Need some advice

Need some advice

Postby Storm_rider » Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:50 am

Hi all,

This is my first time going to BM. I will get there on Thursday evening with some friends (2 cars). I am buying a ticket from someone I know who has an extra ticket, but that person will already be inside BM when I get there on Thursday. Our plan is that my friends (who all have their tickets with them) will enter with 1 car and I'll stay outside with the other. Then 1 person gets my ticket inside and comes back to the gate and gives me the ticket so I can get in.
Do you think this plan can work?

Thanks in advance,
Theo
Storm_rider

Re: Need some advice

Postby alkalinenerd » Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:54 am

your friend may or may not have to pay the 20 dollar in/out fee, much like with my mother.

also, I hope your friend going to get your ticket knows what hes doing, finding a certain person in Black Rock City can be a daunting task.

best of luck
- Joshua from Batman School
To defy the laws of tradition is a crusade only of the brave
alkalinenerd

Postby MrsgriffinBRCPOII » Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:44 am

tell your friend to leave it for you at will call- Ive done that for my friends before,the voulenteers at will call are some of my favorite people burning experiances- They are better than super awesome.
try it.
and next year get here on monday..your completely missing the real deepth of the city and the chance to make it your city rather than just an event your going to..

besides EVERYBODY knows
WEDNESDAY is the best day.
A
MrsgriffinBRCPOII

Postby Eric » Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:13 am

The ticket should be left for you at Will Call- if you show up at the Gate without a ticket they will turn you around and send you back to Reno. You could sit in the Will Call lot, but I'm pretty sure they'll be watching carefully this year- future permits could snag on how they deal with the sell-out, and finding someone in BRC & getting them back to the Gate could take hours.
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

Regarding Ticket Scalpers and Scammers

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
BRC Weekly
Eric

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby OrbitA2 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:16 am

Finding someone in BRC is near impossible.
OrbitA2

Postby Storm_rider » Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:23 pm

Thanks a lot for your replies. I'll try to get my buddy to leave the ticket at will call.
Have a good one,
Theo
Storm_rider

Return to 2011 Tickets