Missed Connections 2011

Missed Connections 2011

Postby sarahbird23 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:49 pm

I'll bet I'm not the only one who met someone amazing, shared an unforgettable night of dancing and revelry, then promptly forgot to exchange information (camp coordinates, email addy, etc.) & never saw them again! This is for "The One That Got Away"! : )

Mine was Brian, from NYC. He was with a friend named Mikey. We danced our asses off at Opulent Temple, made out on a jungle gym/geodesic dome, and searched for our lost bikes together as the sun started to rise. We were heading back to camp, but I felt like Peewee Herman and just COULDN'T give up on my bike, so I headed back to Opulent Temple. Found my beloved bike in the light of day, hooray! But lost the boy... : / This inspired me to create "Missed Connections 2011" - for all of us who made a connection we didn't mean to lose so quickly.

Cheers! And happy hunting! Hope a few reunions are sparked! : )
sarahbird23

Re: Missed Connections 2011

Postby langdon » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:04 pm

To the gorgeous blonde cop-hat wearing Aussie and blue hooded Englander (Jeffrey?) Tuesday night, shared some incredible moments and excitement as we were wide-eyed virgins taking in the sights and sounds, danced at Robot Heart, and road a golf-cart bed car. I waved goodbye as you departed on a large art-car and I was reunited with my other friends. Hope your night and burn was as magical as that night was! Cheers!
langdon

Postby otto » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:37 pm

Hello friends, I had a wonderful random crazy night/ morning with a bunch of friends roaming the playa and then ending up relaxing under the pier all sunday morning after the man burned. It was myself tarek touzi rocking my cowboy hat and orange bandana, Nate the birthday boy with red hair and glasses, mica (or mikka) from arcadia/ humbolt with his trike bike and paisley vest, scruffy beard, and adopted aussie accent, sheri and glo our beautiful muses who were camping over by 8:00 ish, eros or dear friend we met at the door maze who graciously provided us with a bottle opener for our wine, Toni and Josh from LA who I traded two beers for a cigarette and more wonderful company, michelle the flaming lotus girl who made sure we were all taken care of in whatever way we needed, The fabulous ms. puck who randomly joined our ragamuffin group for more shenanigans, & Lizzie the lovely english girl who had just gotten engaged. If you were one of the fabulous people or know where to contact any of them it would be greatly appreciated.

Peace & Love,
Tarek 'otto' Touzi the traveling cowboy
ttouzi@gmail.com
https://www.facebook.com/izuotkerat
otto

Postby damien_pfc » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:25 pm

Girl at the airport on saturday morning who flew just before me with a female friend, you asked about the couple I was talking to, and then gave me a hug and wished me a safe flight. You are adorable and I'm an idiot and forgot to ask you, what is your name??? I'm still not quite sure that happened, it seems like a dream now.
Last edited by damien_pfc on Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
damien_pfc

Postby insolace » Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:02 pm

As the sun set on Sunday night, before the temple burn at the airport; I was packing my car and you wandered into my camp, you asked me if there was a lonely beer around. I gave you a Tecate from our cooler that wasn't mine to give, and we talked. You had such loneliness in your eyes, but I was so happy I asked you to take off those sunglasses. You were really pretty, I forget if I told you so. It didn't seem as important then, it was my first burn and I felt so happy and content to have felt the warmth of all of the beautiful people I had met, and to have had such an amazing journey on and through the playa. And yet your goodbye has lingered with me, like the dust on and in my car. You stuttered a little when you asked me to look you up back here in the default world, somewhere in San Francisco. I swear you said your name was Shay, but that memory isn't as strong as the look in your eyes when they locked with mine.

I wonder if our paths will ever cross again.
insolace

Postby Aluxe » Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:11 pm

I am looking for Gella (or Angela, Geila, Jella, gela.. thats what it sounded like to me) and we met by the ROBOT HEART art car on Saturday, I'm Rodrigo (from Mexico but living in NYC) and we were dancing and talked about how we were both first time burners and were loving it. You complimented my kind of cowboy look (was wearing mostly black with a bit of green lights). You told me you were a make up artists that used to live in NYC but that you now lived in California but traveled frequently to NYC. At one point we started talking about the meaning of the temple and you told me I should go write something and even said you had pen and paper that you could help me with for that. Later the Robot Heart car moved to the deeper playa for the sunrise and I saw you there again, and you were wearing a fur jacket since it had gotten colder. That was the last time I saw you and could not find you later. I wish we had exchanged contact info, if you read this send me a message, would love to get in touch!!

Rodrigo
Aluxe

Postby SugarSkull » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:16 pm

Ah yes...wishing I had gotten some contact info as well. Glad I am not the only one. I had a great night on Friday night/ Saturday morning dancing at Opulent Temple with Juma (spelling?) a.k.a. Frankie from Florida. Loved watching sunrise with you and snuggling afterwords. I tried to find the photo you posted in the temple of your Pitbull, but had no luck. I hope it was a good burn for you.

Glad we met,
Andi
SugarSkull

Postby robott » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:24 pm

hey, big 34 year old blonde guy at center camp. i don't remember your name. it was early in the morning and i had just ended a very long night. i had ended up in center camp, it was pretty empty where i was sitting, and there was a guy there playing some really beautiful acoustic music, so all i really wanted to do was chill for a while and listen to it.

you came up and started chatting with me as i was chain-smoking cigarettes in a sleep deprived haze. you seemed friendly enough, until you started trying to put your hands on me, making sexual comments about my body and asking me to come back to your camp with you. i clearly told you i wasn't interested, so you left.
you came back a short while later. i guess i just seemed like a vulnerable target, especially since you were so much bigger than i am, not to mention you were fifteen years my senior. you sat down next to me and started trying to put your arm around me, offering me a massage, and touching my hair. i moved away from you and i told you again to STOP, i did not like it. i thought i had made myself pretty clear that i wanted you to leave me alone, but instead you decided to throw your arms around me and grab my breasts. i left so quickly after that, i never got the chance to thank you for making me feel so violated, embarrassed, and uncomfortable. i never got a chance to thank you for interrupting my morning and the wonderful music i was enjoying. i can only hope this message finds you someday!

oh, and thanks for those goggles you gifted me. too bad i couldn't bring myself to wear them and had to throw them away.
robott

Postby NutmegBasil » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:57 pm

Do NOT let those kinds of things go. Make a fucking scene girl. Get upset. Tell someone. Moving away only lets that man run wild amongst our city to do those things to other women. I am SO sorry you had that experience. Get a ranger next time. I'm sure they would handle him well.
"someone broke the ultamit commandment?"though shall drink water or lest yee die like a stupid motherfucker?"
NutmegBasil

Postby jella » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:05 pm

NutmegBasil wrote:Do NOT let those kinds of things go. Make a fucking scene girl. Get upset. Tell someone. Moving away only lets that man run wild amongst our city to do those things to other women. I am SO sorry you had that experience. Get a ranger next time. I'm sure they would handle him well.

+10
hope there is never a next time but please let people help you :)
Burning Man isn't about the stuff you see when you get there ....it's about the people that brought that stuff there
jella

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: ASSORTED :)

Postby graidawg » Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:00 pm

I had a few missed connections, the girl i was chatting to at magic marties camp on wednesday, i think she was called delicia (or maybe i just thought she was delicious) i gave her my details but forgot to ask for hers. Though i suspect she isnt on eplaya and i was getting a few too many cold beers from animated it was a great time. And Jenny? i think at the B.E.D. lecture at the dusty swan on tuesday i lost her details, I would love to meet her and find her camp. She seemed so together and I would really enjoy finding out more about her camp
Oh and the beautiful goddess at the eplaya meet and greet who so took my breath away i proposed marriage on the spot is someone i would love to get to know you can never have to many friends right?
completely unconcerned.
"Savannah" I like it . . . it makes us sound forward-thinking, and not at all like trailblazing, professional-level procrastinors.
the rest of us are in the School of Fukkit. "Eric"
graidawg

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dread Pirate barbie

Re: Missed Connections 2011 - Rebecca

Postby retr0b » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:17 pm

You came in to my camp's bar where we met and talked for a while and you returned bringing me bacon! Wow, very nice!!! :D

You came in a couple more times later in the week, but since I could hardly get out I never got the chance to come and find you at your camp. I kissed you once, but I missed getting your contact info which I greatly regret. :(

Mail me at retr0b (at) gmail (dot) com (that's a zero). I hope we can connect!

~Jesus ;)
retr0b

Postby bcaparros » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:09 pm

I meet you at the temple and lost you at the portapotties..., it could only happen at BRC. I would love to know what happened with you! Begonia from Spain
bcaparros

Postby bcaparros » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:18 pm

how do you insert a picture? thanks
bcaparros

Postby Playa Status » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:24 pm

Heres to Ellie from Vancouver Canada,
I met you at the temple I was taking photos and I couldnt help but notice how gorgeous you were. So I approached you and after a short photoshoot and some very delightful conversation we began to hold each other. We held and talked for a while you told me that you came to burning man for serendipity. I do believe you found it and so did I, we talked how no one meets each other on accident and how we were both helping each other grow in that very moment. Then we kissed and you said you had to meet your friends..you said you hoped you would see me again and told me where you were at. I was never able to find you and nobody seemed to be able to help either. But maybe thats just it...maybe it was supposed to be that way...as you said serendipity. But I fight that as I post this and because of what you said I will not post a photo of you. If it was meant to be then it was meant to be. ..I will never forget you and I hope you do not forget me as well. Heres to chance... and love. :D
<3

-David from Seattle
Playa Status

Postby Playa Status » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:15 pm

And how could I forget...the beautiful woman from Belarus... I dont remember your name but I met you at some bar that was playing awesome music, I know. I came up and asked for a drag of your cigarette to which you responded and offered to put sun tan lotion on my back. Of course I said yes, I just got done smoking a joint and with your hands on my back standing there on the dancefloor listening to awesome music was just incredible. After a few minutes you told me I needed a massage...I asked if you gave them and you told me you had a booth. I mentioned I probably wouldn't be able to find you to which you said lets go somewhere more private. I walked out with you and I will never forget the looks on peoples faces when they saw you and then me...it was priceless...some dark skinned fellow (i am as well) ran up to talk to you speaking a foreign language. I was sure he was going to steal you from me but you stayed with me and we found a spot and you gave me an amazing blissful massage. When you had finished you said: "enjoy this moment, I am going to go dancing for a few minutes you should stay here and sleep. I will be back and wake you up." I was in shock and promptly went to sleep..to which I was awoken by a couple of construction workers saying they were breaking down the area and I could not stay there...so I left..I looked for you but it was no use... I never saw you again. I will never forget that and will remain one of the highlights of my burn...thank you mysterious Goddess from Belarus. Maybe one day we will cross paths again. Or maybe it was just perfect the way it was..if your reading this..please send me a message. :)
Playa Status

Postby I11I1II1 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:11 pm

Aluxe wrote:I am looking for Gella (or Angela, Geila, Jella, gela.. thats what it sounded like to me) and we met by the ROBOT HEART art car on Saturday, I'm Rodrigo (from Mexico but living in NYC) and we were dancing and talked about how we were both first time burners and were loving it. You complimented my kind of cowboy look (was wearing mostly black with a bit of green lights). You told me you were a make up artists that used to live in NYC but that you now lived in California but traveled frequently to NYC. At one point we started talking about the meaning of the temple and you told me I should go write something and even said you had pen and paper that you could help me with for that. Later the Robot Heart car moved to the deeper playa for the sunrise and I saw you there again, and you were wearing a fur jacket since it had gotten colder. That was the last time I saw you and could not find you later. I wish we had exchanged contact info, if you read this send me a message, would love to get in touch!!

Rodrigo

This Jella?

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=38923
I11I1II1

Postby Savannah » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:14 pm

Nope. ePlaya's Jella is not a makeup artist or first-time Burner. And she already has a man, though I don't mean to pigeonhole her. :)

But maybe Aluxe/Rodrigo will connect all the same. Good luck!
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby jella » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:59 am

Savannah wrote:Nope. ePlaya's Jella is not a makeup artist or first-time Burner. And she already has a man, though I don't mean to pigeonhole her. :)

Savannah is correct, I defintaly got myself a man :) And I've never even been to NY, Good Luck finding her
Burning Man isn't about the stuff you see when you get there ....it's about the people that brought that stuff there
jella

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: ASSORTED :)

Postby Kenny Z » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:43 pm

NutmegBasil wrote:Do NOT let those kinds of things go. Make a fucking scene girl. Get upset. Tell someone. Moving away only lets that man run wild amongst our city to do those things to other women. I am SO sorry you had that experience. Get a ranger next time. I'm sure they would handle him well.

Yes, yes and yes! Luckily I had to only kick one person off The Dirty Sardine mutant vehicle this year. A dude started groping a female passenger next to him. Apparently, it was going on for a little bit and she was either too embarrassed to make a scene and probably too scared to hop off in fear this guy would follow her. Finally I picked up on the body language, stopped the vehicle and asked if they were together. Finally she made it clear that she didn't know him and would like him to stop. Had she just tapped me on the shoulder, I could have got involved much earlier and spared her the discomfort. And had he got beligerent, I could have just drove him unknowingly to the nearest ranger or officer. But women (and gents), don't tolerate this behavior for any amount of time. Nip it in the bud immediately and let other people know.
Kenny Z

Postby Aluxe » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:08 pm

jella wrote:
Savannah wrote:Nope. ePlaya's Jella is not a makeup artist or first-time Burner. And she already has a man, though I don't mean to pigeonhole her. :)

Savannah is correct, I defintaly got myself a man :) And I've never even been to NY, Good Luck finding her

Ha, thanks Savannah and Jella! my search contniues and if not here maybe next year I'll find her at the dance floor.
Aluxe

Postby Playa Status » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:43 am

I almost forgot... The girl I met in oregon on our way down to the burn! I dont remember what city it was and we were downtown just looking for a place to eat. You come running up with a cigarette in hand asking if we had a lighter. I immediately jump trying to find one but alas no lighter was found. We started talking and I asked if you had a spare cigarette and you tell me you do in the van..so we walk back to the van...I say I'm from seattle and you ask what I'm doing in the area. I say I'm on my way to Burningman...and you said that you were too and that you were help setting up a 30' dome over on 9:00 and C. Im a bit flabbergasted and we shared a few moments conversating how excited we both were and were virgins. We then part ways...my second day at the burn I'm having a blast just meeting people and dancing and you come running up, I think you were in line for snow cones, and you asked if it was me. We share a hug and talk and you tell me where your camped at...Im all the way on the other side.. I dont even know what I'm doing there. Then later...I ran into you AGAIN at the distrikt and we dance togethor and we parted ways and I never thought of getting info...i mean seriously...Running into each other 3 times!! At the burn and in the real world... crazy. Send me an email please.
mofoshomo@yahoo.com

I have so many people I missed connections with this almost isnt even worth posting,.. so many memories come to my mind as the days go by...Burningman is amazing.
Playa Status

Postby Aggrav8d » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:48 pm

I sat under the ADVICE sign for two days (friday & saturday) and did my best to help anyone who came along.
To all you wonderful people who ventured that far in search of answers, thank you for making my burn.
I was feeling very self destructive until we found each other.
Please come back next year and tell me how you're doing, it would be fun to catch up.

Also a special note of thanks to someone on the night the man burned, our conversation went something like
me: I see you have a radio. Are you a ranger?
him: That's a really rude question and you should think before asking someone that.
me: Sorry. I'm a ranger -
him: - if you're going to be rude you can get off my art car (flatbed + a sofa)
me: Gladly! Thank you for putting a dent on my burn.
There are a lot of people that make me feel happy but until then I didn't feel sad for anyone. You, sir, are what makes BRC so special.
Aggrav8d

Postby therumor » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:07 pm

Trying to find a friend I met at the ranger bar on the night of the temple burn. You were rocking a mohawk. You let me color in your tattoo with a sharpie. We got to see the last rays of light fall on the temple. Our time together was cut short because your ride was leaving. You gave me a really cool crystal necklace that you made. I didn't get any of your info except your playa name: Fiercely Sweet Melody. I would really like to see you again.
therumor

Postby Savannah » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:04 pm

Aggrav8d wrote:I sat under the ADVICE sign for two days (friday & saturday) and did my best to help anyone who came along.
To all you wonderful people who ventured that far in search of answers, thank you for making my burn.
I was feeling very self destructive until we found each other.
Please come back next year and tell me how you're doing, it would be fun to catch up.

Just today I saw a photo on a photographer's website of a girl at an Advice booth.

Ah. Trey Ratcliff is the shutterbug, second line down on the right. He does a lot of orange-tinted shots because he wears orange-lensed goggles and likes to capture how it really looked to his eyes at the time.

https://plus.google.com/photos/10523721 ... 5077157953
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby A-RockLeFrench » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:47 am

Thursday night, aboard the Lady Sassafras, I think you were Canadian? With the Polar Bear coat. No names, no coordinates, just love.

Just putting it out there...

-Man Cub
A-RockLeFrench

Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: PLUNDERGROUND

Postby jaytro4 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:41 pm

I spent an awesome Monday walking around with a girl, 23, skinny but pretty, with straight short rainbow hair known as "player one"... she was staying in Hushville, and we were supposed to meet up that night at center camp but I fell alseep.

never got over to Hushville, really wanted to apologize for not showing, and exchange contact deets.. anyone know her?????
Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly.
jaytro4

Postby SteveSleazee » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:41 pm

Emily originally from J.P. in Boston who moved out to Cali. We met on a bar driving around and hoped off to try to find some djs set and ended up adventuring for quite some time. Partied with you and some of your awesome camp mates. We found your bike at the pier and took off for your camp at 2:00 and c?(*edit* just remembered it was camp question mark, sent a message through their website looking as well) the name of which escapes me now... I went and looked for you but your camp was huge and I didn't even know where to begin.

Also the two kids who I met at the trash fence one morning, I don't remember either of your names only that the guy was from russia and moved to NY and the girl was from Canada, we drank whiskey, put notes in bottles and enjoyed the sun coming up..you guys were AMAAAZZZINGGG.
SteveSleazee

Looking for Mathilda the girl from Paris

Postby mainmanjosh » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:22 pm

Amazing girl from Paris called Mathilda who was 23. With 2 friends and part of a group of 5. I was Josh from London. I didn't have my phone and went to go get a pen for a number... remember I said my Dad had just moved to Paris and I would be visting there quite a bit. Couldn't find pen... obviously not a vital tool for most evenings on the playa!

Anyway you headed off for a bit with your friends and said would be back, but never saw you again... too bad you were really something...

Am going to be in Paris in November... joshua@noughttwosixty.com
mainmanjosh

Postby ohmu » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:44 pm

You: 5 people from the pink heart camp who partied with me during exodus on monday night, around sundown:
- a portly gentleman who was driving the vehicle
- a friendly black woman
- a short haired blond woman protecting a big bottle of jaeger at the request of a severely intoxicated stranger
- a young man who slept in the back seat
- a chatty young woman with a furry tail

Me: The long haired guy who hitched a ride with the couple driving the red bus in the other lane.

We had the idea of setting up a table and brewing coffee for all the tired sober drivers trapped in their vehicles during next year's exodus. This may have been just drunk talk, but I concocted a plan today that I'd like to share with you, and anyone else who thinks highly of the following idea.

I need the help of 15 brave men and women with bikes. We build a rig so that each bike supports a big tall spigoted thermos of coffee over the back wheel, secured with long straps to the rider's shoulders so it doesn't tip over, and a pan underneath to collect drips. A basket on the front holds containers of cream and sugar, secured somehow so that they don't spill. We ride in pairs from the camp to the gate, each pair riding between each of the eight lanes of traffic, on the driver's sides. The lead rider knocks on each vehicle's window, offers coffee, asks if the driver has a mug, and then pulls forward so the driver can reach out the window and pour himself a cup from the thermos on the back of the bicycle. The chase rider follows up behind with the cream and sugar. The lead rider also carries a basket full of paper cups for the mugless. If/when the thermos runs out, the riders switch positions, since each rider bears a thermos. Booze might also be carried as rewards for passengers who have decided to leave their cars and keep the party going on the street, and for those who donate extra cups, etc. We could run three shifts; Sunday afternoon before the temple burn, Monday morning at dawn, and Monday evening at sundown -- people leaving on Monday afternoon can suffer. Or we do whatever we have the resources for.

Drop me a note if you don't think this is madness. Cheers.
ohmu

Next

Return to Humans