Sacramento Decompression 10/9/10

Get in touch with other Burners in your area.

Sacramento Decompression 10/9/10

Postby sirseaweed » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:25 am

Sacramento Decomp will again be held at the Lighthouse. Currently there is still space for theme camps to setup and for events to be posted on the "who what when where calendar".

If you would like to bring your theme camp to Sac Decomp or to hold a class or event (would anyone like to schedule a bike parade?) send your plan to: campinspiratum@gmail.com

Art cars and mutant vehicles are welcome! Anything larger than a golf cart, please check in with: captainchuck@ussyellowsubmarine.com

If you would like to attend decompression, look up camp inspiratum on Facebook or send an email for information to: campinspiratum@gmail.com

Sacramento Decompression
Time: October 9th 4pm - 4am (early arrival starting on 10/8)
BYO / LNT
sirseaweed

Re: Sacramento Decompression

Postby patnmarilyn » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:10 pm

Are those dates correct ??

October 9th is Sunday.

So......... the Decompression starts on Sunday ?? (and runs till 4am Monday Morning ??)
patnmarilyn

Postby junglesmacks » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:17 pm

Dates are indeed correct..

FOR LAST YEAR

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
junglesmacks

Camp Name: Your mom's tent

Postby jasonnthejets » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:40 am

Is there a decom for this year? Back here in the real world, I race bikes and regretfully might not make it to the sf decom... Would love to go to a sac decom if there is one this year. Haven't been able to find much info tho on the possibility of one.
jasonnthejets

Postby junglesmacks » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:25 am

It's looking like there won't be an "official" Sac Decom this year and it's been a pretty debated about topic amongst the everyone. There is an organizational meeting this next Monday, actually. Here is the news clip:

Ready to make a Sacramento Decom happen?

Step 1 – Meet to decide on a venue and date.
Step 2 – Divide and conquer!
Step 3 - Get our decom on and celebrate our incredible community!

What: Decom Action Meeting
When: Monday September 26th 6:30 pm
Where: Mckinley Park (corner closest to McKinley and Alhambra)
Bring: Your ideas!

We’ve got venue offers and options from private residences, event space, and local businesses. #1 Priority is to decide on a venue and date. Next step divide up into teams to handle music, entertainment, advertising, art, and safety.
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
junglesmacks

Camp Name: Your mom's tent

Postby jasonnthejets » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:02 am

Right on that's close but i think I can make it! Even if we might not have much to contribute in terms or a venue and such, can I still come and support the meeting and make it all round more awesome?
jasonnthejets

Postby Irreverent Moniker » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:10 am

junglesmacks wrote:It's looking like there won't be an "official" Sac Decom this year and it's been a pretty debated about topic amongst the everyone. There is an organizational meeting this next Monday, actually. Here is the news clip:

Ready to make a Sacramento Decom happen?

Step 1 – Meet to decide on a venue and date.
Step 2 – Divide and conquer!
Step 3 - Get our decom on and celebrate our incredible community!

What: Decom Action Meeting
When: Monday September 26th 6:30 pm
Where: Mckinley Park (corner closest to McKinley and Alhambra)
Bring: Your ideas!

We’ve got venue offers and options from private residences, event space, and local businesses. #1 Priority is to decide on a venue and date. Next step divide up into teams to handle music, entertainment, advertising, art, and safety.

Well, considering I live right next to McKinley Park I don't think I can NOT go :)

I'll be there representing my theme camp (Lightbox) and see what we can do to help.
Walk tall, kick ass, learn to speak Arabic, love music and never forget you come from a long line of truth seekers, lovers and warriors.
Irreverent Moniker

Postby pandora422 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:49 pm

Could your Friday get even better?

Yes! We are having a Sacramento Decompression NOVEMBER 5th. While the Light House is not available to us this year we have located a venue and are attempting to work with our RC to make it "official".

If you would like to help out, participate, show off your burner awesomeness please PM me and I'll get you up to speed.

[b]Save the date - November 5th[/b] and keep you eyes pealed for a flyer/more information next week!

)'( RockStar
pandora422

Postby pandora422 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:25 am

Sacramento Valley Decom - Burn the River
November 5th 2011
6pm to 10am
6985 Garden HWY, Sacramento CA 95659

$10 Tickets for 10 Days Early Bird Special ends Saturday at Midnight – That’s right it’s been almost ten days since tickets went on sale and we’ve got double the theme camps, double the artists, and double the art. We need you to bring double the fun! So don’t get caught with your pants down, Monday tickets go up to $15.

http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/206776
pandora422

Postby pandora422 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:45 am

[b]NEW LOCATION!
[/b]
YOU blew our minds! Due to the flood of response and participation we have secured a private venue just 2 miles away with MORE SPACE, fewer restrictions and better accommodations. That's right the venue has changed! We got lots of request for camping for this all night event. We got lots of feedback regarding the restrictions limiting our ability to express our Burner ways. Space limitations were forcing us to limit art and theme camp participation that just didn't seem like radical inclusion to us. We heard you!

Please join us November 5th at:

Rio Ramaza Marina and Event Park
10000 Garden Hwy.
Sacramento, CA 95837

Sacramento Decom has been upgraded to first class!
Here are the details:

21 and older only (all apologies kids)
Private Venue
No restrictions on outside food or drink
Gift what you wish
Free road side parking (be sure you are over the white line)
$5 on-site parking
On-site, Walk-in tent camping $10/tent - Yea!
$30 RV Sites with electrical and water (contact Tom - 916.925.5432 for details)
Boat Access - Limitations exist (contact Tom - 916.925.5432 for details)
More burn barrels
Bring your chair if you like sitting
In fact bring any old thing you want (pack it out, of course)
Jet engines excluded (sorry man, we tried)

Theme Camps, Performances, Art and Volunteers still needed!
Please visit the website at : http://sacburners.org/decom2011 and follow the links under PARTICIPATE to make contact.

We have tried to reach out to as many theme camps as we could with the short notice, but have had trouble getting
contact information for theme camp leads. If you know one, please forward them to the web address above. We want this to be as inclusive an event as we can!

See you on the 5th.
pandora422

Return to Regionals & Events