Your Theme Camp

Your Theme Camp

Postby Ugly Dougly » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:27 am

Tell us about your theme camp - or the favorite one you visited.

And nothing without pics!
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Re: Your Theme Camp

Postby giggles » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:32 pm

There was this amazing building, I think it was a bar but it was never open when we went by, on Birthday between 3 and 2. Wooden, intricate and lit up with red, blues and yellows. It was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. Almost Thai or Balinese in style. None of my pictures of it came out and I can't figure out what camp it belonged to. There were papasan type chairs hanging from the rafters in the turrets. Took my breath away. If anyone knows where I can find a picture of it, I would be grateful.
giggles

Postby Packoderm » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:43 pm

Our camp was pretty awesome for a bunch of Orphans. We had over 3000 square feet of shade. We had 4 couches, two swinging bench seats, a carport kitchen, a foosball table, a mini piano, and our very own Mikey.

(currently Zeke Chaparral)
Packoderm

Postby Trishntek » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:53 pm

Retrofrolic.jpg
Retrofrolic.jpg (89.24 KiB) Viewed 2995 times

Opus.jpg
Opus.jpg (88.17 KiB) Viewed 2995 times

Structure5.jpg
Structure5.jpg (111.91 KiB) Viewed 2995 times
RETROFROLIC, the place of Pink, Pain and Pleasure!
http://www.retrofrolic.com
Some call me Tnt,,,, works for me!
Trishntek

Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Retrofrolic!

Postby lookb4igo » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:48 pm

Swagmart was a great place to interact with hundreds of people a day and to have your stuff branded as well as to make necklaces to gift burners with...Also have an interesting wall where people from all over the world wrote whatever came to mind...Cool people- lots of love for the burners and overall, a unique theme camp...
lookb4igo

Postby gaminwench » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:21 am

giggles wrote:There was this amazing building, I think it was a bar but it was never open when we went by, on Birthday between 3 and 2. Wooden, intricate and lit up with red, blues and yellows. It was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. Almost Thai or Balinese in style. None of my pictures of it came out and I can't figure out what camp it belonged to. There were papasan type chairs hanging from the rafters in the turrets. Took my breath away. If anyone knows where I can find a picture of it, I would be grateful.

This was built by contracted workers, for a group of Russians who arrived late, partied hard, and left early.
Talked to the builders, before opening... sweet guys who kicked ASS!
If it had a name, i couldn't pronounce it.
One of the most beautiful city structures I have had the pleasure of interacting with in 12 years...
"I'm sorry, but just the thought of a non-controversial thread on ePlaya is controversial." jk
gaminwench

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: DOTA, EoD, OBOP

Postby gaminwench » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:57 am

the theme camp I am proud to fluff...
(to stay on topic)

Department of Tethered Aviation:
The smoothest backstage/shade/livingroom in BRC...
beautiful playa Art installation ( a global stitch-n-bitch)...
yummy, competitive dinners nightly, with invited guests...
daily SkyArt installations (including Exodus)...
Live music in the dome, daily...
WindWorship at the Golden Hour...
everyday workshops and chill sessions...
Block party, Prom Night, roving installations...
No Drama, neighborhood hotties, ASScamp...
DOTA ROCKS!!!
"I'm sorry, but just the thought of a non-controversial thread on ePlaya is controversial." jk
gaminwench

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: DOTA, EoD, OBOP

Postby ygmir » Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:32 am

that exodus sky entertainment, was awsome. Luckily, the hard nosed, yet ever so caring perimeter folks cleared you guys to go there.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby Ugly Dougly » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:45 am

Thanks guys, keep them coming!
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Postby J/J » Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:57 am

Black Rock City Snowshoe Team. ADK Camp (6:35 & F at AEZ Village) was pleased to host the founding of the Black Rock City Snowshoe Team of 60+ ramblers. Teammates danced and raced on the desert with four foot shoes around high noon. Daily ramble preceded and followed by hours of pure Maple Syrup shooters over crushed ice. Adirondack-Camp is our virgin year theme and our minds are reeling from the Black Rock City experience. For a theme camp of 2 we had a blast and shall return to host the 2012 Black Rock City Snowshoe Team tryouts and meet. Thank-you team!!!! from coaches Toots&Bean. Thank-you eplayains who stopped by!! +Thank-you citizens of BRC!!

Last edited by J/J on Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
playa embrace the dust - eplaya embrace the snark
J/J

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Adirondack Nomad Camp

Postby MyDearFriend » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:52 am

Oh my dear Toots&Bean, I utterly failed to find your camp. :cry:

I am so happy to see that you had a good Burn 8) and that you are coming back!!! I'll get a second chance to try out for the snowshoe team, hooray!!!
Practice Love. Exercise Sex.

"When life seems dangerous and unmanageable, just remember that it is, and that you can't survive forever."
MyDearFriend

Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp DREAD PIRATE BARBIE

Postby Drawingablank » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:24 am

Although I had planned to visit many Eplayan's camps, ADk was just a few blocks away and one of the few we actually made it to and we had a great visit.

Although I am not in horrible physical condition, I was exhausted by Wednesday and it really cut my wandering a lot.
Savannah: I don't know what it is, but no thread here escapes alive. You'll get 1 or 2 real answers at minimum, occasionally 10 or 12, and then we flog it until it's unrecognizable and you can't get your deposit back.

Yet Another Crappy Birgin Guide
Drawingablank

Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp

Postby J/J » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:00 pm

MyDearFriend wrote: I'll get a second chance to try out for the snowshoe team, hooray!!!

Mydearfriend- We have a dust covered extra large zip lock bag with your name on it- Proof that you are all ready a member of the Black Rock City SnowShoe Team and need to claim your team T-shirt. PM shipping info-

Drawingablank wrote: ADk was just a few blocks away and one of the few we actually made it to and we had a great visit.

Drawingablank- Thanks for stopping - hope your trip East went well- We left early Monday arrived Friday afternoon- Sorry we never found your camp- next year
playa embrace the dust - eplaya embrace the snark
J/J

Camp Name: Adirondack Nomad Camp

Postby Hedy » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:15 am

Frank's Kitchens at 7:30 & Liminal (yes, we requested that remote location!) - proud host of the Philadelphia Container to BRC & Kinetic Conveyances. After 5 or so years on the Esplanade, we decided to camp on the very last street. It was by far the best burn I personally have ever had. The view was gorgeous and we had fabulous neighbors.

Just a little something I heard in the wind: Reverse Esplanade for 2012.

Hedy
Hedy

Postby Trishntek » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:30 am

BellyDancers2.jpg
Our nubile belly dancers really added to our decorum
BellyDancers2.jpg (48.51 KiB) Viewed 2715 times

GameWheel.jpg
Our game wheel provided many smiles and great prizes
GameWheel.jpg (53.9 KiB) Viewed 2715 times

jim.jpg
Jim laid mummified for about 3 hours. A few folks went over a kicked him just to see if he was real.
jim.jpg (73.67 KiB) Viewed 2715 times

The rest are NSFW,,,, sighhhh
RETROFROLIC, the place of Pink, Pain and Pleasure!
http://www.retrofrolic.com
Some call me Tnt,,,, works for me!
Trishntek

Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Retrofrolic!

Postby mazatta » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:37 pm

Favourite camps:

- Last Bar Standing: I met one of the members at the airport after we both took a ride in an ultralight and we cruised around afterward looking for breakfast. Eventually got served eggs back at his bar, along with several drinks and met some really great people. It was always a treat to go visit them because they were about as far away from my camp as possible, but there was always good times to be had. I got a cup from there too, which I very sadly seem to have misplaced when we packed up.

- Panda Bar: mere stumbling distance from my camp and there was always good music being played there. My last afternoon visit there put me down so hard that I completely missed the Man burn.

Duck Pond: playa specials, play specials, playa specials!
mazatta

Return to 2011 Theme Camps