A few instances of awesome-o mewsic!

A few instances of awesome-o mewsic!

Postby vaddynwashere » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:49 pm

* Saturday night after the Man burn, somewhere around 4:30 and Esplanade there was a live band playing tributes to Jimi Hendrix (among other things). I'm hoping to find out who they were.
* Sunday at sunrise on our way from the sunrise bar to the city, the Bounce bus drove by... who was DJing at the time? That was such a well put together happy set!! Then we went home to 5@C for a nap, and I kept waking up to what seemed to be the same DJ... or someone with a similar idea in mind: happy, bouncy, disco-y. It seemed, the source of music was stationed somewhere very close on the block, and it wasn't moving. So even if it was on an art car, the car was parked. Do you guys know by any chance, who was DJing in the morning hours on Sunday around the 5C block?
* Finally, after the temple burn, we went club/artcar hopping over to the upper side and ran into the most amazing three-piece live rock performance: there was a guitarist, a drummer and a pianist, who was beyond a virtuoso. This was inside a three-legged red-lit dome. We didn't get the band's name, and there's no word of them in the official booklet of events.

In other news, what's with the 2011 lost-and-found forum? Can't find it.
vaddynwashere

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Twinkii mm)'(ii

Re: A few instances of awesome-o mewsic!

Postby Savannah » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:51 pm

The Lost & Found has been requested by the Moderators, but it has to be installed/created/manifested ( :lol: ) by an Administrator. Soon! Thanks for your patience.

Not sure who the musicians were . . . hopefully someone will know.
Savannah

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby BRCFS » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:21 pm

vaddynwashere wrote:** Finally, after the temple burn, we went club/artcar hopping over to the upper side and ran into the most amazing three-piece live rock performance: there was a guitarist, a drummer and a pianist, who was beyond a virtuoso. This was inside a three-legged red-lit dome. We didn't get the band's name, and there's no word of them in the official booklet of events.

That band ruled!
They were Interstellar Transmissions http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Inters ... 9225529453
BRCFS

Postby vaddynwashere » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:44 pm

Hooray! One band identified, few more to go!
vaddynwashere

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Twinkii mm)'(ii

Postby shykat » Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:35 pm

Interstellar Transmissions were awesome on temple burn night. They were jamming before the burn till a ranger told them to stop,while it burned.(they were pretty far back,i didn't see why they should of stopped....IMO)

As soon the temple dropped the drummer went off and the band starting jamming again.

They set a great mood for the rest of the eveing....
I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to ...Jimi Hendrix
shykat

Postby Theres Always One » Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:14 pm

Friday night > Saturday morning at Nexus was probably the best 5 hours of music I've witnessed anywhere this year.
Theres Always One

Return to 2011 Art & Performance