LOST Our Tickets; Need (2). Please help.

LOST Our Tickets; Need (2). Please help.

Postby kannon » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:47 am

Apologies for clogging the thread - We lost our tickets last night (we purchased in January), we've looked everywhere, and we're desperate to purchase replacements.

We're veteran burners from Minneapolis, and our camp leaves for the playa today (Sat. 8/27). I can provide our original confirmation info and a picture of our tickets to prove we're legit, just in a bad situation. (Yes, I was so excited to go home I took a picture when they arrived) :)

We really appreciate any help. Thanks!
Lauren (Kannon)
kannon

Re: LOST Our Tickets; Need (2). Please help.

Postby Eric » Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:38 am

Kannon-
If you had your tickets before last night & they didn't leave your house, you still have them. Take a step back, breath, and slowly start going through everything. Ask yourself questions: are they in the envelope, were they taken out? Could they have fallen behind the dresser, the refrigerator, the couch? Did they get packed with your clothes, your food, your first aid? Think calm & slow and start digging.

The bad news is that the tickets are like cash- if you lost them nothing will replace them at the Gate, regardless of what backup info you have. This is why you want to slowly & calmly start digging. If you can't find them, have your camp drop you in Reno & you can start looking for tickets to buy there. They have been on sale on the Reno Craigslist for +/- $400 and the prices will drop starting Monday.

There are NO tickets for sale at the Gate- if your vehicle shows up & you are in it without tickets the entire vehicle & everyone in it will be sent back to Reno to drop you off (you can be arrested for loitering if they leave you in Gerlach, Empire, Nixon or Wadsworth) and then have to return to the event without you. If they try to smuggle you in the entire vehicle will have their tickets confiscated & will be refused entry to the event. (I'm not saying this paragraph applies to you, just giving you heads up)
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

Regarding Ticket Scalpers and Scammers

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
BRC Weekly
Eric

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby kannon » Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:55 am

Thanks, Eric. We've been methodically searching the apartment since yesterday afternoon, with no luck. We've contacted our friends on the playa already to see if the gate can check our IDs and confirmation numbers to show that we're legit and haven't sold our tickets. It seems the infrastructure is there, but I'm told there's no system in place for that kind of thing, despite all the anti-counterfeit measures. (P.S. if anyone knows differently, please let us know!)

If our tickets are still here (and yes, we think they might be, too) we're coming to terms with the idea that we won't find them before our caravan leaves, and leaving without tickets and no exit strategy feels risky. I will check into the postings on Reno CL now, though. Thanks so much for the help, and have a great burn. :)

Kannon
kannon

Postby Eric » Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:07 pm

kannon wrote:We've contacted our friends on the playa already to see if the gate can check our IDs and confirmation numbers to show that we're legit and haven't sold our tickets. It seems the infrastructure is there, but I'm told there's no system in place for that kind of thing, despite all the anti-counterfeit measures

Sadly true.

I'm still hoping you find yours. The good thing is that you had physical tickets so you're aware of the security measures. If you purchase tickets along the way make sure you look for them carefully! Make sure everything is there- embossing, two different holographic papers, white printing on the holographs, the almost invisible perforations under the "B" to tear off the stub... If it feels sketchy, don't do it! There are counterfeits out there. Don't panic, you will find new tickets, it may just take a couple tries.

Don't forget to check the Craigslists for cities your traveling through as well...
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

Regarding Ticket Scalpers and Scammers

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
BRC Weekly
Eric

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby kannon » Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:27 pm

Yes, sadly true.

We let our group leave without us a few hours ago, but we're still hoping to find our tickets or purchase replacement tickets, and get out there by some other means. We had to skip last year, and we are still super excited and determined to get out on the playa and give and participate and take great photographs - even if later than expected.

Again, thanks for all the sage advice and encouragement. Crossing fingers that we'll see you there. :)

Best,
Lauren/Kannon
kannon

Return to 2011 Tickets