LOST AND FOUND TIPS FOR CAMERAS

All things outside of Burning Man.

LOST AND FOUND TIPS FOR CAMERAS

Postby mdmf007 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:20 pm

A lot of stuff is found and lost on playa every event.

If you find a camera, look through the pictures in hopes that the owner placed their info in it. Post a pic or two the person that lost it can identify, but not identify a person. Its nice to preserve privacy, but get your camera back as well.

Another technique I have used in the past when I find a camera is to take out the card and put it in your computer. Many times people (like myself) use their SD cards or other media to move files. These files may not show up on the camera, but will show on a computer. This sometimes makes it super simple to identify.

BM also has a link and an entire site just for cameras that are turned in. You can mail in and they will add it to the mix and on the site.

Good luck.
One of the Meanie Greenies (Figjam 2013)
mdmf007

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: ESD

Re: LOST AND FOUND TIPS FOR CAMERAS

Postby mattmelnicki » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:33 pm

might someone be so kind as to reply with the aforementioned link to the camera-specific lost & found webpage?
== EASTERN WASHINGTON: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/kprburners/ ==
"Pins" // "Marzipan Man" // "Spines" (soon!)
mattmelnicki

Burning Since: 2010

Postby mdmf007 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:23 pm

will do as soon as it pops up - its a different link yearly
mdmf007

Postby carolsuveda » Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:07 am

Hi Playa Friends,

I believe I left the playa Monday afternoon without my black chunky (bigger than pant pocket size) Kodak Z1015 (I think...has a 15x zoom I believe) camera that had a rechargeable battery and Lexar 8 GB SD card inside it, full of BM pics including shots and video of the Playa Choir service Sunday. It should also have some night shots of the Temple and art on the playa near there.

If found, or it seems close to this description in case I got some aspect wrong, please contact me:
Carol Suveda (in Berkeley, CA)
(510) 734-5212
carolsuveda@gmail.com

Last remember using it on an art tour to the Temple Burn Sunday night on the vehicle used by the Dept of Mobility. Not sure if I left it on that vehicle or elsewhere (was also in Tweet N'Chill dome making a free phone call that night sitting on an inflatable chair on the floor.

Hoping some good news will be coming my way soon!

Thanks, Carol
carolsuveda

Postby lightbulb » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:42 am

Black Canon S90. looked well used. There are a lot of photos but there should be some pics of me and my sister jumping around in a mushroom castle, a whole lot of me and 3 girls riding around the playa and taking art photos and last pictures i took where on the man burn night.

Thanks Playa and you if you find it.

Lightbulb / Matt
+1 778 918 1929
lightbulb

Postby button33 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:38 pm

Thank you for the tips!!! I will keep on the look out..I lost my PINK SONY CYBER SHOT on the Playa the night of the burn near the thunderdome. I was not one of the smarter ones who thought to take a pic of my contact information should i lose it...the last pics taken were that of the man burning and the thunderdome. I don't care about the camera, just the pics :-)

...Thank you...

Ashley
(sacramento/san francisco)
ashley.takeoka@yahoo.com
button33

Postby Mwalker » Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:00 pm

Lost Black Canon Powershot camera. Small point and shoot. Lost Thursday daytime in the middle of the playa. If you scroll left to the 1st picture there is a picture of me getting my photo taken at the DMV. Random I know! If you look at BM pics the last are a few around the effigies. Please email me at rojekusc@gmail.com if you have any info. Hope to be reunited ; )
Mwalker

Postby Steve K » Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:58 pm

LOST Pentax Optio W80 Waterproof 12.1MP Digital Camera - please contact iamsik100@yahoo.com if found. Has pics\videos of my kids and a bunch of burning man shots. Lost after taking about 10 pics of the sunrise thru The Temple. Happy to give a reward. Thanks.
Steve K

Postby debbie » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:17 pm

Hi ,I lost my disposable, cardboard/plastic, green and white camera, without flash ,while riding in the critical tits parade on the playa with my daughter. I would be grateful to have the priceless photos of my families first trip to Burning Man returned to us. I will keep hoping that playa magic will follow me home to the default world.Love Deb debbiedelong@comcast.net
debbie

Postby BBadger » Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:23 am

Take a picture of a card with "If this camera is lost, please contact or return to: <name and contact information>" before you bring it.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.
BBadger

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby Bobsled » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:47 am

2011: lost my Black Canon Camera the night if the Temple Burn :( . The camera was in a black bag & gold/brown at the bottom. Should be a memory card & battery on the outer pocket.
The camera itself is a 20D with a 28-135MM lens. Last 15 photos should have sunset, two guys by the temple(before the burn), four guys meditation with statues, and photos of the playa after the burn Saturday.
Peace & Take Care :-)
(((((HUGS)))))
Bobsled
Bobsled

Postby slim26 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:37 am

How long does it usually take for the lost and found forum to be created? Also, for the camera site?
slim26

Postby bonnienyc » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:47 am

Hi i lost my silver digital camera, i think it is a cannon. There are very special and important pictures on there of me and my girlfriends travels through central and south america, including macchu pichuu, and a lot of pictures from the burn. There are pictures of the fur bar, which was my camp. I have long blonde hair. Please get back to me with any info at 818 451 9368 thanks sooo much! XOXOXOXO
bonnienyc

Postby jstout29 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:05 pm

Also lost a silver digital camera. Cannon 10 Mega pixel. Large LCD screen. Lost between 4:00 and I and 3:30 and E on the way to the man burning Saturday evening. Lots of pictures of our group with our art car, the bunny. Which is pink and furry all over with ears that go back with DJ set up on top. I will post an attachment here of the bunny. Very unique. I took a lot of really good pictures this year then lost it and would love to get it back. Please if you found it let me know.

Justin
970-819-1908
jstout29@gmail.com
Attachments
Bunny2.jpg
Bunny2.jpg (54.56 KiB) Viewed 1387 times
Bunny.JPG
Bunny.JPG (47.16 KiB) Viewed 1387 times
jstout29

Postby beckydono » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:24 pm

I've searched high & low on the BM website for the lost camera link. I found a camera at our camp and would love to connect it with its owner - if anyone finds the lost camera forum / link please post it here. (ps it's not any of the cameras already listed here :)
beckydono

Postby fatboldt » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:16 pm

Hi -

I've lost a 4G sd memory card from my camera sometime in the week. A long shot, I know, but I just had to try. Images would include shots of Winnemucca's MineShaft Bar, the Empire store and videos of arriving at the playa with a school bus of funfreaks and then a bicycle tour to centre camp. Please let me know if the card has been found. Thanks!

p.s. I'm the house dancing neighbourfreak who LOVED the bunny (sitting in Moab typing this now!)

--
Miriam Fathalla
US: +1 503 724 4245
http://www.miriaminthemidwest.com

"Remember, the Stone Age didn't end because the cavemen ran out of stone." Sheik Yamani, Saudi oil minister, 1973
fatboldt

Lost my Canon A530

Postby sweetdust » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:43 pm

I'm looking for my Canon Powershot A530, 5 megapixel camera. Lost on Wednesday, when I spent a lot of time on art cars and walking through the playa. There are lots of great photos of people on it and a couple of videos (including one of my sister hula-hooping like crazy). The very first photo is of my messy apartment, which I took when I was testing out the camera. I'm mostly interested in getting the photos back. I care much less about the camera. The camera looks like this: http://www.1st-digitalcamera.com/canon-a530/

thanks y'all
emilycelia@gmail.com
sweetdust

Postby mdmf007 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:30 pm

slim26 wrote:How long does it usually take for the lost and found forum to be created? Also, for the camera site?

Like many other things at BM it is a volunteer driven effort - I wouldnt hold your breath, but it does get done.
mdmf007

Postby BBadger » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:35 am

jstout29 wrote:Also lost a silver digital camera. Cannon 10 Mega pixel. Large LCD screen. Lost between 4:00 and I and 3:30 and E on the way to the man burning Saturday evening.

Uh, how many Canon cameras are "10 megapixel and have a large LCD screen"? Like every Canon made in 2008. You need to be more specific, including camera type (compact, DSLR, etc.), model number, color, casing, if any, markings, etc. Yeah, the description of the photos might be okay, but don't expect people to sift through every damn photo to try and recognize what they contain.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.
BBadger

Burning Since: I'm not sure

LOST SILVER NIKON COOLPIX and found canon in black rubber ca

Postby The Doodles » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:49 pm

We lost our Silver Nikon Coolpix with grey string on the open playa or on an art car on Monday night (not sure when it was found of coarse) it has pictures of me and my fiance on it at the man, the letter blocks, the temple, the LOVE artwork, the effigies and other things from day 1.... also pictures of our camp with a blue sign that says "THE DOODLES' which is our tent with a white shade structure... the camera was beat up with some scratches in the front has No case and it has a 8GB memory card in it...We would love if it was found!!! during the day i was wearing an orange crush shirt with orange shorts and she was wearing a white shirt with dangling beads and Lullaby written in puffy paint on it with yellow pants she was also wearing pink sunglasses thanks so much for reading...

PLEASE CONTACT US AT 702-533-2223 LAUREN AND STEVE OR EMAIL LO109877@GMAIL.COM

FOUND A CANON A SILVER CANON POWERSHOT SD870IS WITH BLACK RUBBERY CASE INSIDE A ZIPLOCK BAG JUST AFTER MAN BURN... It has pictures of several years burns on it and we would love to get it back to the owners.. it has a 4gb memory card it contact us at info above to get it :)
The Doodles

Postby Andreabeth84 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:26 pm

Hi ya burners! :-)

Lost my black sony digital camera! Its in a hard black case with an orange zipper (i think). There are tons of pictures from this year 2011 of my family and camp, so I am bummed to have lost it! The camera was in the front netting pocket of my little black backpack (no camel or water pack, just a regular backpack). The backpack was sitting on a chair next to the DJ stage in the red, white and black 80ft dome at my camp, Time of Your Life, on 2:30 and Anniversary Friday night. Left it to go to the bathroom for 5 min, came back and it was gone! Wha wha wha....

Any way, the backpack had a leopard print blanket, smart water, camel crush cigarets, and my playa cards in the front zipper pocket. The playa cards have my email and facebook info on them.

AndreaBeth84@gmail.com

facebook.com/andreabeth84

You can check my facebook to compare pictures on the camera =)

Thanks guys!! Xoxo

Andrea Beth
Andrea Beth
Andreabeth84

Postby Nrmotam » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:56 am

Hey guys,

Lost a pink, Canon camera. This is what it looks like: http://www.amazon.com/Canon-PowerShot-S ... B0011ZK6PC

It has hundreds of pics from Burning Man, birthdays, and Vegas. I believe I left it on a Beetle Mutant Vehicle owned by a lovely couple. But if you found it, please email me at nrmotam@gmail.com!

Thanks!
Nrmotam

Postby gregmolk » Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:06 pm

Hello,
My girlfriend and I lost our camera it was a black Sony cyber-shot. We lost it the night of the temple burn. We are with Love Potion 7:30 & B.
Please Please help us get it back we are in San Francisco.
There are pictures of 'normal' life and Playa life on it.
I have attached a picture that is still on the card.
We have not downloaded any pictures from BM we would love to get it back! Reward dare I say....
Contact me, gregmolk(at)gmail(dot)com
Peace
Greg

jo-jocameras.jpg
pic on camera
jo-jocameras.jpg (187.63 KiB) Viewed 1279 times
gregmolk

Postby JenneralJigiddy » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:38 pm

I lost my black Kodak EasyShare M575 on my 2nd night (Monday) There were a number of Burn-entry pics and of my camp, Naked Ninjas (I took a pic of the banner we had hanging at our camp). The camera was in a black soft case w/ white flower stencil/images on it. I just bought the camera, but had my old memory card in there with many many pictures...

Serial number KCGMR03513722
JenneralJigiddy

Postby kari1237 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:03 pm

Hello all! Sadly, I lost my digital SLR camera. Nikon D5100 with a f 2.8 lens. It was not in the camera bag (duh!) with my name on it! :-( I left it hanging from a bolt in the porta potty on a really bad day. :-( If anyone has any leads, please email me at kari1237@gmail.com. I can describe pic's on it and/or share my FB so you can see its my camera should anyone have it. Thanks so much!
kari1237

Postby elcorrita » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:27 pm

I lost a Canon PowerShot SD790 IS Digital ELPH 10 MP Digital Camera. It is silver... It was in a transparent plastic aqua blue air tight cell phone case with nylon gray strap with clip, I think the clip broke so may not be there (I also realize it may have been seperated from the case) . The camera also has a 4g memory card and the body of the camera has a few scratches on it, there should be not more then a dozen or so pictures on it. One of the pictures has two guys trying to climb up the center of a lotus flower, and then some of center camp.

THanks, Corey
email : scraplamb@hotmail.com
elcorrita

Postby billiejgal » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:24 am

lost standard black fujifilm camera. there is a small silver thing where the wrist handle goes. theres pics of me and friends in vegas and pics from burning man...art man etc. If found please contact me....billiejgal@comcast.net
billiejgal

Postby AntiM » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:46 pm

The lost and found forums are now up, be sure to post your lost cameras THERE.
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Return to Open Discussion