it unacceptably snarky to suggest that Eric is in San Francisco, and between assignments which perfectly places him to admin's desk too...?

Careful what you ask for... :twisted:

I'm actually way too new a Mod to become an Admin, but I'm already on-call for Trilo if he needs me at the BMHQ
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

Regarding Ticket Scalpers and Scammers

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
BRC Weekly
Eric

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby trilobyte » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:47 am

Fo shizzle
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society