RIDESHARE SOLUTION for MANY

Rides, Resources, Obtainium.
This a GIFTING forum only - no buying, selling, or bartering.

RIDESHARE SOLUTION for MANY

Postby hageymon » Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:45 am

Greetings to all e-playans needing, or offering, rides from Reno/Sparks to Black Rock City.

This is Hagey, aka Fred, the Deranged-but-Bandy Dude who runs the Black Rock International Burner Hostel, Reno-to-Playa Rideshare Project, and Black Rock Burner Hostel Registered Theme Camp.

www.blackrockburnerhostel.com

The Rideshare Project is CLOSED to anyone arriving at the Hostel later than NOON on Tuesday the 31st, so I can get to BRC myself, yet I am being BOMBARDED by requests from later arrivals who don't know this.

Thus, I am hereby announcing Hagey's Elegantly Simple, Surefire, One-Size-Fits-All, Backup Rideshare-Quandary Solution:

There is an Albertsons grocery store located in a major shopping center at the corner of McCarran Blvd and Prater Way, in Sparks. It is the LAST STOP for supplies by MANY Burners on their way to BRC, and the FIRST STOP for many people coming BACK from BRC for the purpose of re-provisioning, conveniently off I-80 a very short distance and EZ to find. It is walking distance from my home and will be CRAWLING with Burners, as usual, year-after-year, starting around the 25th of this month, including many people from the Burner Hostel.

All you hafta do is take a taxi from the airport or bus station, carrying a PRETTY sign (NEED RIDE TO BRC), whilst you get your shopping done at Albertsons or any one of the numerous stores nearby, including a thrift shop and a Target, and, in no time, should be whisked away to BRC by someone you spot, or spots you, as clearly a BRC-Bound Burner.

Two pretty birds can be petted with one hand...

Everyone having extra room should just automatically swing by there, looking for Burners-in-Need, even if your shopping has already been completed. If you can't find anyone there needing a lift, and you're coming through town BEFORE, say, three-ish on Tuesday the 31st, swing by the Burner Hostel for riders (map/directions on my website).

Burners-in-Need are easy to spot!

SPREAD THE WORD, EVERYONE!

It may take a couple of years before this plan is widely known and practiced, but it WORKS!

Trust me.

Just call me "Dad".

Love,

Hagey RideShareMeister
hageymon

Badger Bate

Postby Gothalot » Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:06 am

Sounds like a great idea but can I ask why it was posted so many times. Watch out for Badger, he will surely comment on this.
Gothalot

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Aug 16, 2004 3:45 pm

Just everyone remember to act nice and spend money there if you can. Don'twant to let some a-hats ruin it for all.
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Sensei » Mon Aug 16, 2004 11:10 pm

I think the arguement could be made that Hageymon is both brilliant and a genius. And probably the most gifting burner at burningman. I'm off to the crush thread.
Sensei

Postby diamond » Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:21 am

Thanks!
diamond

Postby TheMuse » Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:37 pm

Hageymon is a fabulisimo amazing giving person. I HIGHLY suggest everyone who can should stop by the burner hostel on their way to BM to pick up at least one person. We did last year and had a GREAT time. These folks are usually travelling from afar and don't have an overwhelming amount of stuff. BUILD YOUR PLAYA KARMA...
Living on Earth is expensive, but it does include a free trip around the sun every year.
TheMuse

I am going to be there on Friday night

Postby swingdude » Thu Sep 02, 2004 6:09 pm

I am getting to Reno on Sept 3 at 8:50PM. Can anyone pick me up from the airport? I want to try Hagey's solution but am afraid that the Albertson's going to be closed after 9pm or so....

Can anyone pick me up? My cell: 650-804-5524. I will be more than happy to pay for gas...

:?:
swingdude

rideshare

Postby redstar » Thu Sep 02, 2004 6:32 pm

You'd probably be better posting a separate post in the share section - Hageymon and his service only operate up until Tuesday.
"Be the change that you want to see in the world." -Ghandi
redstar

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:40 pm

n/t

Return to 2004 Share