BM 2011 Missed Connections

BM 2011 Missed Connections

Postby sarahbird23 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:01 pm

This is for "The One That Got Away" at Burning Man 2011. If you met someone amazing, but parted ways too soon, post here. Maybe one day you'll be singing "Reunited, and it feels so goooood!" ; )

And Brian from NYC, if you're out there, gimme a shout, baby! We met at Opulent Temple, climbed a geodesic dome, lost our bikes together. You told me your camp coordinates, but I spaced 'em!

Good luck to all of you! I figure craigslist has "missed connections", Burners can too. ; )
sarahbird23

Re: BM 2011 Missed Connections

Postby mazatta » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:44 am

http://i.imgur.com/GYXOE.jpg

Me on the far right, girl I only knew as "short stuff" beside me who I'd like to track down. Pretty sure I have contact info for the dude on the left though...hopefully he can help as I know he knows her.

I was adamant about not bringing home a bag of regrets from the playa, but losing sight of this girl was one that got tucked away anyway.
mazatta

Postby damien_pfc » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:42 am

Girl at the airport on saturday morning who flew just before me with a female friend, you asked about the couple I was talking to, and then gave me a hug and wished me a safe flight. You are adorable and I'm an idiot and forgot to ask you, what is your name??? I'm still not quite sure that happened, it seems like a dream now.
Last edited by damien_pfc on Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
damien_pfc

Postby percussivepaul » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:46 am

Storm, at the campfire in the wooden forest late on burn night, purified me with burning sage. Just want to say that our brief encounter turned my night around and left me feeling wonderful and happy.
- Leonardo.
percussivepaul

Postby joy_rider » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:12 pm

The couple from RENO at 6:30 K. You gave me a gorgeous pink knitted sweater. I gave you honey, Tal beads...I lost your e-mail address! I really hope you contact me, or find this message. I'd love to keep in touch. :D
"Buy the ticket, take the ride."
joy_rider

Postby Charmaine » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:16 pm

"Dan" from the Bay Area- loved the connection!

It was Saturday night and we met stage right of the oppulent temple on the dance floor... i was wearing a pink wig and sequin top, you with red pants and a grey furry boa..With so much visual stimuli to experience at my first burn, I was drawn to your spirit and it was refreshing. The dance, the kiss, the touch I remember well and revel in... The missed connection, I've learned from. Probably the largest lesson learned this year for me at BM is to cease the day and break out of my at times un sure shell. This I will bring back with me into life, work and play. But enough with lessons, I hope to connect with you again. In a sea of 50,000 people a connection as the one enjoyed with you is rare. Your spirit touched me deeper than your hands could penetrate but never did. If we never see one another again, know that someone out there sends you wishes of love and beautiful abundant life experiences xo from Canada with love, Charmaine:-)
Charmaine

Postby jessdev » Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:16 am

Hah lets see if this actually works.. looking for Travis from California - we met near the beginning of the week at some bar during the day, tried to find the huge teeter totter, went out that night, you carried my drunk friend home then we went back out. You were camped at 9.45 and E, I think. Msg me!
jessdev

Postby C.f.M. » Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:26 am

I'm looking for Anya and Alan Sugee, 3:05 Outer Ring, Sun Raider Toyota camper.
C.f.M.

Burning Since: 2009

Postby Aluxe » Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:09 pm

I am looking for Gella (or Angela, Geila, Jella, gela.. thats what it sounded like to me) and we met by the ROBOT HEART art car on Saturday, I'm Rodrigo (from Mexico but living in NYC) and we were dancing and talked about how we were both first time burners and were loving it. You complimented my kind of cowboy look (was wearing mostly black with a bit of green lights). You told me you were a make up artists that used to live in NYC but that you now lived in California but traveled frequently to NYC. At one point we started talking about the meaning of the temple and you told me I should go write something and even said you had pen and paper that you could help me with for that. Later the Robot Heart car moved to the deeper playa for the sunrise and I saw you there again, and you were wearing a fur jacket since it had gotten colder. That was the last time I saw you and could not find you later. I wish we had exchanged contact info, if you read this send me a message, would love to get in touch!!

Rodrigo
Aluxe

Postby RedHeaven » Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:31 pm

Burning Man has taught me to GO FOR IT.....Quicker and faster than Reg LIfe, because you have ONE WEEK....that sends me into kind of a panic attack early week but the trick is to relax yet be a little ahead of yourself. Keep wits and GO. Don't hesitate (but dont panic!) So many missed connections in my 6 years but THIS year was different because i worked that shit out finally!! It can still be hard and it can still happen but this year with a little more confidence and natural drive I made the most awesome connections ever. My rites of passage. Good luck everyone and I hope you all reconnect! The internet is a beautiful tool so if it happens here in Reg Land, GO FOR IT anyway! Bring those dreams home. Peace!
RedHeaven

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Cirque Du Cliche 4:30 and Dandelion Wine

Postby Fofer » Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:54 pm

It was Herb's birthday.
We sang for him (many times.)
We stopped at each numbered tower of the clock.
We lost some comrades along the way.
But you were there for (at least) one of them.
You smiled.
And had a lollipop.

We shared a moment (I think.)

Who are you?
Fofer

Postby CoachAshley » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:34 am

Acro Yoga in Centre camp , me and a my friend were pretending we knew what we were doing and you can over and offered to help . I have a history in gymnastics and you based me for quite awhile , you seemed like such a good person and I would have loved to talk to you more . You said before Burning Man you had been in Back Country Whyoming , and I think your name is Tom ? Not sure , said you were camping at 420 and Happy Camp or something like that . Really would like to connect ! :)
CoachAshley

Burning Since: 2011

Postby Randage » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:55 pm

Great idea...

I was bartending at Pink Mamouth on Firday when I met an amazing girl from Spain...I was instantly on break and dancing

We had planned to meet up the next day but that seemed to have slipped away...

Anna, hope you find this!

thanks for the kiss, dance, and hope.

Randage :)
Randage

Postby FireTommy » Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:42 am

For me... the glass-mushroom pendant lady at the Temple. I felt very honored that you asked me to sit with you. Life is a string of powerful moments, and for me...that was huge
....like a dingo in a maternity ward....
FireTommy

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Go the F*ck to Sleep

Postby YairFromNYC » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:42 am

I'm Yair from NY - I don't remember your name but I met you Sunday night/Monday "morning" at Playa Skool, I was holding the giant stuffed dog, wearing a wifebeater, shorts and sneakers - we talked about our virgin experiences then I kissed you and you said "that was amazing" - we did group massages on the massage table in the middle of the dance floor and you got one... I knew if I let you "stop back at camp" with the silly boy that was following you that I would never see you again - I wish I got your contact info.. I miss you - yairtal@gmail.com / facebook.com/theartialmartist
YairFromNYC

Postby E.H. » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:35 pm

Michigan Girl!!!! 5:30 & D (I think)))
Well this is a long shot..
Friday night (the night they burned the Trojan Horse), we mat at the “Question Mark”.. We danced for a few hours till almost sunrise and then went to watch the sunrise from the temple. Afterwards we went into the temple and you cried in my arms for a long time (you were mourning someone close to you).. I forgot your name (sorry), remembered your camp location (I think it was 5:30 & D) but couldn’t find you again. That nights experience with you was very intense and I really hope to hear from you again (or someone that can help me find you).. :)
E.H.

Postby part.of.the.future » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:51 am

Joseph (Josef?) from Vienna, Austria,

We met one night at Center Camp during Burning Man 2011. I was sitting with two friends and you came up and sat next to me. My name is Sarah, and you gave me a little blue rock. I know that it is unlikely to contact someone from such an event, but I thought I'd try. We had a wonderful conversation and witnessed someone get taken away on a stretcher. You handed me your cashmere sweater when I got cold. You said it was your first Burn and that a friend had purchased you a ticket.
part.of.the.future

Return to Humans