Which camp made the mammoth art cat?

Which camp made the mammoth art cat?

Postby serg » Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:01 pm

Greetings, wonderful fellow burners! I would really love to know about which camp built the mammoth art car, responsible for oh so much outrageous trumpeting on the playa. They left me their playa address but I got caught up in my camp packing and didn't get a chance to visit these awesome guys...
serg

Re: Which camp made the mammoth art cat?

Postby rikslut » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:30 pm

They were on the 9:00 Plaza. At, I believe, Enlightenedville.

Cheers,
Rik from LightBox at 9:00 Plaza
rikslut

Postby hookahdude » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:32 pm

Dammit - I really was hoping it was a giant art cat....
Hookah Dude
"In war-time the word patriotism means suppression of truth” - Siegfried Sassoon
I AM AN ASSHAT!!!
(Shooting for 2012 with my better half!)
hookahdude

Postby serg » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:31 pm

Thank you, rikslut! And yes, hookahdude, IT WAS a giant awesome art car in the form of the bony mammoth! They had a controller inside with about 8 different trumping sounds, each button super responsive too! So much fun!
serg

Postby rikslut » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:01 pm

hookahdude wrote:Dammit - I really was hoping it was a giant art cat....

Here's a giant art cat for you! It's home was also on 9:00
rikslut

Postby percussivepaul » Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:34 am

Did you notice the mammoth was pedal powered? That made it 10X as awesome in my books.

The cat was awesome too. My camp was just around the corner and we often lounged in the afternoon and kept cracking up whenever we heard the cat... 'rrraarrr... meowwwww.... MEOWRRRR... rerr.....'
percussivepaul

Postby hookahdude » Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:03 pm

rikslut wrote:
hookahdude wrote:Dammit - I really was hoping it was a giant art cat....

Here's a giant art cat for you! It's home was also on 9:00

Ok.. now THAT is AWESOME!!!!

My art cat is a 23 pound beast cleaning his asshole right now... wanna trade? :lol:
Hookah Dude
"In war-time the word patriotism means suppression of truth” - Siegfried Sassoon
I AM AN ASSHAT!!!
(Shooting for 2012 with my better half!)
hookahdude

Postby harvie » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:28 pm

serg wrote:Greetings, wonderful fellow burners! I would really love to know about which camp built the mammoth art car, responsible for oh so much outrageous trumpeting on the playa. They left me their playa address but I got caught up in my camp packing and didn't get a chance to visit these awesome guys...

Hi serg, I'm harvie from Enlightenedville- caretaker of Ma'aM the Mammoth- the very mammoth art cat (not really cat or car- but closer to cat I would say) that you were thinking of. We loved the screeching cat photographed here too- and some people were mixing up our mating call for theirs on occasion. A nighttime photo of Ma'aM is the 85th photo in this amazing collection (sorry about the ad that intercepts the link)
http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/weird/Burning-Man-2011-in-Pictures-129837503.html
and Ma'aM is delighted to be the background of one line of the highly popular BRC music video set to the tune by the Magnetic Zeroes- linked here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQPQn9TLpPY

I was looking around for other photos of Ma'aM when I found this thread here. We collected dozens of email addresses of people who pedaled Ma'aM around the playa and I'll be asking them for their photos shortly. Feel free to contact me for whatever the future brings: harve at zgsw.com - and leave a post here (don't know if I'll see it or not).

It's possible that Ma'aM will become S'no'ma'am for the winter at the Snowmass Ski Area- now famous for the recent discovery of 5 mammoth skeletons among almost 5,000 bones dug up under a nearby reservoir. That would be one place to come see her.

Its amusing that the spell checker in this web editor doesn't know how to spell playa.

Harvie
Attachments
2011-09-02 22.35.52.jpg
Ma'aM the Mammoth at BurningMan 2011
2011-09-02 22.35.52.jpg (70.3 KiB) Viewed 2203 times
harvie

Return to 2011 Theme Camps